4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

ron34

Nov 18, 2018
Before he moved, were donations his prime source of income, or did he had a regular job? I'm just wondering, since he now lives in a more expensive place, and having another job would most likely impact the production of the game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: pzpssapcxtajfgrvgk
Jul 29, 2023
Does he drop updates already translated then? if he mentioned that a translation wasn't "up to his standards"?

so will the SAO Part 2 drop be already translated or do we need to make an MTL for it?
I've been translating the SAO releases into English as a hobby for a couple months now. Fujino releases an MTL with ChatGPT, which is how things get messed up, like how "Charlie" is actually named Toyama.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I've been translating the SAO releases into English as a hobby for a couple months now. Fujino releases an MTL with ChatGPT, which is how things get messed up, like how "Charlie" is actually named Toyama.
So Kirito's friend's name is Toyama. That is interesting. How did ChatGPT make it Charlie? I am assuming all the other names are right. Maybe in the beginning when it was a person translating the game, that person used the name Charlie and now Fujino keeps the Charlie name to be consistent.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
LMAO, that actually explains a lot. I was very confused at how Fujino properly named Inoda as he did, but decided to make Kirito's NPC friend "Charlie", a translation error makes a lot more sense than a Chinese game-creator deciding to give that name.

Reactions: pzpssapcxtajfgrvgk
Jul 29, 2023
So Kirito's friend's name is Toyama. That is interesting. How did ChatGPT make it Charlie? I am assuming all the other names are right. Maybe in the beginning when it was a person translating the game, that person used the name Charlie and now Fujino keeps the Charlie name to be consistent.
I don't know about the previous fan who translated early versions of the game, but for ChatGPT it just made up a name. Fujino nicknamed Kirito's friend in Chinese with Shanghainese slang that more or less means "mischievous fellow." In my early drafts, I had him as Puck, because of the Shakespearean character.

Apr 5, 2022
If I were you, I would lower expectations for the update, Fujino himself made it clear that the trial had most of the Cgs from the new update, so I assume that the new update should just be a sample of the new city maps and a small introduction of how things will be in part 2. As I said before, the game should only get back on track after 2 or 3 updates from this one.

OrangeBrother

May 26, 2020
If I were you, I would lower expectations for the update, Fujino himself made it clear that the trial had most of the Cgs from the new update, so I assume that the new update should just be a sample of the new city maps and a small introduction of how things will be in part 2. As I said before, the game should only get back on track after 2 or 3 updates from this one.
Source? Fujino only said that the demo contained part of the CGs. He did not mention anywhere that it had most of the CGs.

Jul 29, 2023
I distinctly remember translating Fujino's opening developer note that most people had already seen the CGs in the demo/epilogue, not that it contained new CGs for Part 2. Fujino also said there would be an explanation for the new systems and maps in the full release of Part 2. There will definitely be less content than if he didn't have to move, but it should mostly be new content.

MeepMoop123

Nov 1, 2017
Source? Fujino only said that the demo contained part of the CGs. He did not mention anywhere that it had most of the CGs.
It's just better to assume that there will be no new scenes so that every scene that will be in the first update is a pleasant surprise rather than a dissapontment when there aren't any.

Both of them are assumptions anyways so i'll pick the one that seems saver, tho you can go with either one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Animefan_09
4.20 star(s) 83 Votes