Tor7

Jun 10, 2021
each guild side girls are they really locked out if you chose a specific guild?
It is irrelevant. Right now, you can interact with everyone in the guilds; however, the story does not go far enough for you to really do anything with them and there will be no more updates for this version. The game is being totally revamped and these elements will, if they even exist, be very different.

For those who don't know, I subbed and played the test version last month, the story is being rewritten as a battle between angels and demons. You can pick which side you want to be on. It has a very different feel from the fantasy theme this game had moved into. There wasn't really enough content to say how things worked out. There is still a "magical" element to it, but it's not the same. The girls' looks are decent and from the post I saw, the tweaks he has made since then make them look even better (or at least more in line with what I like.) Personally, I prefer them as they are in the game as it is now, but the new models might grow on me and once (if) it's released. Regardless, new players won't know any difference.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Latest news from Patreon.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope it was fantastic for you all!

In celebration of the special day, here's a render of Celeste! I also have some news about the playtest~

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

First, apologies for the radio silence the past week!

I've been super hard at work getting the playtest up and ready, and again neglected to really keep you all on Patreon up to date, instead just communicating on Discord. I promise to work on this, it's honestly a hard habit to break, just messaging on Discord.

Apologies being said, the playtest is close, the last two things I need to do are finish the sprite system (some characters are getting different sprites to reflect small outfit/body changes) and I'm working on a rainy day system, where as some days it may rain, meaning girls will cancel outdoor activities to unlock new indoor ones.

Thanks all for reading, and again, hope you all had a great Valentines day!

Last edited:

Xros23

Sep 29, 2021
Understandable. It was an attempt to create Vellus Hair

The small hairs found throughout the body, but maybe I overdid it. I'll take a second look at it, but I do plan to at least keep the arm and stomach, as for the most part women do not shave those body parts. But I can definitely remove the legs.
Hey, Glacerose! I'm super interested in the game, but curious about the hair. Are the girls still hairy like Serra, etc. If you're taking opinions, I'd very much appreciate if you kept whatever hair you've already added or even add more. I find games that go the extra mile for realism, i.e. body hair, acne, stretch marks, to be far more enjoyable to play. That added realism just does something for me that the other 99% of games that lack those attributes don't. Keep up the great work! It's greatly appreciated! Can't wait to start playing!
Add: Can't wait to see Alex, Lillian and Serra's bushes! Just heard about that from a much earlier post. P.S. Is the game link for the previous versions? I downloaded and started playing, but the characters look entirely different from the posted redesigns

Last edited:
Reactions: damnedfrog

PAxej

Jan 7, 2021
The Dev decided that the story having two separate worlds was too hard to make the content for/write the story for (which, I can see how that would make things harder), and so is in the middle of a rewrite. At the same time, they also decided they wanted to change up the models to align more with their personal vision (which a lot of people feel was unnecessary).

I think it sucks that we have to wait for what is the 3rd or 4th remake on a game with a lot of promise, but I understand the importance of working on something that you feel you can accomplish and suits your vision, so I get why they did it.

There are people who say that this is a pattern of behaviour and are worried that they'll never stop reworking the beginning of the game, and I can understand where they're coming from, for sure. I'm just going to remain hopeful this is the last time, personally, 'cause I'd like to see the game go forward.

Narrator: this would not be the last time Sylphine was "remade"

Xros23

Sep 29, 2021
Honestly, I just hope Glacerose is okay and that he can get this done. I've been playing through the og download on here and it's pretty great. I'm super stoked to see the new models, storyline and sex scenes he includes. Don't give up, bro! You've got this!

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Latest news from Patreon.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope it was fantastic for you all!

In celebration of the special day, here's a render of Celeste! I also have some news about the playtest~

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

First, apologies for the radio silence the past week!

I've been super hard at work getting the playtest up and ready, and again neglected to really keep you all on Patreon up to date, instead just communicating on Discord. I promise to work on this, it's honestly a hard habit to break, just messaging on Discord.

Apologies being said, the playtest is close, the last two things I need to do are finish the sprite system (some characters are getting different sprites to reflect small outfit/body changes) and I'm working on a rainy day system, where as some days it may rain, meaning girls will cancel outdoor activities to unlock new indoor ones.

Thanks all for reading, and again, hope you all had a great Valentines day!

Ancient Celeste was a true Goddess.
I didn't like the current Celeste.

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
Patreon latest update
March 2,2022 at 9:40pm

Hello all.

Im being tested for thyroid/adrenal gland cancer and having genetic work done to determine if I have a medical disorder. Then I need to meet with an endocrinologist to discuss my outlook going forward.

There will be a few days delay on any posts due to this. Im really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Patreon latest update
March 2,2022 at 9:40pm

Hello all.

Im being tested for thyroid/adrenal gland cancer and having genetic work done to determine if I have a medical disorder. Then I need to meet with an endocrinologist to discuss my outlook going forward.

There will be a few days delay on any posts due to this. Im really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
legitimately not surprised at this point.

packor

Oct 11, 2021
okay, going to insert my thoughts.

Should be obvious that this project isn't going anywhere by now. If you still believe otherwise, I feel sorry for you.

I haven't experienced any of the previous versions, only this one: 0.024. Not just myself, but several people have expressed that they thought it was too ambitious: Ambitious renders, big story, combat system, many side characters, big world... 2 worlds.

Sylphia seems to have started around 2018, so it has been 4 years for this project. One of the biggest excuses AUDIENCE members give devs is that it takes time to make a game. What is it that takes so much time, really. You need to code all the mechanics and systems. Once it's established, content isn't actually that hard to put into it. In this build, how many working systems are actually present? Basic early game travel and scenes are about it. There's also maybe 5% of the overall planned content actually implemented. The combat system is basic and rudimentary. In such an ambitious game, this portion is completely lacking. It can't even match the system already present in Knightly Passions. It feels like the beat-them-up "demo" that Yandev put out for YanSim, unrealistic and rough. If the foundation wasn't worked on, and there's no actual story or content, then what was actually worked on? character models?

If we assume that this game will actually complete. It would probably take another 10 years. Just think about the scope that the dev promised for the game and the % that has actually been delivered so far. You can continue to support if you want. I do not judge other people's income or what they want to spend it on. You should just at least be realistic with what your returns are. And I don't care about personal issues. Personal excuses DON'T MATTER in business. You deliver or you don't. If progress is delayed, you still have to make progress. Anyone can make an excuse for why work is not completed. It doesn't change that no work was done. Most importantly, you have to realize that progress won't magically appear in the future because there "were issues now".

I don't think Slyph is a lost cause. The ambition was simply too big. NO ONE starts BIG. It's not possible. You don't have the resources to see it through. Looking at a fairly successful series like Chloe18; it only took about a year for the Chloe18 to complete. That was in 2018, and GDS has already released 4 other games. His games get bigger and bigger, and Fake Family is close to the scale of what Slyph hopes to accomplish.

I also don't think Glace should have started with a game. From what I see, he's very verbose, and the story is more suited to a light novel(with the occasional picture) than a visual game. (That's assuming that no plagarism was involved. If all the stories were just fished off the net, then that's too bad...) That'd be a more appropriate place to start, and could always build up from that and make a game in the future. I don't believe he's capable of making a game with a combat system at this point, and trying to make a full scale game is what we have right now.

Last edited:

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I'm not certain that the dev will ever complete the game, but I'm also not certain they won't. I've enjoyed what I've played, and as long as it seems like they're working on it, I'll follow their work, and I'll keep trying what they put out. I'm not likely to support them any time soon, personally, but I also don't begrudge people who do. I think the quality of the work is excellent, and I'm willing to have a wait and see attitude toward what might happen in the future because of it.

I also don't blame anyone who wants to give up and move on. Given the track record it's understandable. Still, I'm gonna stick around until something makes it no longer worth the little bit of occasional attention the thread requires of me.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I hate hopping back into the discord but here. He didn't think to tell any of his patrons or anything. But yeah.
Like I thought, he was perfectly fine other than sleep apnea. Anyways, I'll see y'all in another month or two when his computer melts down and he loses all his progress because he doesn't back up anything or something idk.
Screenshot (1448).png

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes