VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
MC default age is 32 but mother is 59, so she had MC at 27 years old, but I think that's too old? She left the hotel before she was old enough for grandfather to be interested in her.
You think? When I was born my mother was 32. And I was the first one of three. So no, not too old, certainly.

Funny fact. Thanks to idiotic tradition to hide MC's face I have no idea about his age (not that his face change something), but judging from how he speaks and acts I tried to guess his age. And I typed 23, 'cause it's the "behavioral" age of MC. Then I found out his mother's age, MC was born when she was 36, that's normal, my mother was the same age my brother was born. But at the same time MC is a father of an adult girl (I mean, 18+ years old) and that is a thing I'm having a hard time to believe.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
You think? When I was born my mother was 32. And I was the first one of three. So no, not too old, certainly.

Funny fact. Thanks to idiotic tradition to hide MC's face I have no idea about his age (not that his face change something), but judging from how he speaks and acts I tried to guess his age. And I typed 23, 'cause it's the "behavioral" age of MC. Then I found out his mother's age, MC was born when she was 36, that's normal, my mother was the same age my brother was born. But at the same time MC is a father of an adult girl (I mean, 18+ years old) and that is a thing I'm having a hard time to believe.
Well that is what usually happens when you change the "Default" age of characters in VNs, the story was written around the MC being 32 which is old enough that he can have an 18yo daughter. But we are also talking about magic and alternate dimensions and/or timelines so weird anomalies like your MC being 23 and having an 18yo kid in another dimension/timeline could happen and not be story breaking. I mean this is called "Weird shit is going to happen" for a reason so trying to use standard logic for this is not going to work and I think that is exactly what recreation planned for this from the start.

Upikey

Jun 2, 2020
Not too old to have a kid, read the second sentence. She left the hotel at 27, she said she left the hotel before she was old enough for grandfather to like her. 27 should be old enough for grandfather to like her.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Not too old to have a kid, read the second sentence. She left the hotel at 27, she said she left the hotel before she was old enough for grandfather to like her. 27 should be old enough for grandfather to like her.
Maybe he was into MILFs?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Guys...
This game is literally called "weird shit", so don't expect a hyper realistic approach to real life, don't expect the story to be 100% perfect with no plot holes, and most importantly: take it for what it is, a crazy, but mostly fun ride.

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
Guys...
This game is literally called "weird shit", so don't expect a hyper realistic approach to real life, don't expect the story to be 100% perfect with no plot holes, and most importantly: take it for what it is, a crazy, but mostly fun ride.
To borrow from MST3K's intro theme: "Just tell yourself it's just a VN, I really should relax!" ;)

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
My assumptions as to why Grandpa didn't make a pass at his daughter (MC's mom):

1. she will have somehow indirectly reminded him of his nice sister, and that in turn reminded him of his own culpability in her decades-long coma.

2. he was sufficiently distracted by the other women he was surrounded by.

3. he was just a dumbass who never thought of the idea before.

I still had the theory that he might have had the plan to transplant the consciousness of his comatose sister into his daughter, so that she would be there again, so to speak. Alternatively, to use her somehow so that the sister could wake up again through her, but she (the daughter) would have to be untouched. Something completely abstruse, after all, this VN was called Weird Shit and if there's one thing we know about the grandfather, it's that he was a complete idiot.

By the way, I find it interesting that his sister was in a coma for at least 50 years and she doesn't seem to have aged a bit on the outside. I suspect that grandmother can shed more light on this and who knows, maybe grandfather's invasion of the other reality was just to wake his sister from her coma. In any case, I'm looking forward to the next update.

Wolfkins

Apr 10, 2020
So can anyone illuminate what the different colors represent when the hints menu is turned on? I assume green is a positive counter but not sure what purple or pink mean because it's hard to pick up the context.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
So can anyone illuminate what the different colors represent when the hints menu is turned on? I assume green is a positive counter but not sure what purple or pink mean because it's hard to pick up the context.
It's a measure of how assertive they are. It can impact their tendency toward dominance or submission, but that's a secondary thing.

Reactions: Wolfkins
4.40 star(s) 40 Votes