Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
I keep getting error codes when trying to battle. I have deleted entire file and redownloaded game. Keep getting the same error messages. This is one of the error messages.
Any thoughts on what I can do.
Thanks

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 470, in script
if turn == friend1["turnPos"] and not friend1Death:
File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 470, in <module>
KeyError: u'turnPos'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 470, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/combat/combatStart.rpy", line 470, in <module>
KeyError: u'turnPos'
Occurs when you load an out of date save from pre V.02.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
英格·奥莱
Google translate gives me "Inge Ole", which are a female and a male northern name respectively, so I don't know what you mean. Please use English as a language on this forum (if you need help by programs, do so, and you can keep the original language in the request to make it clearer to those others speaking it).

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Google translate gives me "Inge Ole", which are a female and a male northern name respectively, so I don't know what you mean. Please use English as a language on this forum (if you need help by programs, do so, and you can keep the original language in the request to make it clearer to those others speaking it).
I got the same result, which didn't make it any clearer than before.

starlink12

Mar 12, 2020
Im having an issue where the game will randomly just close. I can only make it through about a day in game before the game will completely close out, it also seems to happen if I click into another program and then back into Sylphine, I even tried reinstalling it from scratch and am still having the issue, anyone have any ideas?

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Im having an issue where the game will randomly just close. I can only make it through about a day in game before the game will completely close out, it also seems to happen if I click into another program and then back into Sylphine, I even tried reinstalling it from scratch and am still having the issue, anyone have any ideas?
it sounds like a windows thing and might be a ... 'V' .. shh .. not to worry . run a quick scan and restart computer. That is my 'Guess'. there is a 'glitch' trying to get a toe hold and needs to be cleaned. i have had similar issues over the yrs with some of these games and it is bothersome but never a Real problem.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
In the game's folder, there should be a file named traceback.txt and/or errors.txt. What do they say?

starlink12

Mar 12, 2020
In the game's folder, there should be a file named traceback.txt and/or errors.txt. What do they say?
I have a log but no traceback or error txts. Renpy is also not giving any errors or traceback/rollback in game, just crashing completely. It may be a driver error as I did update my drivers today before starting to play, let me roll back and I will update on if its a driver issue.

starlink12

Mar 12, 2020
I have a log but no traceback or error txts. Renpy is also not giving any errors or traceback/rollback in game, just crashing completely. It may be a driver error as I did update my drivers today before starting to play, let me roll back and I will update on if its a driver issue.
Seems like rolling back the drivers worked, so just a heads up for anyone having the same issue. 466.77 is what I went back to and it fixed it.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Just picked this up on Steam. Were the girls' last names changed for the Steam release (except Alex)? The navigation is getting better, though it still isn't perfect lol. And we finally got an auto-forward button, yay. Looking forward to V3.

Mogrim665

Nov 11, 2017
Having a problem with travel. Can not go between realms, so once the story gets me to the magical realm I can't go back to the non-magical world. The same situation pops up when you go to Hirano Castle, can't return to Ellesmere the town. Also the map icon next to the heart icon has not worked since going to the magic realm. Or maybe I have taken one to many hits to the head and can't figure it out.

Reactions: Glacerose

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Having a problem with travel. Can not go between realms, so once the story gets me to the magical realm I can't go back to the non-magical world. The same situation pops up when you go to Hirano Castle, can't return to Ellesmere the town. Also the map icon next to the heart icon has not worked since going to the magic realm. Or maybe I have taken one to many hits to the head and can't figure it out.
Hey there, I've gotten reports of the map issue but haven't been able to get anyone to pinpoint exactly where it broke. Do you happen to remember what you were doing/who you were talking to when the map broke? You *should* be able to fix it by entering a conversation with someone though.

And as for going between the dimensions, you click "The Crystal" in ellesmere to go to the human dimension. I realize this isn't exactly intuitive and will be fixed in the next update.

Reactions: Mogrim665

Mogrim665

Nov 11, 2017
Hey there, I've gotten reports of the map issue but haven't been able to get anyone to pinpoint exactly where it broke. Do you happen to remember what you were doing/who you were talking to when the map broke? You *should* be able to fix it by entering a conversation with someone though.

And as for going between the dimensions, you click "The Crystal" in ellesmere to go to the human dimension. I realize this isn't exactly intuitive and will be fixed in the next update.
No clue on the conversation part. But, since it is known and being looked for, I will just go back to a prior save and play through other content before going to Ellesmere. Bugs are a part of the experience to me at this stage in my life. Still not as bad as Cyberpunk 2077.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes