VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You're right, I'm working on BM now, so no progress here.
Always the same debate. Don't you get tired Rec. of people in each thread always saying "this game is better than the other one, why are you wasting your time!?!?!?!".

For me I just see it as getting 2 great games out of it. Whichever one you are working on, I always love seeing the results.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Always the same debate. Don't you get tired Rec. of people in each thread always saying "this game is better than the other one, why are you wasting your time!?!?!?!".

For me I just see it as getting 2 great games out of it. Whichever one you are working on, I always love seeing the results.
Honestly I'm fine with that. It's far worse hearing the complaints about updates taking too long over and over again :poop:

GeneralJo

Aug 30, 2020

Honestly I'm fine with that. It's far worse hearing the complaints about updates taking too long over and over again :poop:
I wasn't complaining! I like both, but I like this one a little bit more! Was just curious if more had been done on it or not....I don't mind the waiting when I enjoy what comes from it! :)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I wasn't complaining! I like both, but I like this one a little bit more! Was just curious if more had been done on it or not....I don't mind the waiting when I enjoy what comes from it! :)
No worries. I wasn't talking about you in particular. You weren't complaining, just commenting. But, if you look at this thread and the BM thread, whenever Rec is on the other game's dev cycle, every couple of pages people start complaining that the "other" game is being developed and that this one is much better, and why does the dev waste his time, and some can get rather passionate about it.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
I pretty much never use the gallery for games. I just save each time I see an interesting scene. You can have many saves, so I recommend doing that. No gallery needed.
Is there missable content? Cause if so, a gallery would be good to keep track of things

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Is there missable content? Cause if so, a gallery would be good to keep track of things
That is true. There is missable content in this game. I use URM to see where there are path branches, and also the choice effects. On my first playthrough I missed a few scenes with the maid, because my MC wasn't bold enough with her.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
is this 7.1 a recent update or are we near a new one and i should just wait a bit ? cant seem to find when this one was released that or its just way to late for my tired brain to do any work.

Reactions: Ssato243

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
0.7 is the latest content update, 0.7.1 is bug fixes and was released november last year.

buff

May 29, 2017
is this 7.1 a recent update or are we near a new one and i should just wait a bit ? cant seem to find when this one was released that or its just way to late for my tired brain to do any work.
There was a little over a year between the last two releases of this game, so I wouldn't expect another update until Q4 of this year.

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
Because renpy 7 is pretty outdated and support for it will cease soon. It also uses an old python version and misses a lot of features that exist in 8.
The game is a wip, so even if I try my best to keep save compability it's never a given in the first place.
OK so DX12 make day and DX10 or 11 did not make it. Sorry to say but why ? What new in it what was not there before? OK sellyourself 10 or 11 make youre day and give them 1k and more a month fell free to use it... Same for Discord sponserd by main data taking comp. Feeel free and think about it why 20% not following it? Steam same HD index take and no one say any? It is normal you pay for Internet and same time you get robed... So WHY? And del it if you want to feel FREE SLAVE... Not you DEV but the reader..

packor

Oct 11, 2021
Umm. Can anyone explain the last post? What are you trying to say Bse?
DirectX 12, not DirectX10 or 11. Why? Why is it new? someone's giving DirectX 10 and 11 a thousand k a month. Discord. 20% not following...(?). no one trash talking Steam. You pay for internet and get robbed... WHY? delete it, END SLAVERY. I'm replying to dev, but not talking about dev.

Jan 14, 2023
OK so DX12 make day and DX10 or 11 did not make it. Sorry to say but why ? What new in it what was not there before? OK sellyourself 10 or 11 make youre day and give them 1k and more a month fell free to use it... Same for Discord sponserd by main data taking comp. Feeel free and think about it why 20% not following it? Steam same HD index take and no one say any? It is normal you pay for Internet and same time you get robed... So WHY? And del it if you want to feel FREE SLAVE... Not you DEV but the reader..
I wish I could understand how to nest videos in this forum:

Essentially, he's annoyed because DX12 doesn't work on some OS (win7 / 8 for one), and he's annoyed that the original requirements (on Steam, on here etc) didn't include the possibility that his rig would be outdated by the first release.

TL;DR

Yeah, he has a point. If you upgrade / revamp your engine to up your OS / system requirements, the least you can do is provide the 1st in chumps (who've been payin the Patreon since day 0) a refund for Steam purchases etc.

+$10000 for anyone telling me How to embed videos (youtube) so they come up as a box and not just a link

Also: this is in a VN forum. Literally this game doesn't require or call or even reference anything OP was talking about. Sooooo..... ????? I'd understand this post more if posted in a high tech / Subverse type game ?????

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Umm. Can anyone explain the last post? What are you trying to say Bse?
There are much better uses of your time than trying to make sense of what that guy says.

Also: this is in a VN forum. Literally this game doesn't require or call or even reference anything OP was talking about. Sooooo..... ????? I'd understand this post more if posted in a high tech / Subverse type game ?????
He's been bitching about this game's recent upgrade to RenPy 8 for a while now, probably because his PC can't run it well. Bet this whole DX12 thing was him trying to make a parallel between the two.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
DirectX 12, not DirectX10 or 11. Why? Why is it new? someone's giving DirectX 10 and 11 a thousand k a month. Discord. 20% not following...(?). no one trash talking Steam. You pay for internet and get robbed... WHY? delete it, END SLAVERY. I'm replying to dev, but not talking about dev.
Thanks. It is very clear now. Not sure why I was confused.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes