VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

lodadsaq

Futa Church of Holy Cock Rings
Donor
Mar 3, 2017
very anoying that it crashes, i would say posibly a waste to do it at 4K in stead of 1080 or maybe 1440 but it is what it is

have to spam click past animations to get it to not crash and even then there is no garentee, scroll back 1 scrol notch to far and you fucked and the game crashes, manage to get to the end of content, nice but the crashing just compleatly fucks this up for me

Reactions: HunterSeeker
Mar 27, 2019
Not gonna lie...pretty good so far, but if it was me, as soon as I hit that front desk and saw the latest "weird shit", I'd be all "nope...not gonna do it...I'm out!!!" and keep right on walking thru that front door. REALLY can't wait to see what happens next, love yer games!!

Reactions: recreation

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
This might just be a me thing, but the italicized font used for inner monologue seems super small. My eyesight is generally decent, but those bits were making me squint.

Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
very anoying that it crashes, i would say posibly a waste to do it at 4K in stead of 1080 or maybe 1440 but it is what it is

have to spam click past animations to get it to not crash and even then there is no garentee, scroll back 1 scrol notch to far and you fucked and the game crashes, manage to get to the end of content, nice but the crashing just compleatly fucks this up for me
I'm sorry to hear that, but as I said in the OP, it's an engine problem I can't do anything about atm.
I wouldn't say it's wasted in 4k, I have a 4K screen and it looks really good and cristal clear on good on it.

Right now I have 16 GB. I do admit I am always multitasking but it's never been a problem before.
Well, as I said:
Wow, that's some real weird shit
I'll make a request for a crunched version, maybe someone is willing to make it 1080p. It should run like every normal renpy game then.

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
I dont want to sound too negitive about a new game but i think the art/renders of this look way worse than BM does. it has that plastic shiny barbie-doll look that some other games have (mystic mannor for example). while that game and hopefully this one aren't bad i just find their renders not as good. that said i love Bad Memories look and story and will give this one a benefit of the doubt once it gets a little more content.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I dont want to sound too negitive about a new game but i think the art/renders of this look way worse than BM does. it has that plastic shiny barbie-doll look that some other games have (mystic mannor for example). while that game and hopefully this one aren't bad i just find their renders not as good. that said i love Bad Memories look and story and will give this one a benefit of the doubt once it gets a little more content.
The reason is that I used a modded Honey Select for this game, and Daz3D for BM. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to push that much content out in just a week ;)

thevampirate

Feb 15, 2019
oh wow that was 1 week that's quite a feat. i dont do art or 3d modeling so i dont know the details behind what exactly goes into each game or if its just a matter of picking a different artstyle

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
oh wow that was 1 week that's quite a feat. i dont do art or 3d modeling so i dont know the details behind what exactly goes into each game or if its just a matter of picking a different artstyle
In Daz3D you basically create every scene by hand, even if you use existing assets, there is a lot to do for every scene and you also have to render each image, which can take up several hours for one image.
In HS you can basically only use existing assets or complete premade maps, you pose the characters maybe play a bit with the light and get your finished image on a button click.

was that anor londo that i saw at the "dream" or "upside down"?
Neither of them, but there is some similarity to anor londo^^

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Since my computer is down {i suspect a bad CPU} and i have to this on a Surface Go with a 10-inch screen, i would like to {politely} say

*ahem*

THE FRIGGIN' SCREEN FONT IS TOO DAMN SMALL

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes