4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
so Fujino changed his plans for Thursday, and sped things up. Many people upset that the scene in Thursday's preview turned out to be another dream. (and Inoda's dream, which is pretty questionable for NTR.)
In personal messages I wrote fujino about ideas how to push the plot and wrote about concentrating the action on FOG more than on the real, as it is much easier to push the action under the pretext that it is a game and not real.
There was a little more text, but Fujino ended up thanking me for the ideas.

I'll see what happens next.
it is good that you tell him not to be overwhelmed by the amount of hate or complaints he receives and to continue with the plan he has already drawn up, perhaps with some modifications.

renjen

Apr 26, 2020
Do yall think if Fujino just focused on finishing the Asuna/Inoda main story and then went back to fill in all the side-character scenes that he wanted to do, people would be more accepting of all the side content?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Do yall think if Fujino just focused on finishing the Asuna/Inoda main story and then went back to fill in all the side-character scenes that he wanted to do, people would be more accepting of all the side content?
Maybe so, but the issue is that he either wouldn't have the motivation at that point or it would probably feel too shoehorned for him.

Something I mentioned briefly is that I think Fujino isn't used to people responding like this (Aside from how bad he was after his situation having to move from China to continue making his games) because he had never actually DEALT with something like this.

Like, for example, let's look at his Fate games, putting aside the Nero one he abandoned: The 'Scathach Chapter' one was relatively successful up to the end without big things...however, something a lot don't really bring up, is that then we got "Sakura Chapter" which was its direct sequel despite completely shifting the focus of the main characters and the NTR. Like, literally, the main NTR characters from the first game became secondary characters that only appeared as background/phone moments and the focus of it all shifted completely to a character that had only barely been introduced in 'Chapter 1'...yet I'm pretty sure in general almost nobody complained and Sakura Chapter ended up being a massive success, more so than its first chapter actually.

Now then, imagine what would have happened if after the 'Rainy Night', Fujino had announced SAO Part 2 was "Suguha chapter", Asuna being NTR-ed by Inoda was now set in stone but became a background thing and now all the focus had been shifted to Suguha's plot with Hebishima. How much of a shitstorm do you think people's reactions would have been like, people shitting on Fujino, and countless outright unsubscribing from his paid sites XD?

This is what I think is a key thing, Fujino did NOT expect his SAO game to become so popular because he had never dealt with the amount of interest he got from doing an SAO game compared to when he did his previous Fate games and so mistakenly believed he could do several sub-plots and focuses at his pace because he had previous dealt with a whole-ass complete change in main heroine and focus for his game and got positive results, not getting one thing: In a weird parallel to the fans of actual SAO, the people who wants SAO NTR doesn't give a shit about the other girls, all they want is to see Asuna getting NTR-ed by the ugly bastard of turn above all else, and consider everything else unnecessary (Something I find very sigh-worthy as one of the few people that doesn't care that much about Asuna nowadays, be it in main SAO or Hentai).

This is I believe one of the main reasons the development of Part 2 has been so accidented and had him going back and forth with his decisions, he just never expected such overwhelming and negative reactions to things he had done in the past to different degrees, and this combined with his quite brutal personal issues ended up making him be all over the place with the main plot thanks to trying to balance his own view with what everyone else wanted, and also the issues caused by listening to the honestly inefficient (Because he didn't bother locking them down to one vote per Google Account) polls he has been making lately too.

4-kun

Formerly '4ung-4ang'
Oct 14, 2018
From a coding perspective, it's an insane thing to do. Going back to finished code and implementing new subplots, there is no way someone would do that; the amount of work and the huge risk of introducing new bugs would be way too high.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Maybe so, but the issue is that he either wouldn't have the motivation at that point or it would probably feel too shoehorned for him.

Something I mentioned briefly is that I think Fujino isn't used to people responding like this (Aside from how bad he was after his situation having to move from China to continue making his games) because he had never actually DEALT with something like this.

Like, for example, let's look at his Fate games, putting aside the Nero one he abandoned: The 'Scathach Chapter' one was relatively successful up to the end without big things...however, something a lot don't really bring up, is that then we got "Sakura Chapter" which was its direct sequel despite completely shifting the focus of the main characters and the NTR. Like, literally, the main NTR characters from the first game became secondary characters that only appeared as background/phone moments and the focus of it all shifted completely to a character that had only barely been introduced in 'Chapter 1'...yet I'm pretty sure in general almost nobody complained and Sakura Chapter ended up being a massive success, more so than its first chapter actually.

Now then, imagine what would have happened if after the 'Rainy Night', Fujino had announced SAO Part 2 was "Suguha chapter", Asuna being NTR-ed by Inoda was now set in stone but became a background thing and now all the focus had been shifted to Suguha's plot with Hebishima. How much of a shitstorm do you think people's reactions would have been like, people shitting on Fujino, and countless outright unsubscribing from his paid sites XD?

This is what I think is a key thing, Fujino did NOT expect his SAO game to become so popular because he had never dealt with the amount of interest he got from doing an SAO game compared to when he did his previous Fate games and so mistakenly believed he could do several sub-plots and focuses at his pace because he had previous dealt with a whole-ass complete change in main heroine and focus for his game and got positive results, not getting one thing: In a weird parallel to the fans of actual SAO, the people who wants SAO NTR doesn't give a shit about the other girls, all they want is to see Asuna getting NTR-ed by the ugly bastard of turn above all else, and consider everything else unnecessary (Something I find very sigh-worthy as one of the few people that doesn't care that much about Asuna nowadays, be it in main SAO or Hentai).

This is I believe one of the main reasons the development of Part 2 has been so accidented and had him going back and forth with his decisions, he just never expected such overwhelming and negative reactions to things he had done in the past to different degrees, and this combined with his quite brutal personal issues ended up making him be all over the place with the main plot thanks to trying to balance his own view with what everyone else wanted, and also the issues caused by listening to the honestly inefficient (Because he didn't bother locking them down to one vote per Google Account) polls he has been making lately too.
Yea, I have to agree. I think he just is not used to all the comments of people trying to push the development towards their own fetishes. I think he is getting overwhelmed and getting that mentality of trying to please everybody. I think when he is left to do the story the way he wants he does amazing NTR. But its been a bit all over the place since this game popped off after part1.

I know people want to see AsunaxInoda progress and get mad when side characters take up too much of an update. But thats only a problem during development. Issues like that should not be worried about too much, as you need to think about the pacing for the completed game, not the monthly updates. The side characters are what allows a rpgm style game to be enjoyable to play. It gives the game depth with scenes you discover while doing the main storyline. You get side characters so the game has constant sex scenes but allows the main girl to have a slower corruption path. But a lot of people dont think about the completed game, and just complain about wanting their specific fetish now. And I hope Fujino gets to a point where he can see that its better in the long run to do things the way he did before.

Im still enjoy part2, but its definitely moved to a direction im personally not liking as much. And the shifts in direction always come after a big round of hate comments, and his response to "correct" the game.

And I really hate this stuff with incorporating the recollection room into the actual story. But I dont see that as somthing people demanded of him and more something he just wanted to try for this game, is what it is.

killerjeb

Not Real Killer
Donor
Aug 9, 2018
I like a lot about side characters, I even want to see more interaction between Alice and Klein, must be fun.

4-kun

Formerly '4ung-4ang'
Oct 14, 2018
Yea, I have to agree. I think he just is not used to all the comments of people trying to push the development towards their own fetishes. I think he is getting overwhelmed and getting that mentality of trying to please everybody. I think when he is left to do the story the way he wants he does amazing NTR. But its been a bit all over the place since this game popped off after part1.

I know people want to see AsunaxInoda progress and get mad when side characters take up too much of an update. But thats only a problem during development. Issues like that should not be worried about too much, as you need to think about the pacing for the completed game, not the monthly updates. The side characters are what allows a rpgm style game to be enjoyable to play. It gives the game depth with scenes you discover while doing the main storyline. You get side characters so the game has constant sex scenes but allows the main girl to have a slower corruption path. But a lot of people dont think about the completed game, and just complain about wanting their specific fetish now. And I hope Fujino gets to a point where he can see that its better in the long run to do things the way he did before.

Im still enjoy part2, but its definitely moved to a direction im personally not liking as much. And the shifts in direction always come after a big round of hate comments, and his response to "correct" the game.

And I really hate this stuff with incorporating the recollection room into the actual story. But I dont see that as somthing people demanded of him and more something he just wanted to try for this game, is what it is.
I agree on your point, not overseeng the whole picture.

As someone who started playing part 2 at the previous update, I didn't have a feeling that the main story was neglected at all. Even if the main focus of a day was a side character, there was always progression of the main story around that, from my perspective even a bit too much at times, there is enough build up now to progress the main story imho.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
True, it helps me more easily digest ntr if mc spends time with other girls when he is cucked, even if those girls are also sluts for everyone but mc. I like the mc having positive interactions with other female characters, not necessarily sexy in nature, and also for mc to have postive and romantic interactions with the gf when they spend time together. Maybe thats just me.
I like having characters in the same world interact with each since that is what is suppose to happen. Like I know Hebishima does not interact with Asuna because Asuna is for Inoda's use only and no more sausages should enter her factory. But they are neighbors so them not meeting is so weird.

Plus Kirito is canon main character. Having him interact with the women who should want his short sword but don't anymore is sad in a funny way.

Rubyrosesilver22

Aug 15, 2022
Makes me worried what Fujino could count as "unnecessary contents many people dislike", because all the people whining care exclusively about more Inoda and Asuna so that could mean reducing literally everything else, which would honestly suck after the quite original and interesting development with Suguha in the previous update. Just hope Fujino isn't forcing himself to do just what others want...
Maybe not suguha probably sinoh or Asuna mom

Reactions: RuinedManLife

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Maybe not suguha probably sinoh or Asuna mom
Whether you like her or not, Asuna's mom is essential to Asuna's story so she won't be getting less screentime.
This is another 'issue', really, at this point he has advanced enough in every storyline that except for Alice all the characters have become basically key for their specific plots going forward, and Alice's is ironically the one that needs the most screentime because it's the least developed one in terms of NTR-H-Game (It was nothing but empty build-up literally until this last update where we knew that out of nowhere Alice had actually already fallen in the clutches of the sex criminals thanks to a convenient Mind Control device). And as we commented before, Fujino can't simply just retroactively remove a whole storyline at this stage not only because it would affect the plot but because it could cause a lot of bugs, so in the end no matter what he decides to reduce, the other plots are gonna suffer from it.

At this point sadly I think the only real 'good' option Fujino has is to rush the Asuna/Inoda thing and finally have them start fucking again, the number of people who feel is rushed will undoubtedly be less than the ones glad that Asuna is finally fully NTR-ed and would reduce the complaints, especially if it guaranteed that no matter which plot was running in an update Asuna would always be getting fucked by Inoda in the background while Kirito does/deals with something else. Mind you, I know a lot of people here wouldn't be happy with things getting rushed, but Fujino has basically written himself into a corner trying to please everyone so unless he suddenly starts ignoring what everyone says/wants (Which is sadly unlikely at this stage), this would be his best bet going forward most likely...

Rubyrosesilver22

Aug 15, 2022
This is another 'issue', really, at this point he has advanced enough in every storyline that except for Alice all the characters have become basically key for their specific plots going forward, and Alice's is ironically the one that needs the most screentime because it's the least developed one in terms of NTR-H-Game (It was nothing but empty build-up literally until this last update where we knew that out of nowhere Alice had actually already fallen in the clutches of the sex criminals thanks to a convenient Mind Control device). And as we commented before, Fujino can't simply just retroactively remove a whole storyline at this stage not only because it would affect the plot but because it could cause a lot of bugs, so in the end no matter what he decides to reduce, the other plots are gonna suffer from it.

At this point sadly I think the only real 'good' option Fujino has is to rush the Asuna/Inoda thing and finally have them start fucking again, the number of people who feel is rushed will undoubtedly be less than the ones glad that Asuna is finally fully NTR-ed and would reduce the complaints, especially if it guaranteed that no matter which plot was running in an update Asuna would always be getting fucked by Inoda in the background while Kirito does/deals with something else. Mind you, I know a lot of people here wouldn't be happy with things getting rushed, but Fujino has basically written himself into a corner trying to please everyone so unless he suddenly starts ignoring what everyone says/wants (Which is sadly unlikely at this stage), this would be his best bet going forward most likely...
It probably would have been better to make the othe NtR events into side quests as soon we made progress on Asuna and inoda we could have the option to do the NTR side quest but it’s too late at this you know i kinda miss the random NTR events seeing women cheating on someone I kinda hope to see Charlie finding out his girlfriend cheated on him with the fat manager like close to the ending of the game where Charlie finds out that he has been NTR kirito in a side quest finds out why and when it happened then he finds video journals of the manager and Charlie girlfriend that showed the hold story but now if someone asked fujino to removed it because they thought it was boring they are messed up

4-kun

Formerly '4ung-4ang'
Oct 14, 2018
It probably would have been better to make the othe NtR events into side quests as soon we made progress on Asuna and inoda we could have the option to do the NTR side quest but it’s too late at this you know i kinda miss the random NTR events seeing women cheating on someone I kinda hope to see Charlie finding out his girlfriend cheated on him with the fat manager like close to the ending of the game where Charlie finds out that he has been NTR kirito in a side quest finds out why and when it happened then he finds video journals of the manager and Charlie girlfriend that showed the hold story but now if someone asked fujino to removed it because they thought it was boring they are messed up
Sure, you could have thought of a workaround, but such things need to be considered before the actual development process. Fujino had a plan for how he wanted to proceed with the development, and how could he have known that it would end in such demanding complaints? Now it's too late to change things that have already been implemented; all he can do is cut some of the planned content. Even that could be a challenge, as every event takes place live in-game and proceeds in real-time, and time is intricately tied to the story. So, he will probably need to adjust his plan by a fair bit. That is only one aspect to consider among others.

Rubyrosesilver22

Aug 15, 2022
Sure, you could have thought of a workaround, but such things need to be considered before the actual development process. Fujino had a plan for how he wanted to proceed with the development, and how could he have known that it would end in such demanding complaints? Now it's too late to change things that have already been implemented; all he can do is cut some of the planned content. Even that could be a challenge, as every event takes place live in-game and proceeds in real-time, and time is intricately tied to the story. So, he will probably need to adjust his plan by a fair bit. That is only one aspect to considerg among others.
Yeah I just hope if he ever makes another NTR game I don’t mind he adds more NTR stories but he should consider making them side quests so it be easy to do stuff he wants and after we do plot main plot we can do the side quests

Last edited:

4-kun

Formerly '4ung-4ang'
Oct 14, 2018
Yeah I just hope if he ever makes another NTR game I don’t mind he adds more NTR stories but he should consider making them side quests so it be easy to do stuff he wants and after we do plot main plot we can do the side quests
If Fujino wants to revert to simple storytelling, where the side characters essentially have nothing to do with the main plot, he could consider adding some placeholders to implement side quests later. However, it seems to me that he's trying to improve his skills in storytelling and is aiming for more complex games. You also need to consider, that the game might feel empty with only main plot.

I guess, we'll see.

albakr0ss

Sep 2, 2020
The only real problem with the side quests is that it's being developed alongside the main story. I can guarantee ya'll that if he released the full game as he intended without listening to any comment from anyone then there would be no complaint whatsoever. Less side quests in favor of advancing the main story rapidly is only going to lower the overall quality of the game once its finished. There's never going to be a case of "the main quest is done, time to do all the side quests retroactively" no, that's not going to happen. So all we're going to get now is a slow start, an abrupt change of pace to fast forward to the progress, and a less fulfilling game overall. Congrats guys, we played ourselves.

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes