quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Game Lord is now on my ignore list because of their ridiculous obsession with a design decision with which they disagree and which has zero negative impact on game play, and their insulting attitude toward Glacerose. I suggest everyone else do the same, and we get back to talking about and admiring the girls and the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: GbolnHunter

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Because it was a conscious decision not a 'error'. I didnt want 2 events to be triggered same day. So my choices are, rework celestes entire work schedule, put in a variable that makes it not possible to trigger the two events, then have to put a message somewhere explaining why you cant trigger the event, or just have it skip to her being off of work. One of those seems way easier than the rest
Firstly, I want to say that this did not really bother me. I noticed it, thought it was a little odd, but moved on. Not wanting it to be possible to do the two scenes back to back for pacing reasons makes sense to me. I do, however, have an alternative solution (though maybe this is harder to code than I would think, so if you don't want to use it, no hard feelings on my part).

Only allow those specific events to trigger in the evening, and put that in the hint tracker - that you have to specifically visit her at work in the evening.

Again - as is doesn't bother me, and if that's more work than I think it is, and you keep it the way it is, that's cool from my side. I just thought it *might* be a simple solution. If it's not, it's not.

To those who are concerned about it as is, I offer a potential "In Universe" reason for it to be like this - If you go in the afternoon, there's more time until the club closes, so you spend more time with Celeste and the Nakoninator, losing track of just how long it's been. Suddenly it's closing time. It's a thing that happens.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Of course here in the US, we'd buy them fully aware of how they work, then turn around and sue you for hurting our feelings..... And we'd win......
Cuz that's just how we roll these days......unfortunately

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Of course here in the US, we'd buy them fully aware of how they work, then turn around and sue you for hurting our feelings..... And we'd win......
Cuz that's just how we roll these days......unfortunately
Exactly what are you talking about?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Exactly what are you talking about?

Yes, the figurines

just bc we seem to be so sue happy here..... Like when a lady sued McDonalds because she ordered a hot cup of coffee, spilled it then sued cuz it was hot and burned her......

BlameApple

Nov 30, 2020
Yes, the figurines

just bc we seem to be so sue happy here..... Like when a lady sued McDonalds because she ordered a hot cup of coffee, spilled it then sued cuz it was hot and burned her......
Hot is an understatement. She got third degree burns on her thighs and crotch from that shit and had to have skin grafts. And it wasn’t the first time someone had been injured severely by McDonakd’s coffee. They’d had hundreds of other serious incidents before that one so they were well aware they were selling a dangerous product that was hurting people. The McDonald’s coffee case isn’t an example of litigiousness run amuck. It’s an example of the legal system working as intended.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Hot is an understatement. She got third degree burns on her thighs and crotch from that shit and had to have skin grafts. And it wasn’t the first time someone had been injured severely by McDonakd’s coffee. They’d had hundreds of other serious incidents before that one so they were well aware they were selling a dangerous product that was hurting people. The McDonald’s coffee case isn’t an example of litigiousness run amuck. It’s an example of the legal system working as intended.
I honestly felt terrible for her and couldn't imagine how much it hurt. I also understand that many others complained and were also burnt from the hot coffee being too hot. But there were thousands and thousands who enjoyed their coffee hot and didn't have problems. I also understand that McDonalds didn't force her to put the cup of coffee between her legs in the car and pull the lid off which caused the spill. So, while I honestly did feel bad for her, I never thought the company should be punished in this instance.
I had a friend who was driving too fast on an icy road, slid and hit the curb bending her wheels. She didn't sue Ford because of it.

I hope you have a good evening and see that I did feel sorry for her but thought the lawsuit was the issue, not her pain.

And am sorry to others I drifted off topic from Sylphine.

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
Yes, the figurines

Dude that coffee caused her THIRD DEGREE BURNS it melted the cap on the coffee and all she wanted was the medical expenses and the McDonalds to stop over heating their coffee to that point. So yes McDonalds fought then had to pay out like 2-5 million dollars but get this great mistold story about a lawsuit where they can play themselves off as a victim when they were totally at fault and forced the issue to the point they had to pay more.

Reactions: Cartageno

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
I also understand that McDonalds didn't force her to put the cup of coffee between her legs in the car and pull the lid off which caused the spill.
The lid was not removed the lid had melted. This is another lie people tell about that story

Reactions: Tavi13
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes