VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
1612708589187.png

I really don't understand how can Mortze create an excellent Star Wars game, which reaches the front page and gets a 4.5/5 rating, and then completely disregard a sequel in lieu of other games with a much lesser impact. Certainly I can't be the only one seeing the missed potential here.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
View attachment 1024846

I really don't understand how can Mortze create an excellent Star Wars game, which reaches the front page and gets a 4.5/5 rating, and then completely disregard a sequel in lieu of other games with a much lesser impact. Certainly I can't be the only one seeing the missed potential here.
Hrm... not sure what game's sequel are you talking about here. But that's a quote from 2017

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
View attachment 1024846

I'm guessing because he can make money off of his other games and cannot make anything off of this game.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I'm guessing because he can make money off of his other games and cannot make anything off of this game.
Just to be clear, he's currently working on Ep2 of this Star Wars game. It's the next game he's going to release.

Money is not a factor here, Tlaero and him are longtime partners and will keep releasing games as a team. Sadly, people enjoyed this game a lot but it didn't mean a noticeable boost in their patreon numbers from their usual figures so they'll just keep doing what they do, the way the do: a joint game, then a Mortze's solo

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
View attachment 1024846

That post is from 4 years ago when Redemption for Jessika was released, what are you going on about?

Reactions: pkripem

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
He's complaining that we never made Pandora III. The "Pandora Part II" that Mortze referred to there happened, though some people felt that my efforts in that part detracted from it. What he's really saying, though, is, "Why is Mortze wasting time with Tlaero when he could be making more solo games, especially the next Pandora." The thing is, when I prematurely retired and Mortze found himself on his own, he didn't make the next Pandora. He made this Star Wars game. And, now that I've come back out of retirement, we take turns making a game together and then him making a solo one. He's working on a solo one now, and it's the sequel to The Warrior's Heart, not Pandora. If you want to blame me for that, go ahead. I can take it. But the reality is that I have nothing to do with Mortze's choices on solo projects. He's making the games he has passion around, and, currently at least, he has more passion for SW than Pandora.

Tlaero

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
He's complaining that we never made Pandora III. The "Pandora Part II" that Mortze referred to there happened, though some people felt that my efforts in that part detracted from it. What he's really saying, though, is, "Why is Mortze wasting time with Tlaero when he could be making more solo games, especially the next Pandora." The thing is, when I prematurely retired and Mortze found himself on his own, he didn't make the next Pandora. He made this Star Wars game. And, now that I've come back out of retirement, we take turns making a game together and then him making a solo one. He's working on a solo one now, and it's the sequel to The Warrior's Heart, not Pandora. If you want to blame me for that, go ahead. I can take it. But the reality is that I have nothing to do with Mortze's choices on solo projects. He's making the games he has passion around, and, currently at least, he has more passion for SW than Pandora.

Tlaero
I for one am glad you're back and I'm looking forward to your new collab project as much as I'm looking forward to the next Star Wars themed story. It's better than what Disney did with the last films. When can we expect news regarding new collaboration projects?

Reactions: Duke Leo

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
If I were to continue Pandora then people who like the Elsaverse games or the SW game would complain. If I were to only do the SW game then people who like Elsaverse and Pandora would complain. If I did only Elsaverse games then.... I guess you got it.

With the inevitability that I can't please every one I came to the conclusion that the best I can do is work on projects that 1/ I am passionated about, 2/ Tlaero is ok with, 3/ are moderately popular, in that order.

Is Pandora something I will never work with again? It is not. I know many people liked Rita, Nikki and Kaori as many like Drea and Kleio now. Hopefully they will be back.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
We've got "Elsaverse: Transitions" going now. It's a "Visual Short Story" (no gameplay) intended to bridge the gap from the original Elsaverse games to ones I'm planning to do in the future. This is kind of similar to "Elsa's Nightmares" in that it's really intended to give people something to tide them over until the next SW game is finished. I'll be releasing Episode 4 to higher tier patrons early this week, and it'll go to the public a day or so later.

I've announced on our discord that the next actual game that Mortze and I will work on (after he finishes the second SW game) is an Elsaverse one, and that I'm currently planning to call it, "Chasing Beth."

Tlaero

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
Is Pandora something I will never work with again? It is not. I know many people liked Rita, Nikki and Kaori as many like Drea and Kleio now. Hopefully they will be back.
Just to be abundantly clear, since English isn't Mortze's first language. The double negative there is intended. He's saying that he'll likely get back to Pandora someday.

Tlaero

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
If I were to continue Pandora then people who like the Elsaverse games or the SW game would complain. If I were to only do the SW game then people who like Elsaverse and Pandora would complain. If I did only Elsaverse games then.... I guess you got it.

With the inevitability that I can't please every one I came to the conclusion that the best I can do is work on projects that 1/ I am passionated about, 2/ Tlaero is ok with, 3/ are moderately popular, in that order.

I'm actually happy to see you are going to work on it, hell I remember asking you a few months ago , we need some good star wars :p

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017

I really like Pandora and Rita is awesome. I was disappointed when you announced that the next project is episode two, and don't get me wrong I enjoyed the first episode, but I wasn't a big fan of Star Wars. However, recently I got on to Star Wars train and don't want to get off yet, so I am anticipating the continuation of your story in the galaxy far, far away.

Hunter99004

Jan 30, 2021
Though I am new to this forum, I am just going to say that I for one enjoy the collaboration of Tlaero and Mortze. Their games are the best in my opinion. Do I wish sequels would come out faster, sure, but I know that takes time something we all value and don't want to waste. It takes time to make a good game and they have a mission to make every game the best it can be. To be honest we like to play their games so we must have the patience to wait for the next editions. Thank You Tlaero and Mortze for all the work you put into the games, please keep it up and don't retire too soon.

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
I personally liked the Pandora Games the most with the Elsa Games following close. And though I am not a Star Wars fan (shame on me) I enjoy that game very much, too. So I don't care which game will be next by Mortze and Tlaero, it will be a burner anyways and I can't wait to see what's coming on. Both of you should keep up the good work.

Gedeon5

Nov 26, 2019
The completed tag seems misleading to me, it's only the first chapter, by that standard every single game here is completed then if they just release each chapter separately. I went through this chapter in no time and there were barely any scenes, and I found this game while looking for completed stuff specifically since I didn't want to be left waiting for more, and oh surprise...

Mortze

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2017
The completed tag seems misleading to me, it's only the first chapter, by that standard every single game here is completed then if they just release each chapter separately. I went through this chapter in no time and there were barely any scenes, and I found this game while looking for completed stuff specifically since I didn't want to be left waiting for more, and oh surprise...
It's not the first chapter. It's the first episode.
Is the movie The New Hope completed or not? It has 3 acts, a beginning (Tattooine), a middle (in the Death Star) and an ending (The Battle of Yavin). Despite that, there is a huge unfinished plot with Darth Vader escaping - and I'm not even going to the fact that it's the first episode of a trilogy. Would you not say it's a complete film?
Is the Fellowship of the Ring (first book of the LOTR trilogy) an incomplete book?
How about Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the first Harry Potter book?
Are all of those incomplete products?

This game has a beginning, a middle and an ending. It is a complete game.
I'm currently working on the next episode and when done it will also be a complete game; the second one of this trilogy or tetralogy or whatever is needed to tell the bigger story.

4.60 star(s) 130 Votes