Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
You guys Who make this game why dont you make it as flash game it'll be small in size no need to be more than 1GB
Hey there Dstrs I'm the dev. A few reasons led me to use RenPy including easy accessibility and how well renpy already supports visual novel games. But for future projects I may look into alternate things to run it on

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I set up a discord server if anyone wants to join to either mess around, give feedback, or just be able to chat with others.

Feel free to join/share the link.

Reactions: passerbyR34

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
New UI test preview here. Let me know what you think

S81219-050813.jpg
Nice work, man! I've got no objection for this one :D
So there's no need for clicking the door anymore?
How about the place with multiple areas like nature trails btw? An arrow or similar UI like in the house?

ps : i think u got a typo on ur page; peak > peek :whistle:

Reactions: The Humble Dude

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
View attachment 201326
Nice work, man! I've got no objection for this one :D
So there's no need for clicking the door anymore?
How about the place with multiple areas like nature trails btw? An arrow or similar UI like in the house?

ps : i think u got a typo on ur page; peak > peek :whistle:
Correct! No more clicking on doors, but for things like interacting with a girl, picking up objects, and other small functions youll still click as usual. This is solely for moving between areas.

And good catch thank you! Years of english class and I still find a way to riddle my posts with grammar and spelling errors

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Correct! No more clicking on doors, but for things like interacting with a girl, picking up objects, and other small functions youll still click as usual. This is solely for moving between areas.

And good catch thank you! Years of english class and I still find a way to riddle my posts with grammar and spelling errors
Noted, then imo it's already very good and neat :D
Np btw, i'm an asian and also learn an english for years but despite all of that, I've learn more from watching movies, animes, and reading translated mangas
So I might know a bit of slangs, but my overall english skill including grammar is sucks :ROFLMAO:

Icedreams

May 4, 2017
Hi ladies and gents Merry Christmas!! I have a question where is Alex when you get the Clue (I don't remember seeing Alex leave for work this morning) I feel like I've tried everywhere.

Reactions: Glacerose

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Hi ladies and gents Merry Christmas!! I have a question where is Alex when you get the Clue (I don't remember seeing Alex leave for work this morning) I feel like I've tried everywhere.
Merry Christmas to you too friend. If your affection is high enough (3 if I recall) try going to her room in the morning.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I seem to remember she wasn't there at first for me either, like Glacerose said (it is their game) hang out a few times after work with her for more affection points then check her room again.

Same if any other event doesn't seem to trigger after it shows up in the guide.

Reactions: passerbyR34

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Hey IceDreams! Just wanted to check in and make sure you got the event to eventually trigger for you?

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Blargher

May 2, 2018
I like the new navigation menu preview. Definitely wouldn't have liked going back to clicking random areas, there's so many games that do that and aren't as obvious where to go. I mean I've played enough of the game currently that I wouldn't have an issue probably but as a new player it is confusing as hell sometimes. I honestly don't see why people had issues with the arrows, it is a game, not like it's a VR first person thing or something. But the new navigation system looks quite good as well, and more fancy looking.

Also I'd avoid flash like the plague imho. It always seems to screw up for me at least. So I'd be less inclined to enjoy it if it was flash I believe. So maybe for some games, but definitely not a game like this. Least imo.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I like the new navigation menu preview. Definitely wouldn't have liked going back to clicking random areas, there's so many games that do that and aren't as obvious where to go. I mean I've played enough of the game currently that I wouldn't have an issue probably but as a new player it is confusing as hell sometimes. I honestly don't see why people had issues with the arrows, it is a game, not like it's a VR first person thing or something. But the new navigation system looks quite good as well, and more fancy looking.

Also I'd avoid flash like the plague imho. It always seems to screw up for me at least. So I'd be less inclined to enjoy it if it was flash I believe. So maybe for some games, but definitely not a game like this. Least imo.
Hello!
Thanks for the input on the navigation system, and I wasnt aware of flash problems :eek:. I'll definitely keep that in mind if/when I go to change engines one day!

Blargher

May 2, 2018
Hello!
Thanks for the input on the navigation system, and I wasnt aware of flash problems :eek:. I'll definitely keep that in mind if/when I go to change engines one day!
Yeah from getting them to run properly, to having them delete the saves randomly for no reason, to crashes. Probably is my system partly to blame too, but doesn't change that flash IMHO should only be for more quicker games or smaller replays. Not something more extensive, as while this is short now I can see the expansiveness that could have in this game. Definitely renpy or such is a better tool for a VN such as this. Also never had issues with a renpy game running, sometimes a delay if its a huge like video playing but never actual performance issues with it.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Yeah from getting them to run properly, to having them delete the saves randomly for no reason, to crashes. Probably is my system partly to blame too, but doesn't change that flash IMHO should only be for more quicker games or smaller replays. Not something more extensive, as while this is short now I can see the expansiveness that could have in this game. Definitely renpy or such is a better tool for a VN such as this. Also never had issues with a renpy game running, sometimes a delay if its a huge like video playing but never actual performance issues with it.
Then for future games (assuming at release this ones received well enough) I'll just stick with RenPy. thanks!

4.70 star(s) 23 Votes