Ren'Py Sweet Times [v0.18.9.1] [SLG-Dev]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
In case anyone is wondering, I've recently been in contact with Phil (the developer), and he is still working on the game. Like many developers, real life slows the pace at which he can work on his project. Right now, he's really busy with preparing for a big exam at the end of the month, but he works on the game every evening.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
In case anyone is wondering, I've recently been in contact with Phil (the developer), and he is still working on the game. Like many developers, real life slows the pace at which he can work on his project. Right now, he's really busy with preparing for a big exam at the end of the month, but he works on the game every evening.
Excellent news! As long as the Dev is still working on his masterpiece I still have hope that "Sweet Times" lie ahead.

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
Excellent news! As long as the Dev is still working on his masterpiece I still have hope that "Sweet Times" lie ahead.
dont put your hopes too high. i remember the dev saying that he was gonna have a very important exam in march now this...
im pretty sure to see the onhold/abandoned tag for this game in the near future

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
dont put your hopes too high. i remember the dev saying that he was gonna have a very important exam in march now this...
So two exams in back-to-back months is definitely possible with school, although it's possible it was the same exam if it was a particularly huge one. (The LSAT or MCAT, as examples, both require literally months or even years of preparation, so whatever Phil has could be extremely big like that.) I only communicate with him here and there, so I'm not sure what the nature of the exam(s) could be.

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
Don't worry about me, Xabder, (though I do appreciate the comment) for I'll always be an optimist until there is no more ground left on which to fight, at which point I'll have evolved into a realist and just shrug my shoulders, walk away and never look back! (haha! what a crock of...!!).

Anyway, seriously, I do hope this Dev's okay and I hope, whether or not he can/does come back to finish, that he has Sweet Times ahead of him in return for all the sweet times he's given us lucky people (especially with sweet, sweet Victoria and sultry Libby) while he was healthy.

I'll mourn for vivacious Victoria and lovely Libby when the time is right, but I'm not ready yet, in fact I don't hear the fat lady even practising her scales yet, so I reckon there's plenty of time and hope left yet.

benny7

Apr 22, 2019
Played this on the last update and really liked it. No news in a while so hope it is still in the works.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I just reached out to him. I'll convey here any news that I get.
OK, he's working on the game. He's been rewriting the prologue (adding a fair amount to it), which he's sent to me to preliminarily review. I'll try to go through that today or tomorrow and then send my thoughts back to him. As far as I can tell, he's doing well but is very busy still.

Reactions: Vleder
Jan 2, 2022
This looks really good. But no point in my playing a less than 20% completed game.
By the time that this gets finished, I'll have forgotten all of the story. That's happened to me with several other games. I "kinda" recall the characters, but lost the plot and forgot most of the scenes.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I have recently gotten the latest script updates and sent my edits back to the developer. He'll give me some feedback on any changes and I'll do a final set of minor changes. I cannot, of course, speak at all to how much longer it might be until the next release. What I can say that we'll be one step closer to the next version coming out. Just from what I've run through, I can tell you there's been a fair amount of work that's gone into this next release. IMO things look pretty polished, and I'd guess there isn't a ton more work to do. But since I'm not the developer but just the proofreader / beta tester, I can't say if more content will be added before the version is released. I'm not going to say more, but I am quite pleased with this latest content.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
I have recently gotten the latest script updates and sent my edits back to the developer. He'll give me some feedback on any changes and I'll do a final set of minor changes. I cannot, of course, speak at all to how much longer it might be until the next release. What I can say that we'll be one step closer to the next version coming out. Just from what I've run through, I can tell you there's been a fair amount of work that's gone into this next release. IMO things look pretty polished, and I'd guess there isn't a ton more work to do. But since I'm not the developer but just the proofreader / beta tester, I can't say if more content will be added before the version is released. I'm not going to say more, but I am quite pleased with this latest content.
Awesome! THX for the info!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-DEV-Phil-

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2021
Well, do you still remember me?

Unfortunately it took far too long.

Enclosed I have the remake of the prologue for you.

0.18.5:

Next month will follow the next update with Libby's revised story part.

And thanks -CookieMonster666- for all your Help

Best regards

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
dammit yet another incest "AVN" that is also a damned sandbox. I know there's incest patches but how I wish there were also de-sandbox patches making it into a regular kinetic AVN (assuming there's no choices to keep in a reformat, usually not with sandboxes).
Um, there's no incest in this game. That tag should be removed. The MC has no relation to any of the characters in the game; they are friends of his family but not related to him.

Reactions: PervertAndProudOfIt
2.90 star(s) 11 Votes