4.20 star(s) 84 Votes

Misarmor

Large member
Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Honestly, I wouldn't be mad at the dev if he switched to a bi-monthly schedule, more content to play in one go, he saves on beta-testing time, and better peace of mind as a whole when it comes to meeting deadlines...

Reactions: MikeOG

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
God dam it, the dev did it again.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The only good things this update had was we got to see what happened to Asuna at the tree battle and the way you can now skip the text buildup in replay scenes. Yes you get to see what happens at the Karoke and when Asuna is cooking but it's just pre build up, no scenes. The dream scene was nice but too short.

Side not I used the Chinese version to get past the bugs then copy the save over to the English version.

I enjoy the direction of the story for Asuna and Liz but for Suguha and Alice that is not for me. Also annoying how you know what happens to Asuna but you have to wait an update or three to actually see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyTommy

Zytoxx

Jan 8, 2019
I do genuinely hope he bundles together all these updates into one game at some point xD, Not a massive fan of playing through 3 separate files to play the same game. I really dig the art and animation but that bit is kinda aids, that and fujino seems to be a bit too worrisome about stressing his releases instead of pacing himself.
Obviously the split files allows him to focus solely on creating new content but I can't imagine this chaos is great for newcomers having to go through 3-5 versions of the game to get a full playthrough.

Dude's SAO NTR + animation is too good to be wasted on burnout and chaotic game files from constant releases, like this christmas day release which he honestly shoulda just chilled on and taken his time on. Cuz honestly, I'd rather he just take his time and milk this for the long run with more content + a non-hospitalised dev xD

Last edited:

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I do genuinely hope he bundles together all these updates into one game at some point xD, Not a massive fan of playing through 3 separate files to play the same game. I really dig the art and animation but that bit is kinda aids, that and fujino seems to be a bit too worrisome about stressing his releases instead of pacing himself.
Obviously the split files allows him to focus solely on creating new content but I can't imagine this situation is great for newcomers having to go through 3-5 versions of the game to get a full playthrough.
We would all love to have one complete edition of the game when it done. But the reason he split the game into Parts was because the game was getting so big with so much animations that the lag and game crashes was becoming too frequent. You know how badly the game runs right now, imagine it needing more CPU and memory to run. Not too many people have that computer specs. Having to split the game was a necessary compromise.

Zytoxx

Jan 8, 2019
We would all love to have one complete edition of the game when it done. But the reason he split the game into Parts was because the game was getting so big with so much animations that the lag and game crashes was becoming too frequent. You know how badly the game runs right now, imagine it needing more CPU and memory to run. Not too many people have that computer specs. Having to split the game was a necessary compromise.
Ah, I can understand that then. He could try to bundle the previous versions into something more managable/complete though and keep the current update style for stability of new content. Cuz I mean how many games versions are we up in now that you have to go through, in order for a complete playthrough as a newcomer, 4-5 if not more?

Fujino seems to be going for a bit more bulky of a game with SAO considering how much animation and content is already there this time around anyways, so a more complete newcomer experience might be good for his patreon growth :S

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 84 Votes