ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
I played the first release and was very impressed by the images and the story. Concerning the gameplay, understanding that I have just started playing this version, I already see a vast improvement in navigating the environment. Instead of having to remember the door colors you can now just click on the appropriate icon. Since this not even an alpha but a prealpha version I would think the dev intends to add character locations for further ease of navigation.

Looking forward to completing this version and then replaying it from start when the finished "official" version is released. Great work Glacerose

Nov 24, 2019
af = Character("Alex", color = "#FFFC3A", image = "alexform")
For the record, putting this code on the special after_load label after an appropriate version check is what makes backwards compatibility possible. (when Ren'Py fails)

It is kinda a pain finding everything which changed (unless you use (and know how to use) a decent version control software like Git) and correcting it on after_load, though. (And not always you can magically fix everything with defaults. Specially if story changes).

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017
Correct. V.02 will have all the guild as possibilities, this is just the early alpha test of v.02
ok thats what i wanted to know i'am at that stage and i was floored that i only could choose one and unlucky for me it was the one i did not want xD

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
why people publish prealpha version, I really don't understand...

even if they are "rewards" or things like that, really, I don't

Qwasar

Apr 20, 2017
I didn't publish this, this was something for my patrons that got leaked.
as I said, and as you said, it was a "reward". Still, I don't want to discuss your standards, you're doing the job.

and yeah, I'm being a dick, sorry. It's just a very bad day.

Nov 24, 2019
Well, you need to get the game tested at some point, right?

If you test every little detail by yourself, you risk overlooking important problems and will also spend a lot of time looking at fine code/dialog which could be used on more important things, like rendering new art or writing more dialog.

Usually, using Patrons as testers is a nice way to show appreciation and get the testing done.
Some will also hire proofreaders and debuggers in addition.

(The problem when a test version leak, is that usually it only received the bare minimum testing to be playable, and can result in a terrible user experience)

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
If you test every little detail by yourself, you risk overlooking important problems
I will go one step further and say "you're guaranteed to". Even as a team. You know how your systems and checks (should) work and are influenced by your own understanding and logic. Thus you will never make a phone call before buying the phone, never get more than $100 because there is no need to, never keep on visiting Katherine after her main story line is finished. Players won't know you need to buy a phone first, will save money when given the opportunity for whatever may come, don't know that Katherine is "done", and thus find all the problems arising from that. That's precisely what alpha and beta versions are for: giving some select people the opportunity to play - and they will usually play the hell out of it - and giving the programmers the opportunity to realise what they did wrong all along.

Ullysse

Jun 26, 2017
Hello,

I don't want to bother, I know this is a pre-alpha, but when I play this build, the main story don't advance. I played the 0.1 just a few days and I had multiple dream in this playthrough. However, this time I only had one dream at the begining, I'm 30 days in and still main story level 1; the dreams don't keep happening.

Thanks in advance. :)

SeeEmilyPlay

Aug 12, 2017
Looking good so far! I really dig the colour coordination of the eyes, hair, clothes and even the rooms.
Ya'll go after the other girls, Lillian is mine! :love:

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Hello,

I don't want to bother, I know this is a pre-alpha, but when I play this build, the main story don't advance. I played the 0.1 just a few days and I had multiple dream in this playthrough. However, this time I only had one dream at the begining, I'm 30 days in and still main story level 1; the dreams don't keep happening.

Thanks in advance. :)
Did you start a new save or load one?

Ullysse

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for your fast response. A new save, I red there was some change in earlier dream and I wanted a clean start.

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Thanks for your fast response. A new save, I red there was some change in earlier dream and I wanted a clean start.
When you go to bed do you "Sleep" or "Fantasize"? Try going straight to sleep if you don't. They should trigger on Day 3, 6, and 9, respectively. Haven't had any reports of them not working correct so far

Reactions: Ullysse
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes