VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
It's not the first chapter. It's the first episode.
Is the movie The New Hope completed or not? It has 3 acts, a beginning (Tattooine), a middle (in the Death Star) and an ending (The Battle of Yavin). Despite that, there is a huge unfinished plot with Darth Vader escaping - and I'm not even going to the fact that it's the first episode of a trilogy. Would you not say it's a complete film?
Is the Fellowship of the Ring (first book of the LOTR trilogy) an incomplete book?
How about Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the first Harry Potter book?
Are all of those incomplete products?

This game has a beginning, a middle and an ending. It is a complete game.
I'm currently working on the next episode and when done it will also be a complete game; the second one of this trilogy or tetralogy or whatever is needed to tell the bigger story.
You may be right about it being its own game but that just means its ending isnt good. Even if you plan on making a sequel you should still tie up the major plot points in the story except the over arching plot thatll connect all the games and you dont start a new plot thread right at the end. You can tease or foreshadow but you dont start it. how this game ended its like if at the end of episode 4 they showed imps invading hoth then rolled the credits.

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
It has been a while since I played that episode, really enjoyed it and I'm curious how it goes on in SWe2

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
I don't agree. The ending felt pretty similar (foreshadowing-wise) to the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

Tlaero
Personally I think it wouldve been better to end after saving Drea and have the last planet be the start of episode 2. Maybe have some more interactions with the crew thrown in also.

kaelapeaches

Feb 16, 2021
not saying i'm perfect but if i'm writing a game i would make sure all grammatical problems are resolved. There are too many common mistakes and run on sentences and things that just don't make much sense. Overall, I like where this is going.
Also, I run this on Linux Mint, I'm sure it's the same for ubuntu users, I run the .sh file (no wine or play on linux necessary)

Screenshot at 2021-02-17 01-28-40.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jordan_K

vnqats

Oct 9, 2017
not saying i'm perfect but if i'm writing a game i would make sure all grammatical problems are resolved. There are too many common mistakes and run on sentences and things that just don't make much sense. Overall, I like where this is going.
Typos are inevitable unless you have multiple rounds of good-quality editing, which most stuff on f95 doesn't have the resources for. That being said, not sure what that screenshot is about because that line is fine. Not reading like ESL is already a big plus IMO.

kaelapeaches

Feb 16, 2021
Typos are inevitable unless you have multiple rounds of good-quality editing, which most stuff on f95 doesn't have the resources for. That being said, not sure what that screenshot is about because that line is fine. Not reading like ESL is already a big plus IMO.
That's why I'm not sure. The next line she spoke of was about "Fighter" pilots. So, I am confused.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
ah ok, that makes sense.
"Freighter" is a class of spaceships used to transport commodities ( ). That spaceship they are on is a freighter, hence the MC's assumption that captain's family were all freighter pilots. But they were actually fighter pilots

So not sure if you're indeed a native english speaker but surely you were right on this: you are not perfect either

Reactions: n0cn1l

kaelapeaches

Feb 16, 2021
"Freighter" is a class of spaceships used to transport commodities ( ). That spaceship they are on is a freighter, hence the MC's assumption that captain's family were all freighter pilots. But they were actually fighter pilots

So not sure if you're indeed a native english speaker but surely you were right on this: you are not perfect either
I'm not very well versed in aircraft.

Jordan_K

Feb 18, 2021
I thought the bathroom scene was kinda funny. When the girl was taking a shower and everyone was waiting outside, but the Jawa was pointing a gun:LOL:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Also, I run this on Linux Mint, I'm sure it's the same for ubuntu users, I run the .sh file (no wine or play on linux necessary)
Says the one who didn't even capitalize the very first letter of the paragraph, didn't capitalize multiple I's, double-spaced, missed the period at the end, and also wrote a run-on sentence. :ROFLMAO:

In case you are not aware, the developer Mortze is from a non-English speaking country. Spain if I recall correctly.

kaelapeaches

Feb 16, 2021
Says the one who didn't even capitalize the very first letter of the paragraph, didn't capitalize multiple I's, double-spaced, missed the period at the end, and also wrote a run-on sentence. :ROFLMAO:

In case you are not aware, the developer Mortze is from a non-English speaking country. Spain if I recall correctly.
yeah, but it'd be diff if I wrote a game. I would do my best to write it. Don't hate the messenger lol.

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes