Fadelius

Jul 16, 2020
I really liked the renders and character designs of Sylphia Island. I also really like where Sylphine is headed. There are some things I like better about the old designs, and some things I like better about the new designs.

The way I look at it, I am not the one making the game. This game is not made for just me. When I look at one of the games on here to decide if I want to play the game or not I read through the comments and look at the examples of the render. Does it look like something that I will mostly enjoy? Does the things I don't like look like there is too much of it? I have played plenty of games that had character designs I didn't care for but everything else was great. I have played games with gorgeous renders and just ignored the text. If it's not your cup of tea, move on and find one that is. I personally can not stand the super giant unrealistic bodies that are super prevalent in these games.

Glacerose, you do you. Ignore the haters and the trolls.

Zornk

Aug 18, 2017
Glacerose, you do you. Ignore the haters and the trolls.

To clarify I was not hating, I respect your work Glacerose and appreciate you putting it out for us.

There have been many times I saw something I didn't like, or a story I wanted to see in these kind of games, and then I considered the amount of work it would take to make something a fraction as good as some of the work I find on here.

Needless to say i have opted out each time because damn.

Reactions: Fadelius

Fadelius

Jul 16, 2020
To clarify I was not hating, I respect your work Glacerose and appreciate you putting it out for us.

There have been many times I saw something I didn't like, or a story I wanted to see in these kind of games, and then I considered the amount of work it would take to make something a fraction as good as some of the work I find on here.

Needless to say i have opted out each time because damn.
I wasn't specifically referencing you. Sorry if it came out that way. I believe in constructive criticism, but...there are a bunch of people on this site that are just straight up trolls or who complain about things without offering any ideas on what could be done different.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Which is a pity, would be cool for there to be some sort of difference, but I suppose 4 branches would take up more time to develop.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I would have liked the guild choice to make a notable difference in the experience. But I also want girls from different guilds. So, conflicted. I'm not sure how else the different guilds could make a significant difference. The overall story has to remain the same. Some scenes could be locked to specific guild membership. But as mentioned, this is more work. I'll be happy either way.

Nov 24, 2019
I would have liked the guild choice to make a notable difference in the experience. But I also want girls from different guilds. So, conflicted. I'm not sure how else the different guilds could make a significant difference. The overall story has to remain the same. Some scenes could be locked to specific guild membership. But as mentioned, this is more work. I'll be happy either way.
Usually these have only impact on RPG-like elements (where some games offer "novel modes" so the choice might not be meaningful at all); Or on POV (storytelling from the perspective of your guild).

In other sandboxes I've played, albeit a bit rarer, where there was a class choice - they either had a way to change class or made "cardinal stats" (in this case, would be one for each guild) where you don't, ever, need to grind them for your own guild but if you want to chase other guilds you would have to spend some time doing this grind.

But as they say - Where there's a will there's a way.

PS. Right now, Sylphine is doing the first; The guild selection changes your combat features/scenes and that's it.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Guild choice could affect things in relatively small (as regards the overall story) but distinct ways: you could learn different things about the magic realm, meet different people, have small guild specific side stories. I'm not suggesting this happen. But it is what I was hoping for when the guild choice was announced. People were talking about playing multiple paths to get all of it and it sounded like this is how it would be. From what I understand, that's unnecessary, the choice has little or no effect on content. I don't blame Glacerose for taking this path. I am certain the game as is requires a lot of time and effort to create. This way he makes people happy who don't want to miss anything (and don't want to play multiple paths with lots of duplicated content,) as well as being able to advance the whole game faster because all content contributes to a single narrative. I'm a little disappointed but I'll get over it.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Guild choice could affect things in relatively small (as regards the overall story) but distinct ways: you could learn different things about the magic realm, meet different people, have small guild specific side stories. I'm not suggesting this happen. But it is what I was hoping for when the guild choice was announced. People were talking about playing multiple paths to get all of it and it sounded like this is how it would be. From what I understand, that's unnecessary, the choice has little or no effect on content. I don't blame Glacerose for taking this path. I am certain the game as is requires a lot of time and effort to create. This way he makes people happy who don't want to miss anything (and don't want to play multiple paths with lots of duplicated content,) as well as being able to advance the whole game faster because all content contributes to a single narrative. I'm a little disappointed but I'll get over it.
Guild choice originally was affecting a lot more in game, but people heavily preferred to not have to do multiple playthroughs and not to miss out on any content. I still plan for it to change the story ever so slightly, branching more of course as we go on, but its more akin now to choosing a class in a RPG. Same story, different flavor.

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
The original game was in HS so the colors fit in better

Wanted to preserve them though when I remade it in Daz

View attachment 1194401
Looking at yor HS render I suddenly realized a technical reason why - maybe - the HS models feel so much more lifelike: They often look straight into your eyes. Made a quick look through the DAZ version savegames and the eye contact is a little bit off. It often seems the characters are more focused on your chest - view slightly down, no direct eye contact. Here an example: screenshot0001.png

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Looking at yor HS render I suddenly realized a technical reason why - maybe - the HS models feel so much more lifelike: They often look straight into your eyes. Made a quick look through the DAZ version savegames and the eye contact is a little bit off. It often seems the characters are more focused on your chest - view slightly down, no direct eye contact. Here an example: View attachment 1195153
I guess I don't have an eye for that stuff, it *looks* to me like she's looking at your directly.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes