VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
This strange shit and the other stranger shit scared me,
I think I’ll leave it to download when it’s later,
to see what kind of shit we're talking about. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: recreation

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Now, this was very entertaining. Curious to see what Mira's deal is as her past seems not only to differ from the MC's but also from that of her mother. The title and some of the fuzz about the content made me expect some weirder shit. Like, way weirder... Guess, that makes me the weird one. :sneaky:

Ah, got distracted by the tiny default text size and brought it in line with 'mcthink':
font.gif
Bash:
#gui.rpy
init python:
    if fourk is None:
        #gui.text_size = 24
        gui.text_size = 35
font_fix.gif
For those wanting to apply the tweak to their game but being new to Ren'Py: after editing gui.rpy you'll need to delete gui.rpyc and restart the game.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Now, this was very entertaining. Curious to see what Mira's deal is as her past seems not only to differ from the MC's but also from that of her mother. The title and some of the fuzz about the content made me expect some weirder shit. Like, way weirder... Guess, that makes me the weird one. :sneaky:

Ah, got distracted by the tiny default text size and brought it in line with 'mcthink':
Bash:
#gui.rpy
init python:
if fourk is None:
#gui.text_size = 24
        gui.text_size = 35
View attachment 688897
For those wanting to apply the tweak to their game but being new to Ren'Py: after editing gui.rpy you'll need to delete gui.rpyc and restart the game.
The lewd stuff is not what's weird in this game (most of the time at least :sneaky:)
:unsure: I thought I changed the text size already... welp, will change it for sure in the next release, thanks for letting me know^^

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
hi Rec .. just found this new game you made ,, pretty cool .. just 1 thing , please make the font bigger , i have trouble reading that small font ... thanks

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
thanks but i don't know how to do that stuff .. i'll just wait :)
Ah, come on, who has the time for that, really? :)

Just use any text editor (like notepad or wordpad), open <game's folder>\game\gui.rpy and search (CTRL+F) for 'gui.text_size' (without quotes), change it from 24 to 35, save the file and restart your game. Done.

Mar 14, 2020
Definitely some real weird crap is going on cause story is messed up...other than mom all of the peoples knows that the mc is the one who didn't die...and if I would say then mom is the one who is from alternate dimension even so nobody says a crap that how the fuck she is alive...sister acts like she is been living with the mom her whole life when the receptionist made it clear that mc's both parents died now did she not daem I forget..wait wtf the story is a pile of mess nothing connects together...if this is intended you need a real good heck explanation for it all for the latter time and if not then yo gotta redo...I am definitely feeling weird.

Reactions: victor659

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Definitely some real weird crap is going on cause story is messed up...other than mom all of the peoples knows that the mc is the one who didn't die...and if I would say then mom is the one who is from alternate dimension even so nobody says a crap that how the fuck she is alive...sister acts like she is been living with the mom her whole life when the receptionist made it clear that mc's both parents died now did she not daem I forget..wait wtf the story is a pile of mess nothing connects together...if this is intended you need a real good heck explanation for it all for the latter time and if not then yo gotta redo...I am definitely feeling weird.
I suspect they have this meticulously thought through and it's the part I'm exited about the most. To see it folding in on itself forming a coherent campaign game. :geek:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Update 0.3 is out!!! and the upload took soooo fucking long :cry:

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, as requested, I upped the text size of the 1080p version, hope this helps.

A big THANK YOU I'm Not Thea Lundgren! who took the time and went through all of the scripts and fixed my engrish (that's actually a lot of work^^)

Hf and I hope you enjoy :)

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes