4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

korewa

Jan 9, 2018
Out of curiosity, why do you hate Kirito? I'm asking because I can understand someone hating villains, like Griffith from Berserk, even though it's not like hate but rather a dislike for a hatable character, which is positive for the story. But why do people hate main characters?

Hate is a strong word, but wishing someone to experience NTR leans more towards this than just dislike :)
Here are some points why people do not like Kirito. Asuna started off as a strong character but slowly became an accessory to Kirito. Kirito in turn has lots of plot armor, neglects his other relationships, solely focus on gaming at many times
  1. Co-Dependency and Overreliance:
    • Issue: Throughout their journey in the virtual world, Kirito and Asuna become deeply co-dependent on each other. .
    • Discussion: While this level of devotion can be seen as romantic, some fans find it excessive and potentially unhealthy. The intensity of their emotional reliance might make them appear less independent as characters.
  2. Lack of Conflict in the Anime Adaptation:
    • Issue: The anime adaptation of Sword Art Online doesn’t fully explore certain nuances of Kirito and Asuna’s relationship that are present in the light novels.
    • Discussion: In the light novels, Kirito and Asuna argue more frequently, especially during their early interactions. These disagreements add depth to their dynamic and show that their relationship isn’t always smooth sailing. The anime’s omission of these moments might lead some fans to perceive their bond as overly idealized.
  3. Origins of Kirito’s “Beater” Nickname:
    • Issue: When Kirito declared himself a “Beater” (a beta tester and cheater) early in the game, it caused others to dislike him. Asuna was the only one who understood his true motivation behind this declaration.
    • Discussion: Some fans might feel that Kirito’s initial arrogance and secrecy about his beta testing status made him less likable. Asuna’s understanding softened this perception, but not everyone appreciates the backstory. in other words, its cringe.
  4. Asuna’s Cooking and Kirito’s Influence:
    • Issue: Asuna’s love for cooking in the game stems from a moment when Kirito shared cream with her during their early days trapped in Sword Art Online.
    • Discussion: While this is a sweet origin story, some fans argue that it reinforces traditional gender roles. Asuna’s culinary skills become a significant part of her character, and it’s tied to her interactions with Kirito.a huge contrast to her initial start as a solo player and climbing the ranks of the best guild.

In all i think most people think Asuna can do better, self inserting themselves into the role. Ugly bastard may be ugly but he is more of an excessive caricature of self inserting enjoyers of NTR. Another point is that the ugly bastard trope really adds contrast to Kirito, see also the old man trope Nishida.

4ung-4ang

Oct 14, 2018
I intentionally used "don't like" and not hate. I also don't "wish" for him to be cucked, it's just fun to watch because he is such a male Mary Sue in the original story.

But for example seeing Rock from Black Lagoon getting NTR'ed would just feel bad. He is a likeable character with flaws and weaknesses that still tries his best. He is much easier to sympathize with (unlike Kirito).
Hmm, okay, I understand your point to some extent, I guess ^^

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Here are some points why people do not like Kirito. Asuna started off as a strong character but slowly became an accessory to Kirito. Kirito in turn has lots of plot armor, neglects his other relationships, solely focus on gaming at many times
    • Issue: Throughout their journey in the virtual world, Kirito and Asuna become deeply co-dependent on each other. .
    • Discussion: While this level of devotion can be seen as romantic, some fans find it excessive and potentially unhealthy. The intensity of their emotional reliance might make them appear less independent as characters.
    • Issue: The anime adaptation of Sword Art Online doesn’t fully explore certain nuances of Kirito and Asuna’s relationship that are present in the light novels.
    • Discussion: In the light novels, Kirito and Asuna argue more frequently, especially during their early interactions. These disagreements add depth to their dynamic and show that their relationship isn’t always smooth sailing. The anime’s omission of these moments might lead some fans to perceive their bond as overly idealized.
    • Issue: When Kirito declared himself a “Beater” (a beta tester and cheater) early in the game, it caused others to dislike him. Asuna was the only one who understood his true motivation behind this declaration.
    • Discussion: Some fans might feel that Kirito’s initial arrogance and secrecy about his beta testing status made him less likable. Asuna’s understanding softened this perception, but not everyone appreciates the backstory. in other words, its cringe.
    • Issue: Asuna’s love for cooking in the game stems from a moment when Kirito shared cream with her during their early days trapped in Sword Art Online.
    • Discussion: While this is a sweet origin story, some fans argue that it reinforces traditional gender roles. Asuna’s culinary skills become a significant part of her character, and it’s tied to her interactions with Kirito.a huge contrast to her initial start as a solo player and climbing the ranks of the best guild.

In all i think most people think Asuna can do better, self inserting themselves into the role. Ugly bastard may be ugly but he is more of an excessive caricature of self inserting enjoyers of NTR. Another point is that the ugly bastard trope really adds contrast to Kirito, see also the old man trope Nishida.
I wanna applaud you, this is one of the most nuanced and fair analysis of the reasons why people would dislike Kirito without going into pointless Kirito hate that I have seen, and the fact that I'm seeing it on the thread for a SAO NTR game is truly something else XD Also liked how it acknowledges that a lot of the issues for SAO come from the anime adaptation skipping or shifting things from the novels, but I would also like to point out a lot of it is also due to misunderstandings, like, for all that people says Kirito has "a lot of plot armor", this actually only really can be applied as people sees it to one instance, when he fought against the system deleting his character out of willpower for a few seconds enough to finish off Heathcliff with Asuna's sword. Every single other instance of Kirito's "Plot Armor" afterwards was, ironically, people helping him during crucial fights, which actually puts a fun spin on people calling him "Too OP" when saying bad things about him or SAO, because it just highlights that Kirito literally hasn't won a single major fight in the whole series without somebody else needing to help him XP Without Leafa and the Fairy Lords he never would have gotten past the world tree's guardians, without Heathcliff he wouldn't have been able to do shit to Oberon because he was a Game Master, without Sinon his ass would have been owned by Death Gun because the other guy's killing instinct was much sharper, without Eugeo he literally would have lost every single major fight in Alicization, hell, Eugeo's ghost literally has to save his ass during the big finale of the arc (Which originally was the series' final battle too), and that was when he literally had the power to bend Virtual Reality to his will, because his enemy was just THAT much more bullshit than him anyway :p

Also, the thing about "gender roles" may be because SAO was originally written in 2002 (The original Web Novel before it was adapted as a LN), which is also something many don't know, the series is legit a whole decade older than when its anime first aired so a lot of sensitivities and worldviews had changed a lot by then.

I fully agree with you about Kirito neglecting his other relationships, btw, it's a direct result of how the series was originally written but also something I always disliked, which is why I preferred the recently-finished Gameverse AU way more as it fixed that by ironically embracing some aspects of the series that most Haters always blamed Canon wrongly of having XD

4ung-4ang

Oct 14, 2018

Wow, people go crazy like that?

I mean, 2 and 3 are just really nitpicking, no?

4, yeah, it's valid, but isn't like 99% of anime that way?

1, Well, I guess it's a reasonable argument, but it conflicts with the Mary Sue narrative.

Interesting, thanks anyway.

korewa

Jan 9, 2018
I wanna applaud you, this is one of the most nuanced and fair analysis of the reasons why people would dislike Kirito without going into pointless Kirito hate that I have seen, and the fact that I'm seeing it on the thread for a SAO NTR game is truly something else XD Also liked how it acknowledges that a lot of the issues for SAO come from the anime adaptation skipping or shifting things from the novels, but I would also like to point out a lot of it is also due to misunderstandings, like, for all that people says Kirito has "a lot of plot armor", this actually only really can be applied as people sees it to one instance, when he fought against the system deleting his character out of willpower for a few seconds enough to finish off Heathcliff with Asuna's sword. Every single other instance of Kirito's "Plot Armor" afterwards was, ironically, people helping him during crucial fights, which actually puts a fun spin on people calling him "Too OP" when saying bad things about him or SAO, because it just highlights that Kirito literally hasn't won a single major fight in the whole series without somebody else needing to help him XP Without Leafa and the Fairy Lords he never would have gotten past the world tree's guardians, without Heathcliff he wouldn't have been able to do shit to Oberon because he was a Game Master, without Sinon his ass would have been owned by Death Gun because the other guy's killing instinct was much sharper, without Eugeo he literally would have lost every single major fight in Alicization, hell, Eugeo's ghost literally has to save his ass during the big finale of the arc (Which originally was the series' final battle too), and that was when he literally had the power to bend Virtual Reality to his will, because his enemy was just THAT much more bullshit than him anyway :p

Also, the thing about "gender roles" may be because SAO was originally written in 2002 (The original Web Novel before it was adapted as a LN), which is also something many don't know, the series is legit a whole decade older than when its anime first aired so a lot of sensitivities and worldviews had changed a lot by then.

I fully agree with you about Kirito neglecting his other relationships, btw, it's a direct result of how the series was originally written but also something I always disliked, which is why I preferred the recently-finished Gameverse AU way more as it fixed that by ironically embracing some aspects of the series that most Haters always blamed Canon wrongly of having XD
are the games good? i tried one long ago and its too grindy for me. also not enough fan service. are there nude mods?

• Haha
Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
well, most of the people who hate cuckito are people who have only seen the anime and haven't read his novel. There he presents you with what he is like. Clearly, the anime does not show him as much as Asuna, so if there are people here who are watching MUSHOKU TENSEI, I would ask them to read his novel. In my more than 25 years of watching anime and reading novels, I have not found one. isekai novel as complete as this
1708355986207.png

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
are the games good? i tried one long ago and its too grindy for me. also not enough fan service. are there nude mods?
LMAO, that's...not something I expected to read ever about he SAO games XD

I would say, it "depends", really? If you're looking for a game to play with nude mods there is probably a million better choices, because yeah, the games WERE very grindy, most of them at least, but the really good/fun thing they had were the plots and character interactions, they genuinely somehow turned embracing the 'Harem' aspect of SAO into actually better developing the whole cast by having they have way more interactions both with Kirito and everyone together as a group than Canon ever does (Where because of how the original story was written they always ended up sidelined after their stories/arcs were over in favor of KiriSuna). I remember talking with a friend years ago that the best way to describe it was that if Canon SAO felt like "KiriSuna and Extras" (Alicization aside), then the SAO Gameverse AU was more genuinely like "The Adventures of Kirito and Friends".

Fanservice-wise you may be a bit biased if you're thinking straight to nude mods and asking about it in a page for Hentai games, but compared with Canon SAO the Gameverse DOES indeed have like 10 times more fanservice, though giving it somehow doubled the size of Kirito's not-Harem by introducing like 2 new Gameverse-original Heroines per 'game arc', that probably wasn't too hard to do XP (Granted, the Fanservice was toned down a lot as the AU continued compared to the first couple of games too for the sake of better writing in general)

I wouldn't recommend the games themselves to anyone who isn't an SAO/Kirito fan, really, and even then I would recommend either using Cheats on the PC versions to not have to grind or just watch full playthroughs online because, as mentioned, the only good thing in them are the "alternative SAO story" and character events/interaction/growth, as games they will always not be particularly amazing :3

4ung-4ang

Oct 14, 2018
well, most of the people who hate cuckito are people who have only seen the anime and haven't read his novel. There he presents you with what he is like. Clearly, the anime does not show him as much as Asuna, so if there are people here who are watching MUSHOKU TENSEI, I would ask them to read his novel. In my more than 25 years of watching anime and reading novels, I have not found one. isekai novel as complete as this
View attachment 3391853
Ah, it's about that pedo who also cheats on his pregnant wife? I guess that would be someone who could be considered deserving to be NTRed :ROFLMAO:

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
SAO Part 2 v0.32 COMPRESS MOD

adding new scenes to the fight with the trent mokai , correcting the storm night in the pigeon hunt , now you can see everything , full screen mode incluide save collection room enjoy and share

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
I'm a little bummed out that it feels like Fujino had to rush things. But I still enjoyed it, so I can just live with whatever Fujino decides to do.

While there were things people could point out or complain in regards to the previous writing, I felt like Fujino was trying to build up to something a little more interesting I guess in terms of plot development. I don't know if Fujino still intends to write whatever story they were writing, but I thought there was some amusing potential in what was being set up. The Alice story line looks like it was going to be initially used to keep Kirito away from Asuna to still portray Kirito as a "good guy" instead of the asshole that this update portrays him as. This distance, due to working on an investigation similar to how he played GGO in the original series, would help further frustrate Asuna to make her even more easy pickings for Inoda. But it's looking like people are impatient and just want to see Asuna get banged instead, so I'm guessing the Alice plot line is just gonna overall get dropped.

It's mainly speculation from me, but I assumed the Alice plot line was going to coincide with everyone to justify certain conditions or scenarios to accomplish what Fujino wanted to do. I don't know if Fujino wanted to get rid of Hebishima, or decided to consider it due to the poll. But let's just say at the very least that Kirito's adventure with Alice would give him the attention of Alice, Sinon, and Suguha. Maybe he solves the problems in the underground world thus dealing with Hebishima, but overall ends up neglecting Asuna too much.

I don't know where he would have gone with this; but I felt like he was trying to connect everything together. Now I'm not so sure what exactly is going to happen. If Fujino wants to cut out Alice, I think that's acceptable and Fujino should just focus on Suguha's story as it seems to intertwine with the main story to help Inoda steal Asuna away.

Anyways, I enjoyed myself and I'm still looking forward to what they do.

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
SAO Part 2 v0.32 COMPRESS MOD

adding new scenes to the fight with the trent mokai , correcting the storm night in the pigeon hunt , now you can see everything , full screen mode incluide save collection room enjoy and share

Does that let you see the pc parts? Because opening that errors no matter which one I try to look at.

4ung-4ang

Oct 14, 2018
I don't know where he would have gone with this; but I felt like he was trying to connect everything together. Now I'm not so sure what exactly is going to happen. If Fujino wants to cut out Alice, I think that's acceptable and Fujino should just focus on Suguha's story as it seems to intertwine with the main story to help Inoda steal Asuna away.

Anyways, I enjoyed myself and I'm still looking forward to what they do.
It appears to me that the main story is pretty much done for Kirito. With him unable to see Asuna in real life, in FOG, she will be consistently fucked by Inoda. I expect that things will revert to how they were in Part 1. Kirito will likely engage in aimless activities. There will be a brief segment focusing on Liz's disappointment. Overall, I anticipate the plot progressing relatively linearly from now on, mainly focusing on Asuna x Inoda. In real life, Asuna will probably turn Inoda down for some time because of the Free-Fuck-FOG arrangement, until she's corrupted enough to do it irl.

I hope to be wrong, but I presume the sidestories will also go back to simple scenes like in Part 1.

Reactions: Toushiro

gaka200

Feb 14, 2023
It appears to me that the main story is pretty much done for Kirito. With him unable to see Asuna in real life, in FOG, she will be consistently fucked by Inoda. I expect that things will revert to how they were in Part 1. Kirito will likely engage in aimless activities. There will be a brief segment focusing on Liz's disappointment. Overall, I anticipate the plot progressing relatively linearly from now on, mainly focusing on Asuna x Inoda. In real life, Asuna will probably turn Inoda down for some time because of the Free-Fuck-FOG arrangement, until she's corrupted enough to do it irl.

I hope to be wrong, but I presume the sidestories will also go back to simple scenes like in Part 1.
This is part of where my disappointment comes from. The potential of including Alice and Suguha into the mix, could have made more spicy moments for Asuna and Inoda. Similar to the update we just had, it would be this weird bittersweet twist if like Kirito was fighting off a sex trafficking organization with Alice, but just like the tree-house scene, we have Asuna and Inoda on side just getting it on.

Or maybe Kirito catches Alice about to get corrupted, so it creates the ironic twisted scenario of him temporarily saving her only to further lose Asuna because his investment of time and energy is going elsewhere instead of realizing what's happening with his own relationship. The Suguha thing seems to relate to the Alice plot, so Kirito would have also bumped into Leafa to also "save" her, but ultimately set the stage for Suguha to mess with Kirito because from his perspective he'll lose everything by having sex with Suguha and then losing Asuna to Inoda.

The scenario also makes it look like Kirito is "cheating" in Asuna's eyes, but she's being deceived by Liz and Inoda who actually know that Kirito is doing some kind of secret investigation. If not that, then at the very least they know he's going out late to do things with Alice and that's enough for them to create a narrative to trick Asuna with.

But I guess instead of filling in the time with other activites, it's much faster to just have Kirito time skip at a job while Inoda goes and has his way with Asuna. The scenario with Alice, Suguha, and Sinon will force Fujino to create scenes, and dialogue for them. So yeah the overall development time and Asuna x Inoda time will take dramatically longer. I was hoping for that since I thought it would make it overall more spicy with a bigger payoff.

I'm bummed that I also think it'll go linear, but I still think Fujino is creative enough to make a lot of things exciting and interesting. Like even if the current update is rushed, I think this is Fujino's best battle related sex/harassment scene. The increase in libido having slightly different results with the normal mobs, to the intense amount of CGs playing alongside the events Kirito is doing vs. the images that happened in Part 1 in the Sewer and the Thief's hideout. There is improvement and a vision on how to make it interesting and exciting, so I wish Fujino all the best. I'll keep giving him my $10 over here to see what they'll do.

:D

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Just replayed latest update and man it really doesn't sit well with my story wise. The content in terms of fap material is fantastic and at the end of the day I think we all kind of expected to see this eventually given previous game. So I can kind of understand where a lot of people are coming from saying this is exactly what they wanted. I think that it really just doesn't feel deserved to me yet, like "I pity him so I'll cheat on my boyfriend with him" is weird for me. So is her mom sending her home immediately during their date and her first instinct is literally just "let me just check on Inoda real quick, and make sure he's okay with a hand job" is so odd. The cabin scene seems like it's supposed to be pinnacle of the build of a lot of scenes in game before it takes place. We literally got boob fondle, sucking, him eating her out, thigh job, full on sex, doing it in front of Kirito, getting caught but continuing anyway, literally doing it by the window as he fights for them. So much going on there that I think it'll just make the next scenes seem a little less rewarding.

Next update should focus apparently on Kirito being busy as hell (Kyoko requirements, Sugu story, Liz shenanigans) and Asuna apparently getting another "massage" from Inoda which given this update should pretty much just be sex through a curtain while Kirito is semi awake/asleep.
There was a whole build up "if it's inside FOG it doesn't really count" and she was under aphrodisiac effect. This FOG scene was long overdue tbh.

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes