4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

4-kun

Formerly '4ung-4ang'
Oct 14, 2018
Gods, now I'm gonna be afraid of tomorrow's possible report wondering if he will say something like that or not. Poor Fujino...
We should chill and see what's coming. He's been a dev for quite some time, so I hope he's mature enough to take some criticism. Maybe we are worrying too much, and he just shrugs it all off anyway. :giggle:

He not making vanilla gemes, but NTR, which requries to be emotionaly stable and flexible. I bet, he can take it.

Last edited:

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Is basically down to how people wants to perceive or exaggerate things, really, and/or how they define the 'Harem' genre in anime. Are there several girls who like Kirito? Yes, but all of them respect his and Asuna's relationship even if for a couple of them it broke their hearts when they had to admit it, and despite liking him they still mostly treat him as just a friend aside from some 'slip-ups' here and there (Which to be fair are almost nonexistent in Canon and only really happen often in the SAO Gameverse AU of the console games), while Kirito firmly treats them as friends/family.

Something like TLR can be more easily called a Harem because the MC is for all intents and purposes not in a relationship and he HAS shown some degree of mutual attraction to several of the girls that are into him, even if nothing ever comes out of it for real.

'True' Harems are super rare, but they do indeed exist, they're just so niche compared to the second (The most cliche) situation that all of them usually get labeled the same (For example, DxD is a true harem, Issei is not only actively aiming for one, he manages to get all the girls and legit marry and have children with them. Testament of Sister New Devil is another one, though that one has their novels become literal Hentai by the end of it as the MC gets to fuck and impregnate his whole harem onscreen by the end of it).
Don't forget the OG true harem, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki (OVA Timeline). He marries all the girls.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Don't forget the OG true harem, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki (OVA Timeline). He marries all the girls.
I vaguely knew of it but never watched it, hence why it slipped my mind, but yeah XD

Dev, just make game with ur own vision and concentrate on it.
You gotta go to his Patreon/Ci-En if you wanna tell him that my dude, he most certainly doesn't read anything in here :3

People speculating on what's going to be in next update when Fujino already announced what content will be in...
the same people will be seething and disappointed when the update release...
vicious circle.
*Insert Thanos¡ Reality-is-often-disappointing-meme here*

Reactions: pnkrel and Zireael

Zairus

May 25, 2017
Have noticed, that since part 2 Fujino started to pay a lot of attention to what people saying and adjusting, modifying stuff acording to that, all the voting and stuff means he have no full script on hand and don't no how story will go, and i think for developer it's a bad thing, trying to please everybody will never work, it basically just put a lot of stress on him and in the end he will lose interest and motivation. He should do things how he intended to do it from the start.

bobjones9792

May 27, 2017
That's because there is no one definition of what a harem is, other than a man having many women. But the relationships with those women were different depending on culture, religion, etc. Not all harems served the purpose of serving the man; sometimes women entered a harem for political reasons, as hostages of defeated enemies, or even alliances to prevent rebellions.
If the harem master isn't fucking the wo/men in their harem, then its not a harem. Anime usually labels any suggestive relationship with multiple women or men a harem, but in reality the vast majority of them outside hentai are closer to indecisive friendships where the friend-zoned members of the harem would rather NOT be just friends. Of course because the authors want to make things spicy and keep viewer interest, they keep throwing in sexually suggestive situations to tempt the harem master, but they are too cowardly to have the harem master actually go all the way, even with the option of censoring or black screening the actual acts.

I honestly despise most harem anime because of this cowardice. Imagine how much more complicated and dramatic a real harem could be, instead of a pretend one.

4-kun

Formerly '4ung-4ang'
Oct 14, 2018
If the harem master isn't fucking the wo/men in their harem, then its not a harem. Anime usually labels any suggestive relationship with multiple women or men a harem, but in reality the vast majority of them outside hentai are closer to indecisive friendships where the friend-zoned members of the harem would rather NOT be just friends. Of course because the authors want to make things spicy and keep viewer interest, they keep throwing in sexually suggestive situations to tempt the harem master, but they are too cowardly to have the harem master actually go all the way, even with the option of censoring or black screening the actual acts.

I honestly despise most harem anime because of this cowardice. Imagine how much more complicated and dramatic a real harem could be, instead of a pretend one.
Nah, I don't like it. Even irl, it's such a pain in the ass. There will always be someone disappointed, neglected, or having a freaking cramp. :)))

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Nah, I don't like it. Even irl, it's such a pain in the ass. There will always be someone disappointed, neglected, or having a freaking cramp. :)))
That's probably why Actual-Harem-Series more often than not go off wish-fulfillment settings, where magic or similar things are involved and everyone is happy and okay with it, nobody really WANTS to read/watch a realistic harem with realistic IRL issues, there is a reason why it's more common in Hentai than in normal manga/anime after all XD

Though hilariously I find SAO's writing actually becomes a lot better and funnier when it embraces that aspect more, like the Gameverse AU does, like, the rest of the girls actually get more and more balanced relevance/screentime in it rather than feeling like they're just hanging around watching KiriSuna be a perfect couple between one crisis and the next like Canon does :p

Reactions: 4-kun

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
I wasn't going to play this update, but due to the controversies I decided I had to see what's up. IMO the Kirito rape scene is a one time use and it's wasted in this update. I think it should be saved for when he's gone insane over his fears of InodaxAsuna, so he ends up raping her. This then would become the final push for Asuna from loving Kirito to Inoda. I don't mean that it's the final corruption just that she now would favor Inoda. If you use the in game stats, it would be like now Inoda at 60% and Kirito at 40% or something.

All the other stuff people are complaining about is kinda whatever to me. We knew part 2 was going to be a slow start for InodaxAsuna and Fujino surely doesn't want to have empty days until it starts up again so I think it's fine establishing other characters to fill in the gap. I mean it's only been a week and half since the stormy night...

Reactions: pnkrel

ryuga_roxas

Jul 27, 2020
1707075986626.png

My game keeps freezing at this part. This is the part Charlie asked Kirito to bring drinks to Box 1 and see a Couple in there . How can I fix it

Goriel

Aug 8, 2022
yeah, i'm pretty sure due to the auto walk after talking to charlie you are forced to talk to him from the bottom.

Lemon-2002

Jan 26, 2024
Have noticed, that since part 2 Fujino started to pay a lot of attention to what people saying and adjusting, modifying stuff acording to that, all the voting and stuff means he have no full script on hand and don't no how story will go, and i think for developer it's a bad thing, trying to please everybody will never work, it basically just put a lot of stress on him and in the end he will lose interest and motivation. He should do things how he intended to do it from the start.
Yeah like "fuck em comments" and do what he envisioned when he started the first game. Everyone in this forum has their own fetish so its just hit or miss. There will always be complain from people whose fetishes didnt satisfy by the work.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Yeah like "fuck em comments" and do what he envisioned when he started the first game. Everyone in this forum has their own fetish so its just hit or miss. There will always be complain from people whose fetishes didnt satisfy by the work.
That comment was mostly aimed at the people complaining in his Patreon/Ci-En pages because Fujino himself either has no idea or if he knows never checks this forum, for obvious reasons XD Also, the issue is that a lot of shit happened in his life between Part 1 and Part 2 which is probably why his attitude towards people's demands changed so much too...

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes