VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes

equus103

Jun 7, 2019
Was really hoping there might be a surprise release of Ep2 or something today, 5/4, since it is Star Wars Day and all...

Keep up the awesome work, Mortze. May the Fourth be with you!

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
These games, minimally, take 6 to 9 months of solid, long hours, work. The first game was just released in Late February. Even if he started on the next game immediately after releasing the first one he couldn't possibly be done by today. (And, besides that, he's been working on something else.)

Although, this week's weekly picture for Patrons was May the 4th themed.

Tlaero

Last edited:

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Early when this game was released I jokingly said in this thread, "still a better story than tar Wars IX". Now having actually played the game that line turned out to be spot on. This is one of those fanfics that's got more of the original magic than a vast array of the official material. Disney is Disney and will likely never throw us a gritty, sexy SW movie/series so there's a major void that The Warrior's Heart is filling here.

Tlaero & Mortze titles were always way above the average in story, with The Warrior's Heart they've also upgraded the visual to current standards, coupled with a genuine Star Wars look.

My one complaint was the bathhouse sex scene, with a girl giving herself as a gift to the MC, it felt a little too much like gratuitous fanservice. As if there had to be a sex scene to

Oh, and "Shade and sweet water"? Someone's been reading Elfquest.

Last edited:

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
Early when this game was released I jokingly said in this thread, "still a better story than tar Wars IX". Now having actually played the game that line turned out to be spot on. This is one of those fanfics that's got more of the original magic than a vast array of the official material. Disney is Disney and will likely never throw us a gritty, sexy SW movie/series so there's a major void that The Warrior's Heart is filling here.

Tlaero & Mortze titles were always way above the average in story, with The Warrior's Heart they've also upgraded the visual to current standards, coupled with a genuine Star Wars look.

My one complaint was the bathhouse sex scene, with a girl giving herself as a gift to the MC, it felt a little too much like cheap fanservice.
Thank you!

The girl in the bathhouse didn't simply gave herself to the MC. I think she explains her presence there well enough to him.

Reactions: Ghostly

ANUBIS969

Dec 9, 2017
omg omg my beloved Mortze is back uwu you allways make one of the damm best games in that universe :D thank you so mutch. And now its time to play it and let the pipe glow *giggle*

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Thank you!

The girl in the bathhouse didn't simply gave herself to the MC. I think she explains her presence there well enough to him.
I edited my post seconds before you replied.

While I simplified the "bathouse girl's" motivations in my post the impression I was left with was all the same.

Anyhow, it would be unfortunate to focus on this when the overall game is a bullseye.

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017

My one complaint was the bathhouse sex scene, with a girl giving herself as a gift to the MC, it felt a little too much like gratuitous fanservice. As if there had to be a sex scene to

Oh, and "Shade and sweet water"? Someone's been reading Elfquest.
Perhaps but Oneros certainly has his motives.

I don't know Elfquest, I just thought that phrase was appropriate for hospitality in a desert planet. It's not the first things people associated with a reference from something else and oddly, each time, it was not me getting inspired by the source mentioned. For instance people have said that Drea reminds them of a character from The Expanse and that Kleio reminds them of another blonde character from a game here on F95Zone. It's inevitable that some things will seem to have come or been inspired from other materials. In these 3 cases it weren't which is very ironic because the whole game is hardly original; it's totally inspired by a well known franchise. What am I saying? I'ts totally inserted in that franchise's setting.

Reactions: Ghostly

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
So its just another of those one time game with one episode that dies in the end and says complete when its clear that its not complete ...The episode it is but the Story its far from complete ... I get it !...

Anyone can make a game now and like this one add complete in the end of it and we all see its not ...I am not complaining , But its a bad thing for us that like the game play it and in the end you realise that even if the storytelling is pointing that its not the end here the author or creator just decides it finished .. For me its ok .. I'll just erase it .. And will not download again nothing from him cause I do love finished storys ...But Please .. Do not take me wrong but saying its complete its laughing of us that downloaded it ..

Its not complete , and if you or anyone say it is its just cause you didn't saw the end of this EPISODE...More if it is a EPISODE its not complete ..Language can be tricky but not when missdirected ..

Thanks..

• Angry
Reactions: WaltS and moskyx

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
So its just another of those one time game with one episode that dies in the end and says complete when its clear that its not complete ...The episode it is but the Story its far from complete ... I get it !...

Anyone can make a game now and like this one add complete in the end of it and we all see its not ...I am not complaining , But its a bad thing for us that like the game play it and in the end you realise that even if the storytelling is pointing that its not the end here the author or creator just decides it finished .. For me its ok .. I'll just erase it .. And will not download again nothing from him cause I do love finished storys ...But Please .. Do not take me wrong but saying its complete its laughing of us that downloaded it ..

Its not complete , and if you or anyone say it is its just cause you didn't saw the end of this EPISODE...More if it is a EPISODE its not complete ..Language can be tricky but not when missdirected ..

Thanks..
The game is called Star Wars Episode 1... so yeah, it's an Episode and it's a complete Episode, therefore the tag is correct according to forum rules. And there will be more to complete a series developing the overarching story, but this part of it is finished. This has already been discussed
The game is complete. It has an ending.
The same way The Empire Strikes Back is a completed movie.
Someone suggested me to add the "complete" tag and it's better that way because people might think that it's an unfinished game with "Under construction" warnings. :)
But devs cannot add the complete tag, that's mod's work
You might need to 'Report' it so one of the mods can set it.
I'm really sorry you just feel cheated after finishing this game and this was the only thing you could comment about it

Reactions: DougTheC

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
The game is called Star Wars Episode 1... so yeah, it's an Episode and it's a complete Episode, therefore the tag is correct according to forum rules. And there will be more to complete a series developing the overarching story, but this part of it is finished. This has already been discussed

But devs cannot add the complete tag, that's mod's work

I'm really sorry you just feel cheated after finishing this game and this was the only thing you could comment about it

Well ...if you say so...I was not complaining as I said ...Its a free game so I am not to complain about it anyway !..

Thanks ..

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017

Thanks..
The game and the episode for that matter is COMPLETED. It has a beginning, a middle and an ending. Is it the ending of the whole story? No, it's the ending of the episode. But there's no UNDER CONSTRUCTION parts in the whole game.
Would you think that The Empire Strikes Back movie is not complete? Would you think The Force Awakens is not complete? I would certainly have liked to see what Rey and Luke would have to tell to each other at the end of the movie but I got the credits instead. Is it an uncompleted movie in your opinion? What about Season 2 of Game of Thrones, or the whole Ice and Fire books? Uncompleted too?

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018

Anyone can make a game now and like this one add complete in the end of it and we all see its not
There are games that release an episode that takes 10-15 minutes to play. I would understand your frustration if those games never continued.

This one takes 3 hours.

It's hardly a flash in the pan, "He threw something together and then disappeared." It's longer than any of the Star Wars movies, which are also called "Episodes" and, each of which, took longer than 4 months to create. When the sequel to whichever one you saw first wasn't released in a few months, I would hope you didn't assume there wouldn't be any more.

You also said that anyone can make a game now, but how many developers do you know who have made more than 7 full games, like Mortze has?

Tlaero

Reactions: yandex and WaltS

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
You also said that anyone can make a game now, but how many developers do you know who have made more than 7 full games, like Mortze has?

Tlaero
Technically, the Elsa-verse original series would count as just one game ^^ Maybe not even so, cause we still don't know what happened to the main characters after the final fight (Charles got away in his car without further explanation and you even wrote a minor story (also unfinished!) about Xara's return to her world , for godness sake, how can you pretend this is a finished game!?!)
Also, Pandora it's obviously an unfinished project. So that's another one less to the count. Darkness Falls? Well, I don't think I need to elaborate (and he may be right on this one, anyway). So it's just fair to assume Mortze has only completed Coming to Grips with Christine, and it was actually a sequel so I'm not really sure it should count too

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Technically, the Elsa-verse original series would count as just one game ^^ Maybe not even so, cause we still don't know what happened to the main characters after the final fight (Charles got away in his car without further explanation and you even wrote a minor story (also unfinished!) about Xara's return to her world , for godness sake, how can you pretend this is a finished game!?!)
Also, Pandora it's obviously an unfinished project. So that's another one less to the count. Darkness Falls? Well, I don't think I need to elaborate (and he may be right on this one, anyway). So it's just fair to assume Mortze has only completed Coming to Grips with Christine, and it was actually a sequel so I'm not really sure it should count too
I'm not sure why you would only count all the games in Elsa-verse as "just one game". That's like saying all the MCU movies is "just one movie", or closer to home, all the Star War movies is "just one movie".

Even if we count the entire Elsa-verse as "just one game", let's count...
  1. Elsa-verse (it really is multiple games)
  2. Pandora
  3. Darkness Falls (technically it can be considered part of Elsa-verse but it's really a separate cast and story)
  4. Coming to Grips with Christine
  5. SWe1: TWH
  6. Science of Lust (with iksanabot)
  7. Gates: The Opening (a game by Dede Kusto, with quite a bit of artwork by Mortze)

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I'm not sure why you would only count all the games in Elsa-verse as "just one game". That's like saying all the MCU movies is "just one movie", or closer to home, all the Star War movies is "just one movie".
Mine was just a sarcastic comment. Some other's one, not. And trust me, I'm well aware of how many games he has done so far ;)

Bullfye

Feb 8, 2019
The game and the episode for that matter is COMPLETED. It has a beginning, a middle and an ending. Is it the ending of the whole story? No, it's the ending of the episode. But there's no UNDER CONSTRUCTION parts in the whole game.
Would you think that The Empire Strikes Back movie is not complete? Would you think The Force Awakens is not complete? I would certainly have liked to see what Rey and Luke would have to tell to each other at the end of the movie but I got the credits instead. Is it an uncompleted movie in your opinion? What about Season 2 of Game of Thrones, or the whole Ice and Fire books? Uncompleted too?

No I don't cause they are episodes ... Each SW movie its an episode .. Seeing the way we want doesn't means the story ends .. that is exactly the point in here as well bud..if some do not pay attention to the reading part of the story doesn't get what they say at the almost end or end of this episode...Again The base of the episode can be completed the story its not , that was my point and the same for the Star Wars franchise movies , Episode one , episode two Episode three etc...

Again I am not complaining but saw here that no more episodes would be done on this story , or at least I understood this , and immediately felt like a fish when gets the bait in the hook !

Thanks..

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
No I don't cause they are episodes ... Each SW movie its an episode .. Seeing the way we want doesn't means the story ends .. that is exactly the point in here as well bud..if some do not pay attention to the reading part of the story doesn't get what they say at the almost end or end of this episode...Again The base of the episode can be completed the story its not , that was my point and the same for the Star Wars franchise movies , Episode one , episode two Episode three etc...

Again I am not complaining but saw here that no more episodes would be done on this story , or at least I understood this , and immediately felt like a fish when gets the bait in the hook !

Thanks..
I don't know who said that no more episodes will be done for this game but they're wrong. I plan to continue the story. If it depends solely on me there will be other episodes!
I think I've said that several times already.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Mine was just a sarcastic comment. Some other's one, not. And trust me, I'm well aware of how many games he has done so far ;)
Just in case it's not clear, Moskys is the kind-hearted soul who translated all of those games to Spanish. Thank you, Moskys!

Tlaero

Reactions: Kondorito

Nasao

Sep 30, 2019
Great fanfiction.I liked it very much and I hope there will be a sequel with other episodes.
Too bad we don't have any scenes with the jedi on the road. Well I'll see about episode 2.

Apolly009

Jul 17, 2019
Great Game, but question: (When) is there going to be a sequel?
Are there going to be any more parts?
if yes, how many?
I love the first part!

Reactions: wulfie1974
4.60 star(s) 131 Votes