Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I don't see "street urchin" either, but I do agree that the hair feels "out of place", for lack of a better term.

TheAshina

Oct 5, 2017
I understand, even agree with you, in fact, but it's only been 2 releases, you've got to give it time. I would rather the dev took his time in developing the girls' character, instead of rushing through it. We will see her open up and become more honest eventually, just give it time.
Of course, things I wrote were not directed to the dev, It was just a reply to you for the message I quoted, my opinion about what you said xd. I know and respect that, I'm not in a position to tell dev what to do or not. Game pretty solid rn for 2 releases tho.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
At first I thought I could add one more to the very very short list of female characters in whom I have no interest. But with the improved lighting she's changed my mind.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
I just hope Glacerose dont work 24/7 and burnout sooner or later O.O
Im following this thread almost from the beginning and its awesome how his game evolved...

I just need more of her :D 866536_l1.png

Reactions: GbolnHunter

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
It doesn't need to be corrected because the event is supposed to end at night, not after a number of time periods... specifically so you can't do Celeste's third event in the afternoon, then immediately trigger her fourth in the evening. This was explained before and Glacerose's comments about fixing it were probably deleted once it was realized there was nothing to be fixed, it was 'as-designed'.
Why does it need to take place in the evening if she is already at work beginning in the afternoon? She begins work in the afternoon, not just the evening. If she is already at work in the afternoon, then if you visit her in the afternoon and it takes one time period for the event to take place (normally in the evening, then have it take place in the afternoon as well if the MC visits her during that time period instead.) Not that hard to understand really. It is an issue that should be resolved. That others want to try and dictate that it has to happen during a particular shift of their double shift at any given location I'm not sure why? Who cares if you can trigger her 4th event that evening should you visit her that afternoon then and trigger her event at that point? So you trigger them both the same day then. Oh well, it should be allowable then, seeing as how she starts work in the afternoons. Then change it so she only works evenings then if this is the rationale behind her Affinity event not being allowed to take place any other time period besides the Evening shift because it needs to end at night to prevent the player character from triggering two events that same day. Or at a minimum, write dialogue in the game that states that one needs to visit her in the Evening specifically for that first event. Don't just arbitrarily determine out of the blue it needs to happen during a certain time period when nothing nowhere indicates as much. But it's not an issue because someone wants to try and validate it isn't one? Logic and common sense people, try using it. It's called continuity. Otherwise you can start making UFO's showing up out of nowhere for the game's sake and have another Indigo Prophecy on your hand's before long.

Last edited:

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Why does it need to take place in the evening if she is already at work beginning in the afternoon? She begins work in the afternoon, not just the evening. If she is already at work in the afternoon, then if you visit her in the afternoon and it takes one time period for the event to take place (normally in the evening, then have it take place in the afternoon as well if the MC visits her during that time period instead.) Not that hard to understand really. It is an issue that should be resolved. That others want to try and dictate that it has to happen during a particular shift of their double shift at any given location I'm not sure why? Who cares if you can trigger her 4th event that evening should you visit her that afternoon then and trigger her event at that point? So you trigger them both the same day then. Oh well, it should be allowable then, seeing as how she starts work in the afternoons. Then change it so she only works evenings then if this is the rationale behind her Affinity event not being allowed to take place any other time period besides the Evening shift because it needs to end at night to prevent the player character from triggering two events that same day.
I think youre literally the only person whod even notice this or care.

Nov 24, 2019
Noticed this (it happens twice, iirc); Was not bothered - This game is a sandbox and time is not a precious finite asset.

Sure, a warning “this will take two time periods” would have been nice as it messed a bit the planning with another girl but...
Meh.

It is not really a big deal. (How many times have I heard “come back tomorrow” ingame, returned the week after, and dialog went as if nothing wrong happened, anyway?)

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
Noticed this (it happens twice, iirc); Was not bothered - This game is a sandbox and time is not a precious finite asset.

Sure, a warning “this will take two time periods” would have been nice as it messed a bit the planning with another girl but...
Meh.

It is not really a big deal. (How many times have I heard “come back tomorrow” ingame, returned the week after, and dialog went as if nothing wrong happened, anyway?)
The main thing that bothered me is that I did a couple of the girls events almost straight after awakening their Animus, none of them ever commented on it, all were just the regular day to day happenings. The girsl never spoke about their feeling about suddenly being half fantastic magical beings after 18 years of mortality.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
The main thing that bothered me is that I did a couple of the girls events almost straight after awakening their Animus, none of them ever commented on it, all were just the regular day to day happenings. The girsl never spoke about their feeling about suddenly being half fantastic magical beings after 18 years of mortality.
That occurred because in V.02 I developed the magic side about 4x further than I originally planned, it was only supposed to go to the Alex reveal. It's part of why the update took SO long. The magic and magic related stuff is basically way ahead of the "regular" world stuff. I plan to rectify this in the next update or two.

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
That occurred because in V.02 I developed the magic side about 4x further than I originally planned, it was only supposed to go to the Alex reveal. It's part of why the update took SO long. The magic and magic related stuff is basically way ahead of the "regular" world stuff. I plan to rectify this in the next update or two.
Maybe you could put a lock in so you don't get the Alex reveal before progressing further with the girls in the regular world.
I feel if I ever do a replay I'd ignore the main magical story until I've progressed that bit along.

I do understand though, magic is FUN!

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021

Meh.

Like cbsx indicated in their reply though, it's not really a time period skip issue so to speak, it's just the event programmed ultimately to end at the Night period. I mean I understand that but it still is an error. I'm just surprised Glacerose knows about it but doesn't correct it is all. Not sure if it's because they don't know how to do so or they really could just care less because:

I know and understand you have put in a lot of work into this game Glacerose, don't get me wrong I'm not discounting the time and effort you've put into this great game at this point in time and continue to do so but this is an error regardless of how others may try to invalidate that it's not. You know as much, I know as much, pazkero knows as much which indicates I'm not the only one to have caught it as well. I think you knew as much when you deleted your original response to my inquiry about this issue to begin with tbh. Whether you decide to correct it or not is up to you ultimately. I've just never seen a Developer not be proactive in trying to correct an issue with their game when it has been brought to their attention is all.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Like cbsx indicated in their reply though, it's not really a time period skip issue so to speak, it's just the event programmed ultimately to end at the Night period. I mean I understand that but it still is an error. I'm just surprised Glacerose knows about it but doesn't correct it is all. Not sure if it's because they don't know how to do so or they really could just care less because:

I know and understand you have put in a lot of work into this game Glacerose, don't get me wrong I'm not discounting the time and effort you've put into this great game at this point in time and continue to do so but this is an error regardless of how others may try to invalidate that it's not. You know as much, I know as much, pazkero knows as much which indicates I'm not the only one to have caught it as well. I think you knew as much when you deleted your original response to my inquiry about this issue to begin with tbh. Whether you decide to correct it or not is up to you ultimately. I've just never seen a Developer not be proactive in trying to correct an issue with their game when it has been brought to their attention is all.
Only that it seems more like a non-issue to me. It is not an "error", it is a design decision. You can argue that there is no need for this decision and that it could have been done differently, sure. But there's no real in game need. You do not like this decision, but that happens in all kinds of games where way more intrusive decisions with way more feeble reasoning are included. Yeah, so what.

Because there really is nothing happening. As has been said, the worst case in a game like this is that you might have to skip a few periods - and that is already assuming that you somehow "optimized" your game play so there's nothing to do. Yeah, not enticing gameplay, granted, but nothing that will make me stay up at night worrying about the ways of the world.

But even assuming it was an issue, as for your last sentence: you will be surprised how many bugs are left in programs (games as well as serious programs) intentionally despite knowing about it, because the risk of the introduction of new problems while fixing the old one is way too high. Granted, I doubt that would be a problem here in a comparatively simple Ren'Py game (not simple for Ren'Py games, but Ren'Py is simple if compared to other more complex stuff), so this was more of a general observation.

But yeah, in the end it is the devs who decide what will be done. Of course that is not without consequences and you may always have to consider backlash and dropping support in this. My personal feeling here however is that the backlash is more or less under control.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I suppose that the option to fantasize has nothing to do with history or progression with LIs, am I right?

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I would brush off the time skip with "life doesn't happen in carefully defined time periods (even if games often do.)" This assumes I played the same scene from two different starting points, which is unlikely. So an event takes two time periods if started at time X and 1 if started at time Y. Sounds like this was a design decision, not a bug. Perhaps the choice made it easier to align certain events in a desired order. Rearranging probably multiple events to satisfy one person (the others who noticed seeming to have said "not an issue") is, to me, not worth the effort.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
All these replies trying to validate it as not being an error but a design decision remind me of this short film:

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
All these replies trying to validate it as not being an error but a design decision remind me of this short film:
Because it was a conscious decision not a 'error'. I didnt want 2 events to be triggered same day. So my choices are, rework celestes entire work schedule, put in a variable that makes it not possible to trigger the two events, then have to put a message somewhere explaining why you cant trigger the event, or just have it skip to her being off of work. One of those seems way easier than the rest

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Because it was a conscious decision not a 'error'. I didnt want 2 events to be triggered same day. So my choices are, rework celestes entire work schedule, put in a variable that makes it not possible to trigger the two events, then have to put a message somewhere explaining why you cant trigger the event, or just have it skip to her being off of work. One of those seems way easier than the rest
Easy way out is all too frequent an excuse these days is why. Flawed coding equates to an error, no matter how you try to spin it.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I suppose that the option to fantasize has nothing to do with history or progression with LIs, am I right?
You are correct.

Easy way out is all too frequent an excuse these days is why. Flawed coding equates to an error, no matter how you try to spin it.
Okay, you win, this game is a complete bug ridden mess, no use in downloading and playing it if one scene does not happen to your liking. Block it on your watchlist and move on. Or you could write a mod yourself where the "error" gets rectified, the "these two scenes can happen on the same day, completely transforming the game" mod.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes