4.20 star(s) 83 Votes

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
oh holy shit, i didnt even know all that happened. looks like i missed quite a bunch of her story while.. skipping her story. ok, if that actually happens, then that complete regression does sound weird, haha...
oh man, now im sad for the Suguha fans...
LMAO, I actually laughed out loud when I realized you had written that while having skipped all of her story, my sides XD Sad but not unexpected, practically nobody gives a shit about Sugu in the fandom both here and in Canon after all XP

This is a problem every harem series with a "main girl" have. Every girl will have her fans but whenever the main girl is there the main girl will get the most attention since she most likely has the most fans. Only when Asuna is not around will Sugu get the attention she deserves. Which is how Fujino dealt with Sugu. Make Asuna not available so Kirito spends time with Sugu.
The irony of this is not only SAO not really being a Harem series, but that despite how Canon SAO still suffers from this, the SAO AU of the console/PC videogames actually did WAY better on actually giving focus to the non-Asuna girls both plot-wise and development-wise, with Kirito and together as an actual group of friends (Which we hilariously see very little of in Canon SAO thanks to how over-focused the plot is). And the funniest shit is that they did this despite embracing the most 'hated' aspect of SAO more, like, we get almost twice as many girls that are into Kirito in it, and lots of actual scenes you would find in actual cliche Harem series that Canon SAO completely lacks, yet it actually ended up writing everyone much better and equally, is mad funny XD (Extra-so because of how many 'pure' SAO fans completely hate the AU because of the aforementioned 'issues')

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
The irony of this is not only SAO not really being a Harem series, but that despite how Canon SAO still suffers from this, the SAO AU of the console/PC videogames actually did WAY better on actually giving focus to the non-Asuna girls both plot-wise and development-wise, with Kirito and together as an actual group of friends (Which we hilariously see very little of in Canon SAO thanks to how over-focused the plot is). And the funniest shit is that they did this despite embracing the most 'hated' aspect of SAO more, like, we get almost twice as many girls that are into Kirito in it, and lots of actual scenes you would find in actual cliche Harem series that Canon SAO completely lacks, yet it actually ended up writing everyone much better and equally, is mad funny XD (Extra-so because of how many 'pure' SAO fans completely hate the AU because of the aforementioned 'issues')

The true irony is Reki Kawahara created a monster that made him so famous but he can't control it anymore. SAO was just a one volume standalone series. It only focus on Kirito and Asuna but as the series became so popular more characters and storyline was added. Even if Reki just wanted a love story between Asuna and Kirito the fans don't. Maybe more irony is Fujino is suffering from the same success. Their success made them change what they created to please the massive fanbase.

Games are a great way to flesh out the other characters since novels can only be so long before people start losing interests. With games you can make the girls' story optional so people can choose to play or ignore.

Reactions: AlterInfernalAllius

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
This is a problem every harem series with a "main girl" have. Every girl will have her fans but whenever the main girl is there the main girl will get the most attention since she most likely has the most fans. Only when Asuna is not around will Sugu get the attention she deserves. Which is how Fujino dealt with Sugu. Make Asuna not available so Kirito spends time with Sugu.
also funny thing as she adresses his brother that he only comes to her for food or when asuna is not available lol

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
LMAO, I actually laughed out loud when I realized you had written that while having skipped all of her story, my sides XD Sad but not unexpected, practically nobody gives a shit about Sugu in the fandom both here and in Canon after all XP

holy shit there are so many girls. i cant imagine how they all have their own screentime lol

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
The true irony is Reki Kawahara created a monster that made him so famous but he can't control it anymore. SAO was just a one volume standalone series. It only focus on Kirito and Asuna but as the series became so popular more characters and storyline was added. Even if Reki just wanted a love story between Asuna and Kirito the fans don't. Maybe more irony is Fujino is suffering from the same success. Their success made them change what they created to please the massive fanbase.

Games are a great way to flesh out the other characters since novels can only be so long before people start losing interests. With games you can make the girls' story optional so people can choose to play or ignore.
I mean, the irony si that no, they're not really optional, even ignoring that most of what I refer to is part of the actual main plot, all the side-events ARE Canon to the game's main story, and each of the games continued where the previous one left it at because it was a continuous AU (It recently finished and honestly I don't think whichever Canon ending Reki comes up with will be more satisfying than the SAO Gameverse's XD). So you COULD maybe just for some reason NOT do the side-events if you wanted (Which would be wasting money really as the main contents of these games WAS the story and character events given that as games themselves they weren't that amazing), but then you would be confused when things that happened in them got brought up later in the main story of future games or even the side-events of Asuna if you were a 'purist' that only did hers and skipped everything else (No joke, I knew a hardcore KiriSuna fan that wasted his money on the games doing this, ended up returning the second-to-last one after the Sinon DLC hit and had way too much KiriNon vibes to their liking LMAO). But that just made it more special honestly, like I said, the "Gameverse" AU really showed that if SAO hadn't been written as exclusively a KiriSuna story at first and then throwing plots at it to see what stuck it could have been way better (And extra-hilarious, despite the hate it receives, it's technically NOT really against KiriSuna either, because the AU 'branches off' during the end of the Aincrad Arc, the Kirito vs. Heahtcliff fight, so everything that happened before then both in SAO proper and IRL is still the same as Canon, and while the girls are a lot more blatant with their feelings thanks to spending a lot more time with Kirito than Canon would ever allow them, they still mostly respect KiriSuna's relationship, except for some chaotic exceptions that are more comedic than anything XP).

But yeah, Fujino sadly got too pressured by making something he didn't expect would get such a massive response and then halfway through it getting screwed over his own country (Fuck the Chinese government honestly). As mentioned, while some issues did arose, he didn't have any problems ignoring the people demanding things of him completely during Part 1, but after having to flee to Japan to continue his work he started caving it to what everyone wanted way too easily, for sadly obvious reasons, and resulted in the many problems we saw over the past months :(

holy shit there are so many girls. i cant imagine how they all have their own screentime lol
Funny thing? That's just the cover of THREE games, and the last one doesn't even show the 2 new heroines that 3rd game (Hollow Realization) introduced...and there 6 games in total, so you're still missing to see like 4 more new girls XD And yet, I kid you not, these games legit made a better job of getting you to care for the Canon cast than Canon ever did, hell, not only the anime but even the novels, as a reader of them I can guarantee that, you legit get to care and understand even the likes of Liz and Silica as more than the one-off jokes the anime makes them seem to be and the simplistic, nice, yet tragically sidelined characters they are even in the novels, to the point they legit get to feel as relevant as the Canon main heroines.

If there is any proof needed of that, just look at the special edition box art they had the official artist of the novels make for the final game (Last Recollection), where you get to see the SIX Goddesses of the Underworld instead of just the 3 from Canon :D

There is a reason why despite being an SAO fan I don't think it's the greatest series ever like some fanatics do, I admit it has its flaws but also that's nowhere near as bad as most Haters want to make people believe, which is why I fell in love and genuinely enjoyed this AU more than Canon, it gave me everything I wanted of the series and its characters, gave me some dumb silly fun that I would have never seen in Canon SAO, even gratuitous amounts of fanservice, and still managed to be a shockingly well-written story with a very satisfying ending and some moments that truly moved my heart. As a friend of mine once quoted, if Canon SAO feels like "KiriSuna and Friends: The Show", then the Gameverse is more like "The Adventures of Kirito and his Companions" in a very fun way :)

oozaru2023

Apr 10, 2023
I also agree with the above, there are many people who have a very limited mind when it comes to NTR stories, they need to expand more. Maybe many of Fujino's sponsors are due to their limited knowledge and most of them are from China or almost all of them. We have to expand the potential of the other characters, for example Suguha or Alice. but unfortunately those are limited that only focus on the idea of only INODA ASUNA and deception.

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
I mean, the irony si that no, they're not really optional, even ignoring that most of what I refer to is part of the actual main plot, all the side-events ARE Canon to the game's main story, and each of the games continued where the previous one left it at because it was a continuous AU (It recently finished and honestly I don't think whichever Canon ending Reki comes up with will be more satisfying than the SAO Gameverse's XD). So you COULD maybe just for some reason NOT do the side-events if you wanted (Which would be wasting money really as the main contents of these games WAS the story and character events given that as games themselves they weren't that amazing), but then you would be confused when things that happened in them got brought up later in the main story of future games or even the side-events of Asuna if you were a 'purist' that only did hers and skipped everything else (No joke, I knew a hardcore KiriSuna fan that wasted his money on the games doing this, ended up returning the second-to-last one after the Sinon DLC hit and had way too much KiriNon vibes to their liking LMAO). But that just made it more special honestly, like I said, the "Gameverse" AU really showed that if SAO hadn't been written as exclusively a KiriSuna story at first and then throwing plots at it to see what stuck it could have been way better (And extra-hilarious, despite the hate it receives, it's technically NOT really against KiriSuna either, because the AU 'branches off' during the end of the Aincrad Arc, the Kirito vs. Heahtcliff fight, so everything that happened before then both in SAO proper and IRL is still the same as Canon, and while the girls are a lot more blatant with their feelings thanks to spending a lot more time with Kirito than Canon would ever allow them, they still mostly respect KiriSuna's relationship, except for some chaotic exceptions that are more comedic than anything XP).

But yeah, Fujino sadly got too pressured by making something he didn't expect would get such a massive response and then halfway through it getting screwed over his own country (Fuck the Chinese government honestly). As mentioned, while some issues did arose, he didn't have any problems ignoring the people demanding things of him completely during Part 1, but after having to flee to Japan to continue his work he started caving it to what everyone wanted way too easily, for sadly obvious reasons, and resulted in the many problems we saw over the past months :(

Funny thing? That's just the cover of THREE games, and the last one doesn't even show the 2 new heroines that 3rd game (Hollow Realization) introduced...and there 6 games in total, so you're still missing to see like 4 more new girls XD And yet, I kid you not, these games legit made a better job of getting you to care for the Canon cast than Canon ever did, hell, not only the anime but even the novels, as a reader of them I can guarantee that, you legit get to care and understand even the likes of Liz and Silica as more than the one-off jokes the anime makes them seem to be and the simplistic, nice, yet tragically sidelined characters they are even in the novels, to the point they legit get to feel as relevant as the Canon main heroines.

If there is any proof needed of that, just look at the special edition box art they had the official artist of the novels make for the final game (Last Recollection), where you get to see the SIX Goddesses of the Underworld instead of just the 3 from Canon :D

There is a reason why despite being an SAO fan I don't think it's the greatest series ever like some fanatics do, I admit it has its flaws but also that's nowhere near as bad as most Haters want to make people believe, which is why I fell in love and genuinely enjoyed this AU more than Canon, it gave me everything I wanted of the series and its characters, gave me some dumb silly fun that I would have never seen in Canon SAO, even gratuitous amounts of fanservice, and still managed to be a shockingly well-written story with a very satisfying ending and some moments that truly moved my heart. As a friend of mine once quoted, if Canon SAO feels like "KiriSuna and Friends: The Show", then the Gameverse is more like "The Adventures of Kirito and his Companions" in a very fun way :)
oh damn that actually sounds really good to see that. its unfortunate how the story could actually look like, but only a small percentage would actually go those lengths and give the story enough chances to finally find the treasure they have always wanted.
i will probably never touch those games, now that im old, but i will def keep this in mind if i will ever be in search for a good game.
btw is this turned based or real time action based?

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
I also agree with the above, there are many people who have a very limited mind when it comes to NTR stories, they need to expand more. Maybe many of Fujino's sponsors are due to their limited knowledge and most of them are from China or almost all of them. We have to expand the potential of the other characters, for example Suguha or Alice. but unfortunately those are limited that only focus on the idea of only INODA ASUNA and deception.
i will def pray for all those lost souls and that fujino will find his original pace again

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
oh damn that actually sounds really good to see that. its unfortunate how the story could actually look like, but only a small percentage would actually go those lengths and give the story enough chances to finally find the treasure they have always wanted.
i will probably never touch those games, now that im old, but i will def keep this in mind if i will ever be in search for a good game.
btw is this turned based or real time action based?
Pretty much, yes, that's what made it so great for me :3 (Let's hope Fujino can also get such a chance XP)

They're real time action ones, but each one is slightly different in playability from the previous one because of many things, but like I said they're not that amazing as 'games' XD I actually even as an SAO fan would recommend just 2 things: Either illegally download them on your PC and use cheats to max out Kirito and everyone else from the get-go so you can just one-shot everything, or just simply watch one of the many full playthroughs online there are nowadays in YT, even with all the side-events, just remembering which game goes first and the like :p

If I had to bring up one of the things I liked the most of the Gameverse AU, it would be the first Gameverse Original Heroine, Strea, a girl that would have never fit in Canon SAO for how 'shitty cliche' her character archetype was yet still changed the whole group's dynamics in an hilarious and ever-lasting way...basically, we get a girl with tits the size of her head, a tendency to shove Kirito into them, almost as little shame as Lala from To Love-Ru yet with a hidden mischievous/cunning side that could be compared to Momo from the same series as rather than trying to steal Kirito from Asuna or arguing with her about it she's instead constantly trying to enable lewd moments between ALL the girls and him, with a mentality that probably deduced right away that if the Harem Ending became a thing she could also get Kirito-time herself XD

BTW, did I mention she's technically Yui's "little sister"? Because her true identity is the MHCP-002, the second of the AIs created by Kayaba to monitor the mental health of SAO's players like the former was.

Sadly she has almost no H-content period because of how niche/disliked the SAO Gameverse is, which is a shame with how she's practically a Hentai wet dream even here, there is only some scattered lewd fanarts here and there and few of them are any good XP

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Last year I was hoping more devs will be inspired by Fujino's works, but here we are march 2024 and still no NTR games with the same level of quality in the NTR mystery department. Sad. :cry:
Oh i bet he has inspired a lot. My self included. But I'm still a long way off from being able to make somthin presentable, and I dont doubt a lot of others are in the same boat.

May 9, 2020
Oh i bet he has inspired a lot. My self included. But I'm still a long way off from being able to make somthin presentable, and I dont doubt a lot of others are in the same boat.
Yupp, as for myself I'm somewhat learning how to use Blender with Koikatsu models & animations, along with Honey Select models & animations. I was thinking of using AI Shoujo models & animations as I'm pretty sure that that's the most recent character creation engine that Illusion made but at the moment I will put that one on hold.

I'm in the same boat of wanting to make things presentable as you said. Not only do I need to make my own RPGM MZ game tiles mapped to my own critiquing standards, I also need to learn more Paralax Lighting & special effects.

I have a lot to learn about RPGM MZ, especially how to fix any possible bugs & what-not.

Fujino definitely inspired a lot of this.

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Yupp, as for myself I'm somewhat learning how to use Blender with Koikatsu models & animations, along with Honey Select models & animations. I was thinking of using AI Shoujo models & animations as I'm pretty sure that that's the most recent character creation engine that Illusion made but at the moment I will put that one on hold.

I'm in the same boat of wanting to make things presentable as you said. Not only do I need to make my own RPGM MZ game tiles mapped to my own critiquing standards, I also need to learn more Paralax Lighting & special effects.

I have a lot to learn about RPGM MZ, especially how to fix any possible bugs & what-not.

Fujino definitely inspired a lot of this.
Even as someone who dislikes NTR and has 0 interest in making games, I can say without a doubt that Fujino is an inspiration to anyone, truly. The lengths he went through to continue making his games are honestly awe-inspiring :)

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
I just finished anime season 1 and seems like ntr not avoidable even in anime :HideThePain:

I think it is their destiny or something lol
My dude, I know the concept of NTR has been prostituted so badly by doujins for the last decade that it's hard to properly use it anymore, but there is no actual NTR in SAO at all XD? There is attempted rape, but no NTR, lmao.

May 9, 2020
My dude, I know the concept of NTR has been prostituted so badly by doujins for the last decade that it's hard to properly use it anymore, but there is no actual NTR in SAO at all XD? There is attempted rape, but no NTR, lmao.
Actually in the manga during Alicization, the attempt ceases to be an attempt. For the sake of not spoiling too much I won't mention in too much detail, but the part in the anime is heavily censored where Eugeo is in time to save his friends instead of being too late like in the manga. Ronye and Tiese were actually raped in the manga.

Also, I believe that there are several heavily censored parts that the anime changed compared to the manga.

edit: Sorry my bad, these are changes that were in the web novel when adapted to light novel & anime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paslicivi

Paslicivi

Aug 30, 2016

So rape is also part of NTR if there is couple / love interest etc.

Reactions: Hentai_Desu-ka?
May 9, 2020

So rape is also part of NTR if there is couple / love interest etc.
NTR is used too much as a broad generalized blanket term, it's used incorrectly way too much.

To spare a lengthy explanation, Netorare is when a lover is "stolen" from their significant other, and by "stolen" the process is usually done through blackmail or slow gradual corruption.

People use NTR too much to mean too many things that it isn't. It's kinda sad.

Paslicivi

Aug 30, 2016
NTR is used too much as a broad generalized blanket term, it's used incorrectly way too much.

To spare a lengthy explanation, Netorare is when a lover is "stolen" from their significant other, and by "stolen" the process is usually done through blackmail or slow gradual corruption.

People use NTR too much to mean too many things that it isn't. It's kinda sad.
I know this. To briefly summarize, if there is a couple who loves each other and one of them is having a romantic or sexual relationship with a third person, this is NTR. The content of the relationship with this third person and the couple's perspective on the event constitute the sub-branches of NTR. Netorare, Netorase, Netori etc.

I see it on the forum. They even call the main character's parents' relationship NTR, which is ridiculous. But the scene I'm talking about in the SAO anime is definitely NTR.

Reactions: Hentai_Desu-ka?

AlterInfernalAllius

Aug 4, 2017
Actually in the manga during Alicization, the attempt ceases to be an attempt. For the sake of not spoiling too much I won't mention in too much detail, but the part in the anime is heavily censored where Eugeo is in time to save his friends instead of being too late like in the manga. Ronye and Tiese were actually raped in the manga.

Also, I believe that there are several heavily censored parts that the anime changed compared to the manga.

edit: Sorry my bad, these are changes that were in the web novel when adapted to light novel & anime.
You were already corrected, but yeah, the web novel got a lot of changes when it was re-adapted for official publication in the Light Novels (Which is what the anime is based upon). Alicization is where there were the most changes (From the number of I. Knights to things like the gender of the 'murder lolis' that almost got Kirito and Eugeo going up the Cathedral, in the web novel they were 2 boys), but there were tons across the whole series really, some of the most noticeable ones being the girls' feelings towards Kirito being a lot less blatant/intense in the Light Novels compared to the Web Novel XP

I know this. To briefly summarize, if there is a couple who loves each other and one of them is having a romantic or sexual relationship with a third person, this is NTR. The content of the relationship with this third person and the couple's perspective on the event constitute the sub-branches of NTR. Netorare, Netorase, Netori etc.

I see it on the forum. They even call the main character's parents' relationship NTR, which is ridiculous. But the scene I'm talking about in the SAO anime is definitely NTR.
Eh, let's agree to disagree, I don't see what Sugou was doing as NTR at all, it was just attempted rape plain and simple, Asuna wasn't enjoying it in the slightest at all and Kirito brutalized him before he could even go much further, so yeah, I just can't call that NTR at all :O

Paslicivi

Aug 30, 2016
Eh, let's agree to disagree, I don't see what Sugou was doing as NTR at all, it was just attempted rape plain and simple, Asuna wasn't enjoying it in the slightest at all and Kirito brutalized him before he could even go much further, so yeah, I just can't call that NTR at all :O
In your opinion, what had to happen for this scene to be NTR? Was Asuna supposed to scream "fuck me Sugou"?

We may disagree, I'm just trying to understand your point of view.

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes