Kupperton

Mar 23, 2022
alright, if anyone is willing need some help.

I'm on a mac and whenever I open the game it shows that the game is "damaged", any fixes or should I wait 8 months for the next update

deepheat

Oct 21, 2020
Nope. Doesn't worth it. If you have played 0.68, you can just play for an hour, and it will be the 90% of all the "new stuff". Scenes, context of the scenes haven't changed at all.
Agreed. Proabably not worth going through it again if you played the previous version. This post sums up most of the issues with this update.

For me, the changes at the beginning also messes with the flow of the story. A lot of characters are dumped on you at the beginning when they don't need to be. For example, you can talk to Alan in front of the store. Shortly after he tells you Danny can't see him around, he then proceeds to school to check out girls with Walter and harass Clara. Red comments "I'm so glad we cucked him". Note that this is the start of the game and you've done nothing at this point.

Natalie (store clerk) also knows you as a sick pervert when you first speak with her. Same point as above, the MC shouldn't have done anything at this point to give this impression. The story starts with him just getting by and trying not stand out.

Won't be playing it through again seeing how the old scenes remain the same. Just going to unlock the rework gallery and see what the changes are in there.

Reactions: johndoe19

jpatog

Mar 17, 2018
I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but the key to mary's room is gone from my save and I'm stuck in the "I have time to snoop around" quest.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I don't know if it's a glitch or what, but the key to mary's room is gone from my save and I'm stuck in the "I have time to snoop around" quest.
what version of the game are you playing the A or B?

VentusVero

Jun 29, 2019
Ugh. Held off at 32% after first pills to Mary (the key to her room not spawning) in the A build, was looking forward to the B fixing this, but apparently not (the save for hacked inventory works, but once saved and back after the quest, it reverts).

Just a heads up. Dunno how impassable this makes it for others, but a bit of a time suck.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Ugh. Held off at 32% after first pills to Mary (the key to her room not spawning) in the A build, was looking forward to the B fixing this, but apparently not (the save for hacked inventory works, but once saved and back after the quest, it reverts).

Just a heads up. Dunno how impassable this makes it for others, but a bit of a time suck.
What I can't figure out is why this only happens to some people. I and a lot of other folks have played the "a" release and had 0 bugs. While a fair number of folks have had this bug. one thing I have heard is if you pick up or buy stuff before you actually need them it can cause this bug , so if you pick up the key right away in the game then when you buy or pick up other things it gets replaced.

I think folks should try only buying or picking up items just before you actually need them or the hint system tells you you need it.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
A. should i just download the other and restart? i'd appreciate anyone sharing a save
You can try the "b" version but I thought someone had complained it did not work. I would try what I suggested above. I don't know how to pull the save from the folder and share it here plus I only have a completed game save minus the trap and supposed NTR scene so I don't think many will want that

VentusVero

Jun 29, 2019
What I can't figure out is why this only happens to some people. I and a lot of other folks have played the "a" release and had 0 bugs. while a fair number of folks have had this bug. one thing I have heard is if you pick up or buy stuff before you actually need them it can cause this bug , so if you pick up the key right away in the game then when you buy or pick up other things it gets replaced.

I think folks should try only buying or picking up items just before you actually need them or the hint system tells you you need it.
Yar, I can only assume that, if we assume the key is spawning for some, and not for others, in the same build, its gotta be related to how they approached its initializing. I kinda suspected something, so I was careful to stop trying to progress anything related to Mary (e.g. refused to meet her at the mall). Im going back go older saves now, before this log popped, in the B build, see if anything changes. I assume not, but will report back if it does.

Reactions: APoc1
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes