Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Will there be an option to hide the UI so you can get a better look if you want to?
Unless the dev explicitely shuts it down, Ren'Py games always allow (a) a "hide" button under the text box (usually very small), and (b) the "H" key to hide all interface things and give you a view of the pure graphics.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Unless the dev explicitely shuts it down, Ren'Py games always allow (a) a "hide" button under the text box (usually very small), and (b) the "H" key to hide all interface things and give you a view of the pure graphics.
I believe the middle mouse button works as well

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Here is hoping NO leaks this time.

If you have played the current alpha do you need to restart the game again.
nah .,.I chose to wait for the official version , not the test :p
Have not played yet the game so rather than playing a alpha version and forming a shitty oppinion I rather play one without bugs and other things like that
I can wait np...I got enough time xD

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
not a fan of pokemon games inside vn's.if i wanted to play pokemon i would grab my wifes phone but i have no interest. the game is gonna just end up more complicated as it goes along and slow down creation of new content because of it. i already left the discord cause it was pointless for me to even bother giving my opinions. i even played another game the other day stupid as hell and ugly graphics that can not compare to this game but he did have 2 characters ugly as they may have been but he took the time to put the horns on them in a proper way even moving the hair on the girls heads to go around them instead of just throwing them on and say ohhh looks fine... i had high hopes for this game and supported though i am now questioning if i will even let my support continue or cancel it as since i started the game has done a complete 180 from a game i would like to something i would not normally play.

Reactions: HansDampf788
Nov 24, 2019
not a fan of pokemon games inside vn's. If i wanted to play pokemon i would grab my wifes phone but i have no interest. the game is gonna just end up more complicated as it goes along and slow down creation of new content because of it. i already left the discord cause it was pointless for me to even bother giving my opinions.
Given the way Sylphine seems to be structured, I doubt the battles are going to be a major role on it. It reminds me of Heroes Harem Guild fishing system - You can make the game in "a whole fishing simulator!" but it is just an optional pastime to help alleviate stat grind with the characters.

If this comes true, it is actually good as it provides you a distraction and a way to say "oh wow I'm awesome" in a more first-person perspective. It is one thing saying "and so you obtained the sword of infinity +1". It is another thing showing you the sword. And it is something completely different doing both and letting you cut through enemies like butter to show how powerful the sword actually is.

However you are right that if not done properly it can just make the game more grindy instead of less, or add layers of complexity which increase the learning curve.
At this point it is always good to recheck what you want to the game to become and make sure everything in the game, no matter how meaningless it is, actually contributes to the main goal or is just a minor time investment for a temporary important objective e.g. Christmas specials.

I would have quite some fun with such system, but having a button to skip the battle altogether, specially when it is not relevant to the plot, might be a good idea too. (iirc, Sunrider has one of such buttons)

Glacerose

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Given the way Sylphine seems to be structured, I doubt the battles are going to be a major role on it. It reminds me of Heroes Harem Guild fishing system - You can make the game in "a whole fishing simulator!" but it is just an optional pastime to help alleviate stat grind with the characters.

If this comes true, it is actually good as it provides you a distraction and a way to say "oh wow I'm awesome" in a more first-person perspective. It is one thing saying "and so you obtained the sword of infinity +1". It is another thing showing you the sword. And it is something completely different doing both and letting you cut through enemies like butter to show how powerful the sword actually is.

However you are right that if not done properly it can just make the game more grindy instead of less, or add layers of complexity which increase the learning curve.
At this point it is always good to recheck what you want to the game to become and make sure everything in the game, no matter how meaningless it is, actually contributes to the main goal or is just a minor time investment for a temporary important objective e.g. Christmas specials.

I would have quite some fun with such system, but having a button to skip the battle altogether, specially when it is not relevant to the plot, might be a good idea too. (iirc, Sunrider has one of such buttons)
Hi there. The combat is planned to be quite an important part of the story... BUT... you will have the option at the beginning of the game to pick whether you want to play for game play or not, and selecting not will enter you into a cheaters mode of sorts, making all your stats maxed and in essence allowing you to skip combat or any grinds you dislike.

The combat itself is planned to unlock new story features and will function akin to a 3D corruption of chanpions. Simple quick fights, and many of them ending in you gaining sexual scenes/options with your opponents.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It's also an alternative way for getting a sore wrist, but I digress ;)

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Here Glace as i said right from the first render you showed us in discord i said gracie looked stupid cause it was done wrong and tried to point you in the right direction but you thumbed your nose up and ignored it. This image is from another game and one of 2 girls with horns both upright and though the girls are odd looking he even took the time to move the hair to go around the horns unlike gracie which are just slapped on and look like no effort was even made to do it right. i never had a problem with the ide just the implementation and lack of effort from someone i know could do better.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Here Glace as i said right from the first render you showed us in discord i said gracie looked stupid cause it was done wrong and tried to point you in the right direction but you thumbed your nose up and ignored it. This image is from another game and one of 2 girls with horns both upright and though the girls are odd looking he even took the time to move the hair to go around the horns unlike gracie which are just slapped on and look like no effort was even made to do it right. i never had a problem with the ide just the implementation and lack of effort from someone i know could do better.
Glace is very clearly doing the best he can. You don't make content like he has been without putting in a lot of effort. I haven't been in the discord, so I can't speak to whatever happened here. However, I've never seen him be anything but polite to anyone who said anything about his work on the forum here. There are better ways to go about making suggestions than to simply trash someone's hard work.

The size and quality of the image you posted make it hard for me to see what you're talking about, regarding the horns. It's hard for me to make out where the hair ends and the horn begins due to shadows and image quality. Maybe that's just my untrained eye for when it comes to this kind of work. Either way, simply stating something can be done better, and that someone should do better isn't helpful criticism.

Maybe there are resources somewhere that can show Glace how to use the technique you're talking about, to fix the issue? Or the name of the game where you liked the implementation better, even? If you want to help improve things, be helpful. In a previous post, there was someone else who brought up the horns as well. They at least gave a name to a technique that might help, and tried to give examples of how something would look with, and without the technique used.

Good developers like Glace need encouragement. They do also need people who will point out where they can improve, but there are positive ways of doing that. Try not to just be negative if you're trying to help someone do better.

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes