Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
all she wanted was the medical expenses
Also extremely important here - she originally did not want that much money, just when McD balked and offered her something akin to a discount on a muffin with her next coffee the whole thing started.

And it should also be remembered when talking about these huge sums US damage lawsuits have that there's a good reason for that (whether it's good enough to outweigh the disadvantages is open to debate but it is sensible in itself): If you make a great multinational company pay only actual damages, it is virtually no money to them, so they are not inclined to change damaging behavior. Thus, these lawsuits are intended to be felt even by a large company.

The US - in my opinion - is way too happy to sue over minimal damages caused by maximal stupidity with minimal influence from the one sued, not least because of non-optimal rules about how lawyers are getting paid, but the "McDonald's coffee case" is not a good example for it.

Reactions: Tavi13

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Glad a fightsystem works good. And story is Interresting. And with the Guilds a replay worth. Nice one. Keep going and have fun make it. THX

Reactions: AwsHen

PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
Give away in the discord for 5 Sylphine Steam Keys

Are there plans to keep the game off-steam too for those of us with accounts that are nearly 20 years old that don't want our entire friendslist seeing when we're having a lil' jerk sesh?

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Are there plans to keep the game off-steam too for those of us with accounts that are nearly 20 years old that don't want our entire friendslist seeing when we're having a lil' jerk sesh?
You should be able to Patreon it or SubscribeStar it still. As someone who has had a Steam act since 2004 but even if I made my Steam act this year or even last year I'd rather not have people I know, knowing I play AVN's so I'm doing the Patreon/SS route than Steam but others may not care if people know they play them.

Last edited:

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
Another option for buying the game

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You should be able to Patreon it or SubscribeStar it still. As someone who has had a Steam act since 2004 but even if I made my Steam act this year or even last year I'd rather not have people I know, knowing I play AVN's so I'm doing the Patreon/SS route than Steam but others may not care if people know they play them.
Personally, I don't think that the question of when I am playing what game is of anybody's but my business anyway, that's why I don't use the feature in the first place. But with these games, which do not need a real installation, you could always just install them with steam, copy them over, and then uninstall them on steam.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Personally, I don't think that the question of when I am playing what game is of anybody's but my business anyway, that's why I don't use the feature in the first place. But with these games, which do not need a real installation, you could always just install them with steam, copy them over, and then uninstall them on steam.
The issue is steam friends can see what games are in your library, installed or not.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The issue is steam friends can see what games are in your library, installed or not.
Well, you could always delete them (problem: you'd have to buy them again if you lose them). Luckily I never saw the benefit for me in Steam friends anyway (for the aforementioned reason) ;)

Reactions: GbolnHunter

PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
Well, you could always delete them (problem: you'd have to buy them again if you lose them). Luckily I never saw the benefit for me in Steam friends anyway (for the aforementioned reason) ;)
Removing a game from your account stops you from being able to play it, and doesn't stop friends from seeing that you bought or played it.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Here it is.
That does indeed seem to be the most recent version.
My only thought is a save issue though, I'd 100% try a new one, and see if the AF issue goes away. I've only seen it happy in old saves and can't seem to see a code issue of why it would occur in new ones.

Reactions: detox

detox

Donor
May 6, 2017
That does indeed seem to be the most recent version.
My only thought is a save issue though, I'd 100% try a new one, and see if the AF issue goes away. I've only seen it happy in old saves and can't seem to see a code issue of why it would occur in new ones.
This weekend i'll try. ;)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I was one of the five winners this round (Thanks Gacerose!!), so this is something I have to consider.

One of my steam friends is my 29 year old son, so that might be awkward. The thing is, Sylphine is a beautiful enough game that even if someone thought to look at my list, it'd only be slightly embarrassing. The same can't be said of some of the games on these forums that have been released on Steam.

Reactions: GbolnHunter
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes