prrt

Feb 24, 2019
why a facepalm McWoodz ?
I can't give my opinion about a game I like ? Plus this is supposed to be a hobby for the dev , something that is fun . When he has to go on without that what use is it .
But when it's meant to earn some money from it he can better do one game good as 2 half arsed.

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
why a facepalm McWoodz ?
I can't give my opinion about a game I like ? Plus this is supposed to be a hobby for the dev , something that is fun . When he has to go on without that what use is it .
But when it's meant to earn some money from it he can better do one game good as 2 half arsed.
Because telling him to "be honest" suggests he's lying.
He has said repeatedly he has no intention of abandoning Sylphia Island and I for one believe him as that's his baby and he has a story he wants to tell there.

However doing the same thing constantly can lead a to burnout and a break from that monotony to work on something new can reinvigorate.
I see it as much less likely anything he produces would be "half arsed" when he has the freedom to work on 2 projects than if he was shackled to just one.

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
Don't mean to suggest lying . blame it on me being a non english speaker in my own language it means something a bit different.
I have worked self employed in an art related profession for over 40 years now and know about burning out on jobs .but i also know about the results doing something not fully concentrated , it shows (art related you know ) art is showing your mood .And I consider creating a game a kind of art too.
I did not wanted to lecture the dev far from it . But i care a bit for people who can make something I enjoy.

Reactions: McWoodz

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
What makes Sylphia Island especially great is that the characters have distinctive body language and eye contact. I hope you will be able to carry that over to Daz3d.
Hey there, glad you like the characters :)

In Life in Bloom I'm doing everything I can to make the characters just as distinct as in Sylphia Island, where a characters dialogue alone is enough to know who is talking, no indicator needed.

Reactions: Wookie

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
It has it sparingly, but nothing serious. Most people just mute it (me included)
music is good for atmosphere, but i do like hearing sound effects and things of that nature! when a game has music that fits with the setting and isnt overly loud and obnoxious its fine! in most cases ill try to play with the music on at first, but if it becomes annoying or is so loud that it distracts from what im reading or whats going on then yeah... its time to mute it!
i wouldnt object to sound effects, moans, or even possible voice clips to voice overs! Sylphia Island and your new project would only benefit from these additions, but i know that would be more work for you (not just recording the sounds but implementing them as well)!

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
I'm kinda torn. I like Sylphia Island, it has those kinds of characters you want to find out more about. But long waiting times between updates kinda detach you from the story and characters, and waiting 3 years (just a wild guess) until the game is finished is a big turn off. We just got to some juicy bits after a worthwhile rework and seeing as this is version 0,3m it's kind of too soon to go into development of a new game, right?

Other than that, your test renders look absolutely gorgeous, especially Celeste and Lilian in Daz3d are freaking awesome. I remember the quality of your first version of Sylphia Island, which was kind of "bad", then the rework which looks miles better and now you're showing those kind of skills with a completely different program. Pretty impressive stuff.

I can only wish you good luck, I'll be sure to try out the new game. Hope that everything works out.

BabooJ1

Feb 12, 2019
I'm kinda torn. I like Sylphia Island, it has those kinds of characters you want to find out more about. But long waiting times between updates kinda detach you from the story and characters, and waiting 3 years (just a wild guess) until the game is finished is a big turn off. We just got to some juicy bits after a worthwhile rework and seeing as this is version 0,3m it's kind of too soon to go into development of a new game, right?

Other than that, your test renders look absolutely gorgeous, especially Celeste and Lilian in Daz3d are freaking awesome. I remember the quality of your first version of Sylphia Island, which was kind of "bad", then the rework which looks miles better and now you're showing those kind of skills with a completely different program. Pretty impressive stuff.

I can only wish you good luck, I'll be sure to try out the new game. Hope that everything works out.
While I totally agree with what you are saying but developers do get burn out and sometimes they need to do something else before they get back to the other development.

If the new game would give him the drive to and the time to relax from the original game then give them that chance - I also want to see Sylphia Island complete since I love all the characters and events the developer has put in for our enjoyment.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
@Glacerose I really liked the game it was an awesome play. Thanks.

As a personal wish, if i'm allowed to say one, please handle Celeste carefully....tsunderes are my weakness especially well done ones like her.

Cheers
Thank you, so glad you enjoyed it! Look out for my new game, Life in Bloom, being developed now. Should have a similar character writing style to Sylphia Island.

Reactions: anormiedude

CapnBlaze

Jul 28, 2018
if it's possible in your new game, it would be nice if there were something like check boxes that allow you to remove certain fetishes. I recognize everyone has different tastes but footjobs and rim jobs are huge turn offs for me. I appreciate you adjusting Sylphia Island to allow to skip those scenes but even knowing the character is into them ..... brings things massively down. This is because one of the strongest assets you bring is fantastic character building. Sso to have characters that you otherwise love be into things that are massive turn offs kind of has a negative impact on the characterizations. And as an aside I still feel compelled to watch the scenes because otherwise I feel like I am missing out on story and relationship aspects.

Again I recognize the request may not even be possible. It's just something I wanted to put out there.

Also a shout out for the fantastic models you use.

Oct 3, 2017
Glacerose I am following Sylphia Island since its first appereance on this site, so I'd be pleased if you have time to comment on some of my concerns.

In Sylphia Island we had a supernatural story with harem aspects and superb characters which is why I loved this game so much.

Then I saw that you're working on a new project now. The models made with Daz look absolutely amazing and it is obvious that you have an incredible talent for it. HOWEVER, as we all know, making animated scenes in Daz takes a very long time and the games using Daz usually has longer periods between the updates.

Although I am certain that the characters in Life in Bloom will look gorgeous, I am worried about how long each update will take and how much content they will contain. I am also worried that the story may be too realistic and the progress really slowly.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but in this new game there will be a more mature story with 3 main girls. Does that mean the progress will be slow and we will have to wait 3 updates until we just kiss one of the girls? Are there other male characters or will the game preserve SI's Harem feeling? Will we have to choose between the girls, will there be negative consequences and bad endings? I sure don't like getting stressed out about losing points and missing scenes etc.

I totally understand why SI is on the background right now; you have a pretty good response to your artwork in Daz and I agree that they are incredible. I just wish we had some more time and some more content with our beloved girls. Things were just getting pretty interesting with their stories.

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Hey there! Give me a moment and ill try and answer each concern ~

I plan to have just as much content in each LiB update as in each SI update. The plan is for V.01 (the first public release) to have about 2 hours of content. Along with easter eggs and special scenes to unlock just for fun (they dont affect the story and arent canon)

The story WILL be more mature and grounded, definitely no plans for magic or anything, but I dont plan for it to be extremely slow moving. Ill have a bit of sexual content with each update, inluding the first one. No drip feeding over the course of months. Even if the sexual content isnt canon, e.g in V.01 you obviously wont already be having sex with the girls, but there will be plenty of scenes that will be fun enough to get your rocks off to.

The game will still be harem, and similiar to SI I plan to have character specific endings if you choose to pursue one girl instead. There will be no other guys, no NTR, no sharing, anything like that. Ever. This also stays true for the female route (you can choose your MC gender, not sure if youve seen that yet). You will never have to share your girls and youll never experience a game over or anything. The only 'scenes' youll miss is if youre playing the Male MC, youll of course need to play the Female MC to get the female scenes, and vice versa. The only possible negative consequences (not yet 100% on these yet) will be if on optional dates/events you pick negative dialogue choices, the event may end, and youll just have to wait an in game day to try again. But no permanent game overs or anything.

I am glad you like my Daz work, and hope that this helps alleviate some of your concerns.

4.70 star(s) 23 Votes