Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Is it really impossible to fix this stupid error "Exception: Say has image attributes (u'happy1,), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character" without restarting the game?
I can start the game over (not always), but only if it's a visual or kinetic novel. In the case of sandbox - NO. Especially one where there is much more physical work than pure fun.

And please correct the addressing of the character "[mcname]" instead of the one selected in the game :cry:
This occurs when you don't start a new save like it says to do

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I can start the game over (not always), but only if it's a visual or kinetic novel. In the case of sandbox - NO. Especially one where there is much more physical work than pure fun.
General hint: don't play games in development then. While devs are doing their best, continuity problems can always happen, save breaking bugs, new developments forcing to change the save structure. This is more true for Sandbox than for VN than for KN, but can happen in all of them and you need to be prepared for that possibility (emotionally I mean, you cannot prepare technically).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
uh...I am a little bit disappointed that Alex looks like a teenager, I was expecting an older/mature look...not old but more a woman going into her 40s look.
Well she is not in her 40's though. She seems to have been more a late teen or early twenty when the other woman from dreams was still alive, so likely we are talking early to mid 30's for Alice now. Maybe even bit younger if forget about stated age of MC and go by his behavior which would indicate at max 15 yo. :) (Disclaimer: I did not play the leaked version yet so maybe some things were changed after public release of verison 1 in behavior of MC or backstory of Alice)

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
This literally makes 0 sense.
there are literally people raging that they have to start over because of changes and are done with the game because they don't want to. in a pre alpha release. im not saying that the specific scenario the other guy mentioned is going to happen en masse, but yes, this is actually a thing that happens. someone thought their save file would be gold in a .000001 release of a game and then surprise! mechanics change. quests change. a bird farts too hard. and you have to restart. and people don't continue playing. or dialogue is rough wince its a rough draft basically. and people quit. or pictures are placeholders in some spots while they are being rendered. and people quit. or there happens to be some game breaking bug. and people quit. its definitely possible, and at the very least, in theory, could hurt the development of the game.

not to say the opposite of that scenario isn't also a thing. where people like the game from the pre alpha and then subscribe to increase the developers revenue. it seems pretty unlikely that without letting it happen and measuring the outcome anyone could predict which will work out better. but saying it makes zero sense is a gross oversimplification.

Reactions: NeimadFR

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Well regardless of the complaints I hope you all enjoy the game. I'm a solo dev whose still young and learning, trying to make a passion into a living. All I can hope is you all look past the alpha flaws and will give it a shot when the full v.02 is ready.

Thank you all so much

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Well regardless of the complaints I hope you all enjoy the game. I'm a solo dev whose still young and learning, trying to make a passion into a living. All I can hope is you all look past the alpha flaws and will give it a shot when the full v.02 is ready.

Thank you all so much
So far the vast majority of the things I've seen here have been positive, so I hope the people with negative comments don't bring you down too much Glacerose. While it can be valuable to consider any constructive criticism provided by the people playing your game, and it's possible you can improve or make it better by doing so, it is also true that you cannot please everyone. In the end you need to also be happy with your product. There are many of us who are extremely pleased with what we've seen from you so far, and while we might have things that we'd like to see, that would improve the game for us, sometimes those desires are going to be in conflict with one another, or with your vision - and unless there's a grave departure from what you've already shown us, we're going to love the game with or without the extra personal tweaks.

And finally some people just get angry, say nothing constructive at all, and just bitch about things without considering the current state of the game, or bothering to realize what stage of development it is in. These venomous reactions are best ignored in their entirety, as they do nothing to help you realize the dream that is your game.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019

Thank you all so much
Really, um, Peach Blossom was it, doesn't help with designing the girls?.
Also, don't worry dude, just ignore stupid people, honestly given you a young first-time dev, your work shits on a lot of the games here, especially quality-wise.

sherlock123k

Apr 8, 2020
Hey guys! I really liked Sylphia Island - was so sad to see it abandoned - and I was wondering how this game compares to it :D Seems like the story is changed a great deal.

Reactions: SlaveStates

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
well one upside to the whole "did it update or not" debacle is that I went back and replayed the first chapter and remembered why "Sylphine" is on my "must watch for updates" short-list ;)

Reactions: dmmt

SlaveStates

Oct 31, 2018
Is it really impossible to fix this stupid error "Exception: Say has image attributes (u'happy1,), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character" without restarting the game?

And please correct the addressing of the character "[mcname]" instead of the one selected in the game :cry:
While there are some actual full time devs on here, i'm sure most of these guys are artist, literary and graphical first and foremost, just using a programming tool (renpy)that runs on multiple operating systems to deliver us their art.

Have you really never seen an update break something before? You are running windows? :rolleyes:

Thank you all so much
As Prime Guy stated, you are doing great, good story, nice graphics. I wouldn't worry about a few people that cannot actually read that this is an unreleased alpha, the rest of us will straighten that out.

I mean you have 51 pages of praise before you have actually released anything publicly. (y) That should tell you how much your product is wanted/needed/desired

Reactions: Batman187

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Hey guys! I really liked Sylphia Island - was so sad to see it abandoned - and I was wondering how this game compares to it :D Seems like the story is changed a great deal.
I didn't play the island, but after one play through I became a patron, the story is good and interesting, the characters and also fun and interesting and varied, every character, even the guys are fuckable :ROFLMAO:, seriously it is crazy how good looking everyone is, it is mostly story-driven, and it is by far the best-rendered game on this site.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I am still utterly floored, that this is your 1st foray into Daz. You sir, have it mastered. (At least, your end results are sheer masterpieces.) These renders come alive like few others and look much less like 3d artwork than they do mental images from a recent memory. Between that incredible artwork and the fine writing, I feel like I am reading a truly wondrous high fantasy novel, and enjoying the story 1st hand as a 'fly on the wall' so to speak. (R.A. Salvatore ring any bells?)

All of which brings up one question...when you complete this tale, WTF are you gonna do to follow-up on this? Be like playing in a garage band, and finding out that ZZ-Top is the opener and you follow them.

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
still having that error, so deleted the game file, gonna re unzip and start a new game... hopefully I don't get the same error when I get back to that point

also, just curious is there any plans for any actual sexy time with any of the girls outside of the MC's fantasies?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
still having that error, so deleted the game file, gonna re unzip and start a new game... hopefully I don't get the same error when I get back to that point

also, just curious is there any plans for any actual sexy time with any of the girls outside of the MC's fantasies?
Remember this is a pre alpha that was leaked while meant to be tested by testers, so you might be better off waiting for official release.

The sex part, I think Glace wants to go slow and realistic, which is ofc disputable is really realistic since Mc has already relations with each of the women for years and they already have feelings for him, but it is the devs choice so likely will take a few more releases in the name of so called realism. :p

teabaiseach

Nov 12, 2017
The bug with the happy thing for the changed Alex is due to a old definition of af as Alex's father you can fix it in the console by doing the below

af = Character("Alex", color = "#FFFC3A", image = "alexform")

I imagine a new start will also fix it.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
I just saw the "quoted" notification...
The leaked link was from someone that replied to me here.. damn.. i feel bad, my comment wasnt me asking for a goddamn link. >.<
Ill wait until official release. Good ride you all.

• Angry
Reactions: Havik79
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes