VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Finally got to playing this. I didn't know it was so short. I expected text heavy and got that. It's not my preference but the writing is solid all around. I can appreciate it even if it's pretty wordy for me, the character models and effort shines through either way and I love the lil jawa. I'd definitely check out the next ep

One other thing that bothers the completionist in me is not getting to experience all the dialogue options without rolling back or saving at those points. I know it's common in VNs so this isn't unique to the game though. Seeing as the game was not too long I went back to see what other options led to

Reactions: Duke Leo

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Do you think "Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" is completed? Think of this thread as that movie's thread, hence the "completed" tag applies
no it really doesn't. The story is not complete, the change log says initial release. Plenty of other games that have chapters don't get the completed tag after one chapter is finished. Seems like a bait and switch to me. Plus its been over a year since it's release. At the very least it should be removed from the Featured Games Slider since it doesn't qualify

Reactions: TamaMountain

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
no it really doesn't. The story is not complete, the change log says initial release. Plenty of other games that have chapters don't get the completed tag after one chapter is finished. Seems like a bait and switch to me. Plus its been over a year since it's release. At the very least it should be removed from the Featured Games Slider since it doesn't qualify
First of all, tags are added by site's admins, so if you don't agree with the tags given go and report the OP asking them to reconsider their decision or open a ticket.

That said, the story is complete: the MC left his planet and got involved in some serious shit, found out that in fact he just wanted to leave his struggling daily life and in the meantime he also found a connection with the Force, some good friends and a reason to train his gifts and to fight for (also he's no longer a virgin). So the initial step of his story-arch is complete and now we can jump into new adventures, that's basically how every trilogy you could name starts out. Also, not sure how many "chapter one" of 3 hours long of a non-completed game you can find on this forum.

It was the initial release because, you know, it was released in this state. A full, completed game which also happens to be the first one of a series, but independent on its own. So it's first release and also final release of "The Warrior's Heart", but the series is planned and in development, next title coming out sometime this year.

The Featured Games Slider is just staff choice, they vote the games they think that deserve this extra exposure. This one ticked all the boxes to be there in terms of quality and support. If it's still there is simply because the feature has gone on hiatus for some vague reasons, there are also some other games that wouldn't be elligible right now (What a Legend surpassed long ago the 1k patrons mark, for instance). Again, in case you don't agree with site mods, well, you know the drill

Edit.- It would be nice to know what do you think of the game itself, appart from that rant about the completed tag.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
lol how does this get the "completed" tag. The change log even says "initial release"
seems like a bait and switch to me
and here we go again.

Completed of part 1 of game, part 2 (sw2 something) comes this year maybe.

each part is it's own game like each sw movie was it's own movie.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
and here we go again.

Completed of part 1 of game, part 2 (sw2 something) comes this year maybe.

each part is it's own game like each sw movie was it's own movie.
it's not a movie though. It's not produced like one, consumed like one, paid for like one. It's nothing like a movie, aside from the fact that it is a visual narrative, and comparing it to one is disingenuous.

Reactions: TamaMountain

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
it's not a movie though. It's not produced like one, consumed like one, paid for like one. It's nothing like a movie, aside from the fact that it is a visual narrative, and comparing it to one is disingenuous.
Yes, cause games can't have sequels. There is no dragon age 2 or dragon age: inquisition. Or something that does have a more open ended ending, there is no darksiders 2 or 3 or 4. Newsflash, games can have multiple sequels.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Yes, cause games can't have sequels. There is no dragon age 2 or dragon age: inquisition. Or something that doesn't have a more open ended ending, there is no darksiders 2 or 3 or 4. Newsflash, games can have multiple sequels.
I mean these "games" aren't even really analogous to regular video games. They are all financed by subscription services and aside from some free to play MMOs most video games and all movies are a one time fee. Now you can obviously subscribe for a single month but that is not really the model for most of these games. They are subscriptions and subscribers expect monthly or at lease regular content.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
the people who should ask for their money back are the people who subscribed to this dev thinking they were going to get prompt content for this game
Well, thank you for looking out for their financial interests then. Maybe you can convince them to start a class action lawsuit against Mortze.

Reactions: rrapa

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I mean these "games" aren't even really analogous to regular video games. They are all financed by subscription services and aside from some free to play MMOs most video games and all movies are a one time fee. Now you can obviously subscribe for a single month but that is not really the model for most of these games. They are subscriptions and subscribers expect monthly or at lease regular content.
Then having the "completed" tag would be even better because those subscribers wouldn't feel cheated at all as they wouldn't expect some regular new content after it being labeled as complete. So no harm done. But for some reason you still think it's outrageous because... why, exactly? You're cornering yourself

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
The Patreon link at the top of this thread is for Tora Productions, who in the time since this game was released have released multiple updates for multiple games. This series is one Mortze works on in between working on other projects for Tora, and Tora is very consistent at releasing weekly reports on the current state of development on all their projects as well as releasing an update for one or the other of their projects roughly every other month. If literally the only thing you care about is this series then, sure, a subscription isn't the way to go. But those of us who are chipping in over on Patreon (even the ones like me that discovered Tora through this game and are waiting impatiently for the next episode) are actually getting a lot more for our money than from the average adult game dev.

Last edited:
Reactions: pavaols
4.60 star(s) 131 Votes