Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
The Android version does not work on my device. After the title screen, it just goes black.
Is this the newest download?
Ive heard reports of that happening but restarting the app and waiting normally fixes it. Tested on a Galaxy fold and LG Wing

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Yes. I had the same problem with the the previous version, thought maybe it had got fixed this update.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Mega

Give this one a shot.
Given what you said earlier about anxiety over people who dislike the game, it may be risky to stay active on F95. Every week there seem to be a larger and larger share of trolls and plain as$hats on the threads. Not every thread I pay attention to but enough (and growing) that I worry they will run off all the devs. You will always have fans and supporters but sometimes the trolls go a few pages drowning out all reason before mods fix it up.

I hope for the best. But expect less (sadly)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I love it when developers take part in these forums, but not at the risk of their own well being.

Always remember the Dog Latin motto that was going around years ago:

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Don't let the bastards wear you down)

• Red Heart
Reactions: cbsx

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I've met both Runa and Poppy, however, where they should be in the gallery I still have question marks.
Hmm, I think I may see why.
I'll fix the bug for the upcoming v.03, but don't worry at the moment, you aren't missing anything by having them unavailable in the gallery at the moment. Good catch.

Reactions: Spiderfox

msr9568

Feb 4, 2019
I was getting trace back errors seem like it may have been a typo it was looking for "af happy" instead of "a happy" replaced all of the af happy and it seemed to fix it. Also same issue with "af neutral'.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I was getting trace back errors seem like it may have been a typo it was looking for "af happy" instead of "a happy" replaced all of the af happy and it seemed to fix it. Also same issue with "af neutral'.
That occurs from loading an old save, you'll have further issues as well. Any save from before V.02 is incompatible

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
And yes, not every character is for everyone. I know some think Celeste is annoying, or Serra is stupid, or Lillian is a camwhore. I get it. But I'm not writing every character to be absolutely perfect models to be fucked, theyre people. People have stupid flaws. I'm also not a perfect writer, I'm 24, a solo dev, and this is my first major project. Cut me some slack. I'm still perfecting things, its V.02~, it's had 2 updates. I still have plenty of time to fix up stuff that may need to be fixed. (Like the navigation).
This is for me one of the most appreciated feature of this game, that the characters are different. It's more so and more consequent in the older "Sylphia Island" version and my fear for Sylphine is, that at the end all characters become the same dumb whores like in most other games here on F95. My favorite characters are Celeste and Lillian - but they were stronger and more consequent "painted" in Sylphia Island.
I also like all the other girls. Somehow you have managed to make them all very likable.
They are different like real life people and I love it. Please keep them different!

On the other hand story-wise I'm still not convinced that Sylphine is the better Sylphia Island.

For my taste the character development in Sylphine is way too fast. Just played the very old Sylphia Island 0.95 (before the 1st graphics update, hard to find that version) again. Much better pace IMHO. And also the last .3 version I've played at least 5 times because I like it so much.
The calm life on the island, the mystery about Vivian, the nature trail and the bistro on the hill - somehow felt quite comfy. ;)

On the contrary I have no real desire to play Sylphine a second time from the beginning. Continue? Of course, but probably not playing a second time.

Another point I don't like is that events are "outsourced" to sleep fantasies. It would be nice to ditch these fantasies and install them in the main plot.

I'm also not a big friend of the fantasy theme and planned(?) RPG Elements. For me it breaks immersion. But at least the main characters should somehow discuss the events after their first transition to the other world?!

I know that a lot(!) of work for Sylphine has gone into the graphics and indeed the girls and surroundings are all beautiful. (y)

But it seems to me, the story has become just something to connect and show the nice renders instead of the renders are made to complement the story? From your posts I see your are often showing the nice renders and I understand your pride but please don't forget the story!

Maybe play yourself Sylphia Island again and compare the rich story there?!

But ok, this is only my personal opinion and Sylphine is far from finnished...
And don't take my critics too negative. It's one of the better games here, anyway! (y)

P.S.: If you participate on the great hunt on Saturdays you may only explore in the morning and afternoon. In the evening it says, it's too late to explore - but if you look at the schedule from the other characters in the evening it shows they are on the great hunt. So: is this intended and why is it too late for the mc but not for the others? Or is this some kind of bug?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
On the other hand story-wise I'm still not convinced that Sylphine is the better Sylphia Island.

For my taste the character development in Sylphine is way too fast. Just played the very old Sylphia Island 0.95 (before the 1st graphics update, hard to find that version) again. Much better pace IMHO. And also the last .3 version I've played at least 5 times because I like it so much.
I do not know that older one at all so I will only say I do not feel it is too fast

Another point I don't like is that events are "outsourced" to sleep fantasies. It would be nice to ditch these fantasies and install them in the main plot.

I'm also not a big friend of the fantasy theme and planned(?) RPG Elements. For me it breaks immersion. But at least the main characters should somehow discuss the events after their first transition to the other world?!
The fantasies are all lewd fantasies unlocked after an individual girl's path is done why would you throw heavy lewds into main story but you said it was too fast earlier???

I know that a lot(!) of work for Sylphine has gone into the graphics and indeed the girls and surroundings are all beautiful. (y)

But it seems to me, the story has become just something to connect and show the nice renders instead of the renders are made to complement the story? From your posts I see your are often showing the nice renders and I understand your pride but please don't forget the story!
I disagree. I saw story and it was enough to get me into this and I have never played any of it as of 3 weeks ago (maybe 2 weeks)

It is a nice game thus far, I can agree on that :)

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes