Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'll be real and say I don't exactly think they're very truthful about their whole mental health situation. I personally think it's a lot worse than they've let on which is why it's gotten to this point to begin with.
If that is the case, I wish them the best.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
If that is the case, I wish them the best.
I mean I do too, but I'm also going to be realistic about the whole situation. If their mental health is effecting them bad enough they believe they have to scrap the entire concept to begin with, literally one update after already scrapping the previous build, I just... don't conceivably see a way for them to actually follow through with the project. I understand perfectly well how depression debilitates someone, causes them to second guess everything they do, the anxiety that follows with it, that you're not good enough and could do better, with a perfectionist personality. I'm not saying my case is exactly the same. But I know very well what the drive to give up feels like when you think you've hit your own wall. I just.. hope they can get over it, conquer it and put out something despite it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I mean I do too, but I'm also going to be realistic about the whole situation. If their mental health is effecting them bad enough they believe they have to scrap the entire concept to begin with, literally one update after already scrapping the previous build, I just... don't conceivably see a way for them to actually follow through with the project. I understand perfectly well how depression debilitates someone, causes them to second guess everything they do, the anxiety that follows with it, that you're not good enough and could do better, with a perfectionist personality. I'm not saying my case is exactly the same. But I know very well what the drive to give up feels like when you think you've hit your own wall. I just.. hope they can get over it, conquer it and put out something despite it.
This ongoing discussion hits close to home. I have clinical depression and ADHD(pi) (previously known as ADD). I know that not being satisfied with my work is a real danger to my project, so I'm trying to manage those impulses.

Based upon initial feedback from people whose opinions I trust, I decided to redo the first character in one of the games I'm making. I was still in the first scene, so I felt is was not a bad thing. I'm actually happier with the second model. Fortunately, I have a number of RL friends in my corner to offer constructive criticism. I think it is especially important for us "troubled artists," to have a RL support structure.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
This ongoing discussion hits close to home. I have clinical depression and ADHD(pi) (previously known as ADD). I know that not being satisfied with my work is a real danger to my project, so I'm trying to manage those impulses.

Based upon initial feedback from people whose opinions I trust, I decided to redo the first character in one of the games I'm making. I was still in the first scene, so I felt is was not a bad thing. I'm actually happier with the second model. Fortunately, I have a number of RL friends in my corner to offer constructive criticism. I think it is especially important for us "troubled artists," to have a RL support structure.
I have persistent depressive disorder, and often times fall into double depression. It's a literal wall I have to climb every day. Some days it takes superhuman strength just to get out of bed. I am beyond humbled I have a loving family who's willing to support me in days like that. Because my base mood is depressed, and when you add depression on top of standard 'crippling' depression some things actually seem physically and mentally impossible for me. I have so many projects I've given up on, so many goals I've given up on. The only reason I can even manage visual novels and such is because for me, they're books, not games. Reading is like the one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to give up on because books were such an important thing for me to get past my childhood. It's quite an easy thing for me to say that if it weren't for reading I wouldn't be here. I legitimately mean that and know that fact to my soul. Games, I can't even get 10 minutes into on a bad day. All I can hope is that Glace finds peace and satisfaction with their works eventually.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dragon59

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
Thread is too depressing

Needs moar tits
Yeah it does. Just downloaded this game. It was recommended in another thread... haven't played yet. Just reading some of the pages
Cons: this is the 3rd remake of a game, dev is having mental health issues, and the last update was in May
Pros: Models are hot & dev has a good sense of humor

Anything else?

Without know the names of the characters, which one has the best boobs? (Most provide name and pic or you are a troll.) ;) Thanks for your assistance and have a wonderful day.

Reactions: Berty_123456

Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
I'm responding to an old post... I like to read older ones to see what was already talked about...

I am aware of the slowness of combat, and while i cant at this time have you skipping transitions, I am going to double the speed of them so it goes by faster

At this time no, relationship points do nothing
Will relationship points at some time have an effect?

And i know many of the girls are hit and miss, some really hate Serra, some find Gracie's excitedness annoying, etc etc. While I cant really retroactively change that, I hope the girls you do like will make up for it. I tried to make sure theres someone for everyone.
I am aware that you are re-working the game; however, I like that the girls have different personalities. Alex & Serra are my favorite and Gracie is my least favorite. Everyone is going to have a different opinion. The librarian is smoking hot though. I call dibs!

One "bug", is, I believe it's on Saturday evening, Alex drinks in her bedroom and you can join her. When she's going to bed, you can peek and see that "she sleeps naked"; however, if you have unlocked sleeping with her, she is not naked when you join her. Just saying. I think that needs to be fixed! =) Oh and I actually did not discover that scene until I was already finished with all story content. I'm wondering if I missed anything else...

I have really enjoyed playing the game. The girls are amazing and I really do like their looks, but I know you are changing that. I do like that you actually changed the remakes to add in their colors. I like that aspect of the game. The animations are top notch and there are a LOT of areas to explore.

I wish you the best with your health and I hope you will be able to get the new version out with additional content soon.

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
I have been a supporter since the game was newer. However, I haven't played in a few updates because the dev keeps changing, redoing, and restarting. I don't want to keep restarting. Now he is having anxiety/mental issues. Supposedly he can't even go on vacation without his issues ruining it. I can give people some time, some leeway, a bit of compassion, etc. But, it has gone on long enough. I understand people have issues, but sometimes you need to suck it up and go forward no matter how hard it is. It's hard, yes. But, that's life man. I mean, even his wife has anxiety. What is it with younger people these days? (I am in my late 40's)

I suggest you get the HELL off of social media. Twitter, Facebook, etc. DROP IT. It's not helping, at all. PERIOD. It is my opinion that half the reason younger people are having these issues more is because of the bombardment of media and social media continually. The majority of it is negative. It's all toxic. I used to have anxiety attacks when I was young, but I sucked it up and dealt with it, no meds. Meds turn you into something you are not. I work in Pharmacy, I know. It's my job. Diet, living and life atmosphere are things to look into for better mental health.

Focus on the game, put your mind on things to occupy it. That always helps. But, it's time to keep the game on track and stop changing things continually. Set a goal, and move forward.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I have been a supporter since the game was newer. However, I haven't played in a few updates because the dev keeps changing, redoing, and restarting. I don't want to keep restarting. Now he is having anxiety/mental issues. Supposedly he can't even go on vacation without his issues ruining it. I can give people some time, some leeway, a bit of compassion, etc. But, it has gone on long enough. I understand people have issues, but sometimes you need to suck it up and go forward no matter how hard it is. It's hard, yes. But, that's life man. I mean, even his wife has anxiety. What is it with younger people these days? (I am in my late 40's)

I suggest you get the HELL off of social media. Twitter, Facebook, etc. DROP IT. It's not helping, at all. PERIOD. It is my opinion that half the reason younger people are having these issues more is because of the bombardment of media and social media continually. The majority of it is negative. It's all toxic. I used to have anxiety attacks when I was young, but I sucked it up and dealt with it, no meds. Meds turn you into something you are not. I work in Pharmacy, I know. It's my job. Diet, living and life atmosphere are things to look into for better mental health.

Focus on the game, put your mind on things to occupy it. That always helps. But, it's time to keep the game on track and stop changing things continually. Set a goal, and move forward.
Ahhh so I was right. I remembered something along the lines of him having mental health issues. I was pretty sure it was that. Anyway, thanks for verifying what I'd already thought. This game's just not going to go anywhere. Glad I stopped supporting when I did. I knew him redoing everything for a third time was going to come bite him in the ass.

Aeh2Zeh

Dec 30, 2020

I so agree with this. I'm in my 40s as well, own my own IT service dealing with "high and mighty CEOs" I have to meet a deadline to meet with the deadline of the worker set by the Boss of the Boss of the guy under the order of some shareholder, or a company starts losing 10s of thousands of dollars an hour. (In other words, I can manage stress) People these days freak out because a hair on their head is out of place.. UGH..

I'm not saying that all anxiety can be so simple, I know are any number of reasons behind anxiety, some can be relatively easily managed, and others can not be so easily managed. I deleted all my social media accounts 10 years ago and never looked back, best choice I ever made!

Ones self being should be priority. Take a step back Glace if you need to. Leave social media, leave F95, leave Sylphine behind if you need, get your mind right, take your life back, and be happy. Sure I'm of the 100s of people of which would like to see this VN finished, but not at the cost of any persons wellbeing.

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
I was a supporter on Patreon but quit because they keep deciding to start over. It's poor planning in the development stages before anything is even coded. I keep checking to see if they have gotten their act together. I loved the first version of the characters, the second version was ok but I hate the new ones so I won't be playing further unless they are revised yet again. I keep checking back because I hope the developer is doing ok.

Glacerose stated on Patreon that they have social anxiety, hypochondria, and imposter syndrome and they have given up on treating their social anxiety and hypochondria. The imposter syndrome makes them doubt their work and abilities. Doesn't sound promising for their real life progress aside from game development. Hopefully they realize that they must have professional treatment for all of their afflictions or the cycle they are in will keep repeating.

I myself suffer from attention deficit disorder, social anxiety, panic attacks, depression, bi-polar disorder, and borderline personality disorder. Thanks to ongoing therapy and mediation I've managed a successful, unblemished, 25 year career in project management at a fortune 500 company. Prior to therapy and medication I was a mess in my professional and personal life. It can be done but it's hard work everyday.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
each guild side girls are they really locked out if you chose a specific guild?

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes