SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Good developers like Glace need encouragement. They do also need people who will point out where they can improve, but there are positive ways of doing that. Try not to just be negative if you're trying to help someone do better.
Your right you where or are not in discord... I tried that route didnt work repeatedly.. posted images showing different ways and offered input multiple times. I also and / was a patreon member. this game has gone so far off its original idea i fear i will not even play it now. i offered ideas people even supported yet he continued to ignore them. So yes i am being a hard ass now to try and get through to him but instead as expected i get hammered by voicing my opinion and trying to get him to pay attention.

Reactions: HansDampf788

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
I'm 23. A solo dev. A novice to writing, programming, designing, I'm just doing my best. I know not every decision I make pleases everyone but it's the best I can do to try and make a game that's not just a carbon copy of the other visual novels out there.
And you are killing it mate! You always will have dissatisfied people in a large group, it's impossible to cater to everyone's taste without ruining your own vision and project in the process by going in every direction at once.

Moreover, a lot of people can already agree that you are surpassing a lot of more experienced devs in terms of :
- Design (your renders are beautiful)
- Storytelling (finally a fresh VN without a copy-pasted story and generic af characters with 2-dimensional personality)
- World-building (with all the lore, guild, etc)
- And simply the passion you invest to create your game

Soooo ... don't let a small fraction of people tell you otherwise, keep impressing us and stay true to what your project is really about.

However, constructive criticism needs to be accounted for, especially since you are just debuting in the adult game scene.
You love to interact with us and your community as a whole, so you know that if we are suggesting improvements and ideas they are being suggested because we care about your project and that we can see things from a different perspective as a final user / consumer. So please, don't shut yourself down to critics that are here to help you improve your game and help you reach your true potential, we all need help, especially when starting out.

Last edited:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I'm 23. A solo dev. A novice to writing, programming, designing, I'm just doing my best. I know not every decision I make pleases everyone but it's the best I can do to try and make a game that's not just a carbon copy of the other visual novels out there .
I never said do not add horns to Gracie I just offered ways to do it right and you didnt listen. Part of being younger then my youngest cause even she ignores me till she gets in trouble then realizes well fuck maybe he was right.... I am not a idiot I have done graphic design since before you where born. I have read hundreds of fantasy and mythology related books. I have tried to point you in the right direction Glace... Take a real good look at the way you Gracie and the way the other dev did it. He did everything I was trying to tell you to try but you just plain and simply ignored my advice. you have done a fantastic job on all the others but just missed it on Gracie. Yes she is my second favorite in your game so I am more critical on her and wanting to see her done right. I am also not one to want to be made to play umpteen paths in a game. I offered suggestions on cutting them down to a couple and people even liked the ideas you blew them myself and the others off leaving us waiting till a modder comes in and makes it so we can do a single play through. instead of trying to listen to us your off on a tangent adding even more complication to the game with this pokemon crap. I saw your post as well if players want to skip it because like me they are not interested... you lose content. I offered a clear plan using fantasy and magic to make a single path for the MC for players breaking it down to the point I even showed how to even out the guilds leaving no guild with more then one main girl and it got blow off.. People liked the idea. You asked us for idea then ignored everything we said. all this was done long before you got this far into the games set up including the issue with Gracie. I mean you are creating a harem game yet forcing people to choose a path leaving them missing content that could have easily been avoided or at least a route made available to avoid it and instead decided to spend time on this pokemon thing when you could have spent time making a path for people that dont want to play a game multiple times.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yep surprise the fanboy is back.

I think Glacerose has done a good job so far, I like the way this is going to go, no matter which path I pick I still get to (at some point) fuck Alex, Gracie, Serra, Lillian and even Celeste, it is still a harem game, just because you miss out on side characters doesn't change anything.

I am glad there are 4 paths, I wish more of the games gave me a reason to replay them, fuck 90% of the games I have tried don't give me a reason to finish the story, its either shitty writing, you fuck everyone soon as you say hi or shitty rendering, or boring as fuck, or makes no sense.

Besides, somehow I doubt you will miss out on sex scenes, soon as the paths come out, I bet either Lain, or Zoey, or maybe Shaddy make a mod for it.

Assuming we miss out on fucking someone, if Glacerose is pandering to the cry babies not wanting to use the combat system and put in cheats, how hard game it be for him to add unlock all the scenes, Altos of The Headmaster added it to his game.

But I guess that is how it is, the ones getting shit for free are the ones who complain the most.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
But I guess that is how it is, the ones getting shit for free are the ones who complain the most.
I am a patreon subscriber till this time next year.... "Paid" in advance. He asked us we didnt ask him. We gave our suggestions he asked for and he did not even acknowledge it. So saying fanboy and getting free shit you are wrong. you also do not ask for something then ignore them with not even so much as a thanks and not expect to be called out for it. I am older and dont give a damn. I will call people out and not hide and wait for someone else to call out someone... Would be nice if the others I that all agree would actually come forward and say something.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Your right you where or are not in discord... I tried that route didnt work repeatedly.. posted images showing different ways and offered input multiple times. I also and / was a patreon member. this game has gone so far off its original idea i fear i will not even play it now. i offered ideas people even supported yet he continued to ignore them. So yes i am being a hard ass now to try and get through to him but instead as expected i get hammered by voicing my opinion and trying to get him to pay attention.
Has it gone off its original idea? Maybe. That happens with stories. Remember that upbeat funny good night tale for children "Lord of the Rings"?

As for "i offered ideas people even supported yet he continued to ignore them" - how many people do you think have ideas how a game or a certain storyline in a game should evolve? How many of those will get others to say "yeah, good idea"? Correct, a lot. And the dev cannot implement them all. They of course can listen but in the end have to make up their own mind what they want to do.

I never said do not add horns to Gracie I just offered ways to do it right and you didnt listen. Part of being younger then my youngest cause even she ignores me till she gets in trouble then realizes well fuck maybe he was right.... I am not a idiot I have done graphic design since before you where born. I have read hundreds of fantasy and mythology related books. I have tried to point you in the right direction Glace... Take a real good look at the way you Gracie and the way the other dev did it. He did everything I was trying to tell you to try but you just plain and simply ignored my advice. you have done a fantastic job on all the others but just missed it on Gracie. Yes she is my second favorite in your game so I am more critical on her and wanting to see her done right. I am also not one to want to be made to play umpteen paths in a game. I offered suggestions on cutting them down to a couple and people even liked the ideas you blew them myself and the others off leaving us waiting till a modder comes in and makes it so we can do a single play through. instead of trying to listen to us your off on a tangent adding even more complication to the game with this pokemon crap. I saw your post as well if players want to skip it because like me they are not interested... you lose content. I offered a clear plan using fantasy and magic to make a single path for the MC for players breaking it down to the point I even showed how to even out the guilds leaving no guild with more then one main girl and it got blow off.. People liked the idea. You asked us for idea then ignored everything we said. all this was done long before you got this far into the games set up including the issue with Gracie. I mean you are creating a harem game yet forcing people to choose a path leaving them missing content that could have easily been avoided or at least a route made available to avoid it and instead decided to spend time on this pokemon thing when you could have spent time making a path for people that dont want to play a game multiple times.
I am sorry, but this is really difficult to read between stream-of-consciousness writing, lack of paragraphs, and spelling and punctuation oddities, so please forgive me if I misunderstand something, but I gather two main points:

(a) You do not like the direction the game is taking from the first impression you had when you subscribed. That's perfectly fine, and I can see how this happened, there is a lot in the works now that I did definitely not expect from the first demo. But that's a thing that happens within development (see the example above, amongst many, many others). So there's two options once your concerns weren't adressed: suck it up and see whether the good will outweigh the bad; or leave the game be and focus on other time sinks.

(b) You have presented detailed criticism and ideas for how things should be done concerning graphics
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
or gameplay
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But that's not what making suggestions is. That's not answering a call for ideas. That's you trying to write your own game through Glacerose. That's not how any of this works. If you want a game tailored to what you like, with one "catch 'em all" path and without the "pokemon crap", please write it yourself. I would even be interested. But this is Glacerose's game, and if he decides for himself "this is what I want" or if he follows other people who like it better this way, then that is what is going to happen. You cannot force your opinion about this game, your idea of what time is spent well and what isn't, upon a dev, not even as a supporter. Again, this is not how development works.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If you are such an expert, perhaps you should try a hand at making your own game rather than expecting developers to bow before your feet.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
As such an expert in writing, I would expect you to know the difference between "You're right" and "Your right." Unless you're talking about the user's right to be (or not be) on Discord.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I just did the first story with Alex and I got to say Willow looks just like Willow from WVM (minus the hair color and neck wear)
View attachment 933516

WVM Willow
View attachment 933515
Willow from WVM has a longer face, and stronger jawline. Willow from Sylphine also has a slightly upturned nose which WVM willow does not. WVM willow has fuller lips. They have similar eyebrows and hair styles, though. Similar eye makeup, but I think overall eye shape has some differences, too.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There are bound to be some similarities between characters due to using the same asset sets and the fact that not every possible combination is suitable for the goal people are after, that being said I agree with all that has been said about "not really seeing it" - except for maybe the nose thing where the angle on WVM Willow makes it hard to decide. Well, maybe the eyebrows.

Reactions: Xtmr61
4.40 star(s) 64 Votes