VN Ren'Py Completed SWe1: The Warrior's Heart [v1.0] [Mortze]

4.60 star(s) 131 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
it's not a movie though. It's not produced like one, consumed like one, paid for like one. It's nothing like a movie, aside from the fact that it is a visual narrative, and comparing it to one is disingenuous.
oh yes it is, sw1 movie told it's story like sw1 game told it's story and so on.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
most asked questions on this thread: will there be sequel, is it finished, when is next update released.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok Moskyx,
I finally stumbled on to this 'fan game'...or VN sequel...or movie...call it what you will.
I applaud enthusiastically. It has some Serious art and story work and comes across very 'professional' (which is high praise from me) I enjoyed the graphics, development, and story line and look forward to seeing where it goes from here. I was especially surprised by the "Easter Egg" ala SW tradition but it also was very polished.
With the amount of effort you put in this first episode, I know the second will be a long time coming...which is ok by me.
In looking to offer helpful hints, I only found two text errors of any consequence...mispelled words are so easy to miss sometimes, so the text gets an "A" from me. The Easter Egg was only available after a very long wait at a dead screen at the end of the credits and you might want to shorten that up. It may have been waiting for a 'click' from me and since no one clicks during credits, you might want to make it automatic. As far as helpful hints in the story, the only 'put off' thing for me was that the MC was sooo dumb and docile throughout the majority of the plot it became uncomfortable. Giving him SOME competency greatly enhances his 'hero-believeability' later in the plot...(this guy was a little too wimpy) Please consider that in the future even though I know it can't be changed in this story. Other than that ...and for some of the text being pretty long between image/plot changes, I have little to add in the way of help.
It was THAT GOOD! Congratulations. I love a game / VN that emphasizes story over just h-scenes (which were also excellent animation). Yours rates among my top three games on F95. And that is saying something. Professor X10

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Ok Moskyx,
I finally stumbled on to this 'fan game'...or VN sequel...or movie...call it what you will.
I applaud enthusiastically. It has some Serious art and story work and comes across very 'professional' (which is high praise from me) I enjoyed the graphics, development, and story line and look forward to seeing where it goes from here. I was especially surprised by the "Easter Egg" ala SW tradition but it also was very polished.
With the amount of effort you put in this first episode, I know the second will be a long time coming...which is ok by me.
In looking to offer helpful hints, I only found two text errors of any consequence...mispelled words are so easy to miss sometimes, so the text gets an "A" from me. The Easter Egg was only available after a very long wait at a dead screen at the end of the credits and you might want to shorten that up. It may have been waiting for a 'click' from me and since no one clicks during credits, you might want to make it automatic. As far as helpful hints in the story, the only 'put off' thing for me was that the MC was sooo dumb and docile throughout the majority of the plot it became uncomfortable. Giving him SOME competency greatly enhances his 'hero-believeability' later in the plot...(this guy was a little too wimpy) Please consider that in the future even though I know it can't be changed in this story. Other than that ...and for some of the text being pretty long between image/plot changes, I have little to add in the way of help.
It was THAT GOOD! Congratulations. I love a game / VN that emphasizes story over just h-scenes (which were also excellent animation). Yours rates among my top three games on F95. And that is saying something. Professor X10
Glad you liked it, but I just made the Spanish translation (and gave a few coding tips to Mortze, who's the real MVP here)

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Glad you liked it, but I just made the Spanish translation (and gave a few coding tips to Mortze, who's the real MVP here)
Oh...Ooops.. sorry. Well, Please pass along my thoughts and suggestions and tell him I wish him success with the project. ...or as some would say, KOPKA!!

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
One other thing if you can... The one thing missing from this game overall is sound. With the exception of the droid and jabba and a very few sound effects (yes and opening closing fanfare) the rest of this whole plot is dead. No sounds...no background music... I've got my sound/music adjustments up but it is really too bad.
my thought was that you don't have to add John Williams music as background but anything would help.

Please pass that along.

Reactions: moskyx

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
One other thing if you can... The one thing missing from this game overall is sound. With the exception of the droid and jabba and a very few sound effects (yes and opening closing fanfare) the rest of this whole plot is dead. No sounds...no background music... I've got my sound/music adjustments up but it is really too bad.
my thought was that you don't have to add John Williams music as background but anything would help.

Please pass that along.
Hmm...considering Dev is close to copyright issues already, perhaps a suggested playlist for certain scenes? I wouldn't even mind a mod that jumps into the dialog with "start Imperial March on repeat now", "start Leia's theme", etc.

Probably not feasible, but a workaround.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Can we expect Mortze release more previews of the next ep? There will be great for the hype :)

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
But the next episode will not continue this story.... It will be standalone too
I am assuming that Chapter Two will be a separate stand alone story but continuing the adventures of the characters already introduced as well as adding new ones. I am hoping that it will reference and build upon the events of Chapter One.

So I am hoping that it WILL continue this story even though being separate self contained storyline.

Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were both separate stories but they continued the story of the original Star Wars.

Reactions: Aryanblood17

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
But the next episode will not continue this story.... It will be standalone too
Depends on how one defines continuation vs standalone. Is The Empire Strikes Back a continuation or a standalone story to the original Star Wars? I suspect it will probably be the same case here.

Or maybe Mortze will go the Rouge one route. Then it will definitely be a standalone story while in the same universe.

Reactions: Aryanblood17
4.60 star(s) 131 Votes