Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
And yes, not every character is for everyone. I know some think Celeste is annoying, or Serra is stupid, or Lillian is a camwhore. I get it. But I'm not writing every character to be absolutely perfect models to be fucked, theyre people. People have stupid flaws. I'm also not a perfect writer, I'm 24, a solo dev, and this is my first major project. Cut me some slack. I'm still perfecting things, its V.02~, it's had 2 updates. I still have plenty of time to fix up stuff that may need to be fixed. (Like the navigation).
They are perfect BECAUSE they aren't perfect. People have flaws and issues. Keep doing what you're doing.

god I wish I was 24 again and had your skillz

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
They are perfect BECAUSE they aren't perfect. People have flaws and issues. Keep doing what you're doing.

god I wish I was 24 again and had your skillz
"Perfect" people get pretty dang boring! I love all these girls because they're human (no I'm no being a species-ist!:D) they behave like real people with real flaws, dreams, etc. It's going to help define who they are and how they react and how they grow. My wife is WAY less than perfect and we've been married for.........a long time (not gonna give my age away with THAT answer!) and we're still happy and wouldn't change it.

PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
Glacerose - I just want to clarify my comments earlier about Celeste... the fact that she strikes me so harshly is actually in it's own way praise as to just how *real* the character comes off. I know people IRL like that. They drive me INSANE, and I kind of hate people like that, but they are REAL. It's a lifelike character flaw that you have captured very very nicely.

Do I wish I had the option as the MC to tell her off quite harshly? yes, absolutely... but that doesn't take away from the fact that you have built a set of characters that have perfectly quirky yet real feeling personalities each. Maybe a bit too oddly comfortable stripping in front of the only guy in the house LOL, but that is almost expected in this sort of game anyway. ^_^

Keep doing what you are doing! I may not have personal interest in Celeste, but it's clear others love that type of personality quirk. You have branched into a lot of different interests so cleanly with just the 5 main girls, not to mention alternative girls slowly being realized through the story.

Game is great so far! And I'm excited to see the ongoing paths it takes. :)

bip77

Apr 21, 2020
I do not know that older one at all so I will only say I do not feel it is too fast
Compared to Sylphia Islands, where for me the pace was better.

The fantasies are all lewd fantasies unlocked after an individual girl's path is done why would you throw heavy lewds into main story but you said it was too fast earlier???
Also compared to Sylphia Islands, where most of these scenes were part of the - much slower - main plot.
There was also a "Fantasize" menu when taking a shower in the bathroom. But these were all shower related events and better fitting in the story.

I disagree. I saw story and it was enough to get me into this and I have never played any of it as of 3 weeks ago (maybe 2 weeks)
Again I was comparing with Sylphia Island, which has much stronger storytelling IMHO.

It is a nice game thus far, I can agree on that :)
Yes, here we agree. ;)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Does guild choice matter?

I'm hoping it doesn't honestly since we're on version 0.2 i sure as hell won't have the time for 4 completely different stories and as of somewhat of a completest i rather not invest my time in something i know i won't be able to complete (if its minor dialogue change thats fine) but if its a complete different story from guild choice to the very end with it never converging thats just to much time to invest

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Does guild choice matter?

I'm hoping it doesn't honestly since we're on version 0.2 i sure as hell won't have the time for 4 completely different stories and as of somewhat of a completest i rather not invest my time in something i know i won't be able to complete (if its minor dialogue change thats fine) but if its a complete different story from guild choice to the very end with it never converging thats just to much time to invest
As far as i know witch guild you join has no inpact on the story.

Jiryki

Nov 21, 2019
I've got two error messages, just before starting the first Great Hunt:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 165, in script call
    call posRandom from _call_posRandom
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 192, in script
    python:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 197, in <module>
    friend1 = copy.deepcopy(globals()[friend1Name])
KeyError: u'mcFriendly'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 165, in script call
    call posRandom from _call_posRandom
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 192, in script
    python:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 197, in <module>
    friend1 = copy.deepcopy(globals()[friend1Name])
KeyError: u'mcFriendly'

The second one:

[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 493, in script
    if turn == foe1["turnPos"] and not foe1Death:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 493, in <module>
KeyError: u'turnPos'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 493, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 493, in <module>
KeyError: u'turnPos'

Jiryki

Nov 21, 2019
Ok, I understand that the problem can be playing from and old save.

Can anyone share a save game from version above 2.0? Not to have to play the whole game again

Thaanks!

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
Man, the navigation is killing me. Another option is badly needed. Ideally some method that shows where interactions are available, and let's you directly move there. Otherwise it's just this endless flailing at little boxes that could reasonably be arranged in multiple ways and you just kinda gotta try to remember what the hell is where. Please, just no.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Man, the navigation is killing me. Another option is badly needed. Ideally some method that shows where interactions are available, and let's you directly move there. Otherwise it's just this endless flailing at little boxes that could reasonably be arranged in multiple ways and you just kinda gotta try to remember what the hell is where. Please, just no.
I'm always looking to improve on aspects of the game, especially navigation.
If I can think of a better way to implement it, I'll surely do so. I'm experimenting with different things as we speak.

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
I'm always looking to improve on aspects of the game, especially navigation.
If I can think of a better way to implement it, I'll surely do so. I'm experimenting with different things as we speak.
Glad to hear it. Everything else is so good, so it's a bit frustrating when it's so bothersome to actually get to any of that good stuff.

You've probably already considered all these things, but because I enjoy thinking about this stuff too much -

The idea I like most currently is to leave the current UI (mostly) untouched but instead of linking the boxes spatially (ie move to nearby areas), have them display the active interaction options. Toss in some indicators for who or what is being interacted with as well as which kinds of options are there - story, relationship, etc. For the spatial links, I'd just toss them in another menu (take the current navigation UI, and mirror it?). Making the links in the scene itself would help add a spatial element to the UI that'd make remembering how stuff is connected easier, but I dunno if it would be worth the trouble if they weren't the only navigation method.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes