APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
It starts at day 0 ?
Yep that is where most of the new content is right at the beginning. Is why there is no dedicated save spot to unlock this time. Was a revamp release with about 5% content torward the very beginning. 2-3 very small scenes later in the build.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Lol thats why there is no save to start at the new content.... So its not worth playing. I will wait until the next update.
Normally I would just say play it but there are also some bugs hitting random folks so probably is better to wait.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Lol thats why there is no save to start at the new content.... So its not worth playing. I will wait until the next update.
you might want to skip the next couple of updates too then , they will probably be bugfixs for this one.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Same, I don't to start another fresh run just yet so might as well wait since the new content was reworked in the beginning.

Reactions: gg123

GaloDeLiono

Jul 25, 2020
How do I put in the code for the save unlock? I have no padlock option or prompt to do that. The code only gives me money and stats when I use it in the settings.

Also, does thag code also unlock the gallery scenes like it does for the reworked scenes?

badpandaman1

May 1, 2022
Currently having an issue where the game is consistently crashing every time I enter the classroom for the quest log "Me and Becca have class".

It actually has that listed in the quest log twice, which seems odd. Additionally doesn't seem to be affected by doing other actions first, saving in a different location, or progressing time.

When it crashes it sometimes hangs until I have to have Windows kill it and sometimes immediately closes without further fanfare.

No idea if its generating crash logs and if it was I have no idea how to find them.

Version 82.4b, ran as administrator and as normal user and redownloaded and opened from different locations. At a loss.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Darnell bang mary yet?
Nope. And he won't for a long time -- and only for those who explicitly choose for it to happen, after the warnings
How do I put in the code for the save unlock? I have no padlock option or prompt to do that. The code only gives me money and stats when I use it in the settings.

Also, does thag code also unlock the gallery scenes like it does for the reworked scenes?
Your answer about a save is on the previous page - look for posts from APoc1. The answer to your second question is no.
Currently having an issue where the game is consistently crashing every time I enter the classroom for the quest log "Me and Becca have class".

It actually has that listed in the quest log twice, which seems odd. Additionally doesn't seem to be affected by doing other actions first, saving in a different location, or progressing time.

When it crashes it sometimes hangs until I have to have Windows kill it and sometimes immediately closes without further fanfare.

No idea if its generating crash logs and if it was I have no idea how to find them.

Version 82.4b, ran as administrator and as normal user and redownloaded and opened from different locations. At a loss.
Having it in your quest log twice is a sign something is wrong with your game.
  • You mentioned you are currently running v0.82.4b but have redownloaded ... were you originally playing v0.82.4a before you moved over to v0.82.4b and if so, are you using the same save file(s)?
  • Are you using the cheat code for anything (money, stats, skip mini games, all the above), if so - for what and which version of the game (if you have played both v0.82.4a and v0.82.4b)?
  • What patches or mods are you using (if any and which version of the game (if you have played both v0.82.4a and v0.82.4b))?
  • Did you use any gallery unlockers or "bug fixes" or save editors, if so - what and which version of the game (if you have played both v0.82.4a and v0.82.4b)?
  • What percentage complete are you at for opened scenes?
  • What other quest lines are listed on your task list?
  • What Windows OS are you using, how much RAM?

Reactions: APoc1

badpandaman1

May 1, 2022
Nope. And he won't for a long time -- and only for those who explicitly choose for it to happen, after the warnings

Your answer about a save is on the previous page - look for posts from APoc1. The answer to your second question is no.

Having it in your quest log twice is a sign something is wrong with your game.
  • You mentioned you are currently running v0.82.4b but have redownloaded ... were you originally playing v0.82.4a before you moved over to v0.82.4b and if so, are you using the same save file(s)?
  • Are you using the cheat code for anything (money, stats, skip mini games, all the above), if so - for what and which version of the game (if you have played both v0.82.4a and v0.82.4b)?
  • What patches or mods are you using (if any and which version of the game (if you have played both v0.82.4a and v0.82.4b))?
  • Did you use any gallery unlockers or "bug fixes" or save editors, if so - what and which version of the game (if you have played both v0.82.4a and v0.82.4b)?
  • What percentage complete are you at for opened scenes?
  • What other quest lines are listed on your task list?
  • What Windows OS are you using, how much RAM?
Well shit.
  • Nope, b both times
  • Skip mini games and gallery
  • Nada, vanilla
  • Nada, vanilla
  • 32.3%
  • None, just the same one twice
  • Windows 10 in a VM with 24.46 GB of RAM (Which I just realized is a fucking weird amount so I'll fix that by going to a solid multiple of 8.)

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado

badpandaman1

May 1, 2022
Went to 16GB, same issue but was worth a try.

Would the save editor be able to help here? Either by skipping the quest or removing one instance of it?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well shit.
  • Nope, b both times
  • Nada, vanilla
  • Nada, vanilla
  • 32.3%
  • Windows 10 in a VM with 24.46 GB of RAM (Which I just realized is a fucking weird amount so I'll fix that by going to a solid multiple of 8.)
Wow. Ok. You should be moving forward then. Top of mind ideas:
  1. go to a previous save around the 28% mark (or sometime before this quest task appears on your list) and either look to advance another quest line(more on that in a minute)
  2. Let that one stew for a bit while looking to advance another quest line
I don't know if working on another quest line will snap this one back into shape or not. You could try to find another quest line by:

Going in the library during "normal hours" and follow APoc1's usually correct advice: look for a strange book on one of the clickable book shelves. (If you haven't done so yet). If you have then - do the following until another quest line pops:
  • Go to bed.
  • When you wake up, click on everything in every room in your home.
  • Click on every door of every house you have access to.
  • Click on every location on the map (motel, estate, bridge, homes, apt building, warehouse, Fox Club, bar, hospital, park, mall, diner, store, school, etc).
  • Click on every door in the school, the store, the diner, the mall.
  • Click on every tree, window, door, etc in Priscilla's backyard.
  • Click on every NPC standing, sitting, whatever in every scene at every time frame of the day.
  • And then go to bed, again.
  • Repeat.
I would hate you to have to start over (I assume you're over 50 game days in?)

EDIT:
Went to 16GB, same issue but was worth a try.

Would the save editor be able to help here? Either by skipping the quest or removing one instance of it?
The save editor writes to your Windows Registry - so if you trust someone who you don't know to write something to your Windows Registry, more power to you.

badpandaman1

May 1, 2022
Wow. Ok. You should be moving forward then. Top of mind ideas:
  1. go to a previous save around the 28% mark (or sometime before this quest task appears on your list) and either look to advance another quest line(more on that in a minute)
  2. Let that one stew for a bit while looking to advance another quest line
I don't know if working on another quest line will snap this one back into shape or not. You could try to find another quest line by:

Going in the library during "normal hours" and follow APoc1's usually correct advice: look for a strange book on one of the clickable book shelves. (If you haven't done so yet). If you have then - do the following until another quest line pops:
  • Go to bed.
  • When you wake up, click on everything in every room in your home.
  • Click on every door of every house you have access to.
  • Click on every location on the map (motel, estate, bridge, homes, apt building, warehouse, Fox Club, bar, hospital, park, mall, diner, store, school, etc).
  • Click on every door in the school, the store, the diner, the mall.
  • Click on every tree, window, door, etc in Priscilla's backyard.
  • Click on every NPC standing, sitting, whatever in every scene at every time frame of the day.
  • And then go to bed, again.
  • Repeat.
I would hate you to have to start over (I assume you're over 50 game days in?)
I am a one save andy, also 125 days in because im shit at minmaxin.

Backuped my save and trying the save editor - but if that fails i'll try the other recommendations. Thanks!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thus the wonderfully disposable VM :)
I just realized what you meant by VM - virtual machine. What is the OS of your machine, otherwise? Because it might be something weird with UberPie's coding, Unity, and your VM that is causing this (You are the first person I can remember that has had a duplicate task item in their list).

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Well shit.
  • Nope, b both times
  • Nada, vanilla
  • Nada, vanilla
  • 32.3%
If you are having random soft locks.

Can you tell us what frequency your vid card is outputting to your monitor? 120Hz's can cause crashes with Untity you can try setting the output to 60Hz's and see if that helps , its not like frame rate is really going to affect this type of game.

I can't guarantee this will help but it is something you can try. The other probably more likely cause is the game is kind of a bug fest for some users , you may be one of them.

If you have no quests in the quest log and you have searched high and low try going to the library and clicking on one of the three book shelves and look for a strange book.

Sorry did not read your post correctly I agree with Count Morado I don't recall hearing about duplicate quests before.

• Haha
Reactions: KhaiFirst

badpandaman1

May 1, 2022
I just realized what you meant by VM - virtual machine. What is the OS of your machine, otherwise? Because it might be something weird with UberPie's coding, Unity, and your VM that is causing this (You are the first person I can remember that has had a duplicate task item in their list).
Also Wandows 10.

I've played prior versions in VM's like this before without issue, and other light Unity games so unsure if that should be the problem. Shits got enough Vram.

Also I deleted the last like 10 active quests and was able to enter the room without it crashing! But of course I don't have any active quests anymore. Going to try and whittle it down to just the problem quest.

kvothe20

Aug 27, 2017
i'm stuck in the " I think is time I talked with someone" quest... who is the one I should talk and at what time?

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes