Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
To the NTR police: facepalm me all you want, my definition of NTR is way more strict than yours and I don't get jealous from random guys on the internet hitting on my girl. For fuck's sake, I had once a guy claiming MC was NTRed by a vibrator... after that.. I simply cannot take the NTR police serious.
I can believe it. I've seen the argument that the two women interacting with each other during a threesome is a turn off (threatening?).

The thing is, I have heard about guys in real relationships dealing very badly with the thought of "their woman" feeling the desire to use toys, masturbating on their own, or rubbing their clitoris during vaginal sex to help them climax.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I think some games just need a "Fragile Male Ego" warning.
This game is certified FME SAFE. Enjoy
This game may be considered hazardous to FMEs. Continue at your own risk.
While I tend to dislike everything that would save humans from anger and despair, I think you have a good idea in your hands, for the greater (evil) good.

Reactions: Dragon59

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I still have to play this game as sandbox are a strong turn off for me.. but I've been following for a while now and I heard about the Camgirl drama from a friend.. Am I the only one that finds it hot? Can we encourage her to keep doing it?

To the NTR police: facepalm me all you want, my definition of NTR is way more strict than yours and I don't get jealous from random guys on the internet hitting on my girl. For fuck's sake, I had once a guy claiming MC was NTRed by a vibrator... after that.. I simply cannot take the NTR police serious.
You're not the only one. Yes, as I understand it you can encourage her to keep on doing it (and I hope that leads to more such content in the future. Those who don't like it don't have to see it.) There's nothing remotely NTR about it either. It's clear that Lillian is the MC's if he wants her. There's not even any relationship with anyone else.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
On the subject of calling a cam girl a whore. If this is where your mind goes, the problem is you, not her.

The only time it's acceptable to call a girl a whore is in the context of a consensual sexual encounter where she gets off on it. Or she's indulging your sexual fantasy, knowing that you don't really think she's a whore and would never say it in any other circumstance, and she gets off on fulfilling your fantasy. Unless she's a willing participant, just don't. The only one who comes off looking bad is you.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
You're not the only one. Yes, as I understand it you can encourage her to keep on doing it (and I hope that leads to more such content in the future. Those who don't like it don't have to see it.) There's nothing remotely NTR about it either. It's clear that Lillian is the MC's if he wants her. There's not even any relationship with anyone else.
Not a threat to the relationship unless the player makes it so.
On the subject of calling a cam girl a whore. If this is where your mind goes, the problem is you, not her.

The only time it's acceptable to call a girl a whore is in the context of a consensual sexual encounter where she gets off on it. Or she's indulging your sexual fantasy, knowing that you don't really think she's a whore and would never say it in any other circumstance, and she gets off on fulfilling your fantasy. Unless she's a willing participant, just don't. The only one who comes off looking bad is you.
Yeah. Very cringy, and says more about the speaker than the subject. I even have a hard time being comfortable with term "camgirl," since they are all adults, some in their 40s and 50s.

Reactions: dexter111

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah. Very cringy, and says more about the speaker than the subject. I even have a hard time being comfortable with term "camgirl," since they are all adults, some in their 40s and 50s.
To be fair, the one we're discussing here can safely be called younger than that :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It has little to do with male fragile ego's. The comparison with overdrinking once in a while was made by the dev and though alcoholism is a really serious problem as well, camming can be better compared to taking heroin or smoking crack. It will hurt you over time and will have way too many negative consequences that never will go away with the internet. To put it forward to do as a good thing for a young woman as Lilian sucks. Now in a world where it would be less stigmated it might be bit better especially for the females and males concerned, but working in the sex industry with everything it brings with it is not empowering even if you are a wiccan, nor a great thing.

It might be a necessary choice for some and a forced one for others, but never a great or empowering one that makes people really happy even if brings easy money for a while. That is why I dislike seeing camming treated as a positive thing as it is in this game or a great career choice to make money.

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
So, the solution is to perpetuate the negative stereotype that being a cam girl makes someone damaged goods?

I've watched a fair number of cam shows. You know what I've not found? Recordings of the shows spread across the internet. Cam shows are streamed live, not uploaded. People can capture screen recordings but it's rare to find them uploaded online. The idea that if they do it for a couple of years and then try to get a "regular" job they'll find it difficult because prospective employers will easily find their content seems misguided. And the number of employers who won't even look is significant. Some jobs may be out (jobs where public image is super important, possibly, so employers will scour the internet for anything that may harm their public image.) Many won't.

Is it zero risk? No. Is it a guarantee of a ruined life? Doesn't seem so to me.

What seems really weird here is that we're arguing about this in a game (among many) focused on unrealistic sexual activities. The idea that this game will influence young women to (debatably) destroy their lives by streaming naked is odd. The idea that anyone should be deriving life goals from these games is silly, and I very much doubt any female players will suddenly go "yes, I should do that." And if we're going to focus on anything, how about "won't these games make guys think they deserve a harem of girls who are always ready and wiling to fuck, and any girl who won't share is selfish?"

Or could we just say "these are fantasy games, let's treat them as such"?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Cam shows are streamed live, not uploaded. People can capture screen recordings but it's rare to find them uploaded online.
Not commenting on the general gist of your post, but I consider this quoted part a bit optimistic. I searched for certain girls and I had no problem finding videos galore of what I was looking for. Via simple search on the net, or using some peer-to-peer sharing software it is no problem at all. And I am no expert at "getting my hands on stuff".

Now the main thing of course is not "will people find videos once they know the camgirl exists" but "will I realize that Steph Meyer who is my date/acquaintance/applying for a job at my company is indeed 'SexyCandy97'?", which is a different beast. But the videos are there. And they likely won't go away.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Not commenting on the general gist of your post, but I consider this quoted part a bit optimistic. I searched for certain girls and I had no problem finding videos galore of what I was looking for. Via simple search on the net, or using some peer-to-peer sharing software it is no problem at all. And I am no expert at "getting my hands on stuff".

Now the main thing of course is not "will people find videos once they know the camgirl exists" but "will I realize that Steph Meyer who is my date/acquaintance/applying for a job at my company is indeed 'SexyCandy97'?", which is a different beast. But the videos are there. And they likely won't go away.
Fair point. I have not in the past had much luck, though trying today it seems easier than it used to be. Difficult to say how it would go longer term if I tried with multiple different girls, but I found a couple, and clearly there is some out there (which I never denied.)

What I was really responding to was the paranoia of "it's out there, everywhere, guaranteed, and everyone you ever interview for will find it immediately," which I find vastly overstated. As you say, finding it requires connecting the person in front of you with their online cam persona. And assumes every cam girl gets recorded and uploaded.

Last edited:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Caming is very safe so safe that as long as they are not found out, location of home actual appearance etc your wont find her being stalked kidnapped gang raped and left in the desert for dead... ohhh wait that only happened to someone I know that thought caming was safe.... Yes a lot of people also record and repost cam shows, information is leaked by hackers to the location of some of them forcing them to move or stop and hide their identity. the girl I knew that had this happen to her had to literally leave the country because they would not stop trying to find her.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

I mean, I don't mind calling a promiscuous girl a whore or a slut. It is the very definition.

But then again, I am myself a slut/whore/promiscuous person...

Thing is, I don't see promiscuity as something wrong. Problem lies in disloyalty, if you want, someone that cannot be faithful* when that is the arrangement with their partner, but if you are single and you want to fuck around, great for you.

*And this also comes from a person that has pretty much always been a cheating bastard.

So no, I don't mind calling men or women whore or sluts if they are, but again, my point of view in this matter tend do be extremely biased as for me it does not carry a negative content.

Reactions: johnelros

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hello all!

Please excuse any typos in this message, I'm gonna be rambling a bit and I'm typing this through a massive panic-attack (yay, anxiety issues), so I'll likely have some spots that barely make sense. But this is the big followup announcement to my last post!

First, I want to start off by saying that if you feel strongly about this announcement once you read it, please, and I mean please message me, I will gladly refund your last month pledge. I already know many will be upset and It's the least I can do. You can either contact me here or at GlaceroseDev@gmail.com, and I will remedy it by sending your last month pledge back through your preferred payment method.

So, as I said in my last post, I bought a dedicated rendering PC, and with that new power I planned to do a lot of changes to the game, and I want to outline some of those changes and more importantly, outline WHY I'm making them.

The first big change are the character models. As some of you know, I had a game before this called Sylphia Island. This game was made in Honey Select, and Sylphine is a remake of that game. It has the same main characters who look approximately the same.

I quite honestly am *sick* of the look. When I first learned this program I was a complete newbie of course, so I just copied my Honey Select characters. And while of course I don't think they look bad, I just dislike the look. It's not what I as an artist want, it's just... it's not me.

So my first thing I did with my new PC was to redesign the main girls of Sylphine. Posted below are their new counterparts. Posted in order from Alex, Celeste, Gracie, Lillian, and Serra.

1625902626176.png

1625902653534.png

1625902664798.png

1625902674518.png

1625902682305.png
Note. None of these are 100% finalized. Hair and wardrobe changes are possible.

Now, I can already hear many of you screaming at the monitor, and believe me, I get your frustrations, so I want to explain a bit why I did this.

I first designed these characters nearly 3 years ago, I was going through a terrible breakout, I was near suicidal, and I wanted something, anything to latch onto. So... of course, I latched onto game development. I made these characters, their designs, and I just stuck with it. I've been with those same designs since then, and my vision has evolved since then. My internal vision of these characters has changed, and my skill has increased. I want my work to really mirror what I see these characters as. Alex, an older woman with a love for her "family", Celeste, a Tsundere with a sweet side, Gracie, a nature lover and extremely cheerful person, Lillian, the lazy gamer, and Serra, the quirky bookworm.

In my mind, these new designs embody these descriptions, they in my mind, are exactly what I believe they should be. Again, I know many of you will disagree, and I am truly sorry. It hurts me to type this because I know I'll be disappointing people, but I just... I just needed it to change.

Along with these cosmetic changes, personality changes are also occurring. Alex will be a bit less "Mommy" like, and a bit older-sister like. Celeste will be more distinct in her two sides, a very harsh tsundere side, and an extremely warm loving side. No more wishy washy middle ground. Gracie will be just as cheerful as ever, but with a renewed love for the outdoors. Lillian... well, I'm gonna be honest, Lillian is gonna be the same. And Serra will have a larger focus on her bookworm part of personality, a bit less focus on her extreme quirkiness. This will also lead to a bit less strange third person speech.

Ramble ramble ramble, yada yada yada, that's the first big news.

The second big news is the story/locations of the game.

I'm extremely happy with the GENERAL story of Sylphine, and plan to keep it, the war, the conflicts, it's all staying, but in V.02 I made a big fuckup that quite honestly has stressed me out to no end. I split the world into TWO dimensions...

As a developer this pains me to say, but it was a major fuckup. I should have NEVER done that. Having to maintain all those in game locations, all the characters, all the ambient events, balancing the two worlds... I have to be honest, It's simply too much for me. It really is... I just can't do it. It killed my motivation and I've been driven to tears a few times trying to work it all (Sorry, I know this sounds whiny, I just have really bad anxiety issues, even through the Lexapro it comes through sometimes)

I plan to reinvent the story with the same basis but a new world.

Sylphine will instead take place in a Modern/Magic mixed world in ONE dimension. A world where magic exists and permeates throughout the whole world. You can go to the local beach and see beach-goers and maybe a mermaid or two in the water. You can go to the local cafe and maybe the hostess will heat your coffee with her phoenix powers. You can go to the park and see a demi-bird-girl sitting in the tree, fluttering around in the breeze.

I am, at the simplest, merging the two dimensions together. This will also include some story changes to support that that I want to keep secret as of now as to not spoil to much.

This is another change I hate making as many will be disappointed, but the two dimensions is just simply too much, I opened way too wide of a swathe and just can't do it, I get panic attacks just trying to plan it all...

I apologize from the bottom of my heart, but I will doing my best to capture the same mystical feeling in the new, condensed, universe.

As for locations in the game, my skill in Daz3D has increased exponentially since I first began development. I have more assets to work with and have gotten so much better at design (Not to mention my new rendering PC that has 3x the vram of my last one).

I will be making the new locations in the universe much more lively, and will make the rooms MUCH less basic. They'll be more details and interactables than ever, and I can support this as I will not longer have to maintain two whole dimensions and 30 something locations anymore.

The last news is the mechanics in the game. This revamp will allow me to, from the ground up, touch up mechanics in the game. From interactions with the girls, to new choices in the story to affect the world. This can range from small dialogue choices that will give you a new conversation or small scene, to major choices that can affect how a character thinks of your MC. This will again be easier to do, as the grand scope of the game is being reduced.

To all of you who have read this far, I again apologize. I just hope you understand my reasoning and can forgive me. I want to make the best game for you all, and I simply cannot do that if I have stretched myself too thin and backed myself into a corner with the designs and development pathway.

I'm taking a step back, eating my pride, and letting you all know that I have fucked up, and am working diligently to fix this.

Again, if you do not agree with these changes and desire a refund, PLEASE message me either on Patreon or at GlaceroseDev@gmail.com and I will happily refund your last month pledge. It is the LEAST I can do to all you supporters. You've been with me through a lot, and I really can't thank you all enough.

Whew... well, that went on longer than I planned... at least the panic attack is wearing off a bit... thank you all again, seriously. If you have any questions about this big rambly mess please message me or comment and I will do my best to answer them once I wake up, I need to sleep a bit now, I've been stressing about typing this so much I think I stressed myself out of all my energy. <3

Thanks again... see you all soon. <3 <3

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Glacerose First impressions... please take these as representing my personal taste. I'll probably never like all models in all games and that's okay, it's just like life where I don't like all women.

Alex: love the new look.
Celeste: Neutral. I liked how she looked before, I like her new look as much.
Gracie: I accept this is how you want her to look but it drops her way down the list of my favourites in terms of appearance.
Lillian: I don't like her new hair (particularly I've always disliked the fringe cut style.) Otherwise I like her new look.
Serra: I like her a lot more now. If the odd speech is also toned down she'll probably move up my list.

Naturally, others will differ in their reactions.

Merging the two worlds sounds good to me. I think it could make the story more interesting. And if it makes development easier that's a nice bonus.

Some people will be concerned that this is a revamp to a revamp, and that's understandable. I choose to have confidence that it will be an improvement. It's unfortunate that this no doubt means waiting longer for a new version. But I'll be happy to replay from the start when it comes.

I don't think any of this came across as whiny. It's honest. I wish I had the courage to me more honest with people about things with which I struggle.

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
My two cents:
I like the new Alex, though I liked the old one as well. I just think her skin maybe a little too smooth.
Celeste's look I didn't really like before and I don't think I'll like the new one much better, but it's certainly not worse.
The new Gracie looks nice, but I think it misses her sweetness, at least in that render. Looks a little too much like a tough farm girl to me.
From a first look, I think I really dislike Lillian's new hairstyle and I don't know whether it is the eyes or the overall shape of the face, but something puts me off. The old one wasn't really my favorite either, but this would surely be my least favorite character now.
The new Serra looks much better than the old one, I think, and I really appreciate the weird talk being toned down a little. She looks very masculine though, maybe some more feminine vibes wouldn't hur.
In general, I'm very positive about the much more realistic look without too weird haircolors. Maybe with a few small adaptations, they would be even lovelier, but they are already great. The renders also look stunning in terms of quality.
I'm pretty neutral about merging the two worlds. On the one hand, it was something special, then on the other hand it was challenging to deal with this split before for me as well. So, I'm looking forward to see the new concept.
Keep up the great work!

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes