VN Ren'Py Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7.1] [recreation]

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
No please! No beta upload!

Someone did it a couple of months for recreation other game Bad Memories, and it was really a mess.
Beta version may have bugs, placeholders, etc.
But people download it and expect to have a finish product anyway.
And then, they satrt to complain that the game is full of bugs.
Good points. I generally avoid Alpha or Beta versions as that always means they haven't been tested for bugs. I wait for the tested, public release. There's plenty to play while I wait.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
TH - WS 0.7 Update is out:

Changelog:
- major code overhaul and qol changes
- changed and added several settings in preferences
- re-designed the quick menu (can be switched to the old one in preferences)
- added a hint system (can be activated at game start, or at any time in preferences)
- several new "notes"
- overhauled the notes system and added a few things
- roughly 1000 new images
- 19 new Animations

snow123789456

Jun 2, 2020

Changelog:
- added a hint system (can be activated at game start, or at any time in preferences)
- several new "notes"
- 19 new Animations
Thanks for the update. Do you expect a massive change for the next update that we need to replay the game one more time?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the update. Do you expect a massive change for the next update that we need to replay the game one more time?
No, next update should be fine. I've added all the stuff I wanted, and fixed older stuff as well. There's also no reason to update the engine for a while.
The reason to start a new game now is the code and engine changes.

SoraGG

Feb 9, 2018

Changelog:
- several new "notes"
- 19 new Animations
thank you for the new update

Reactions: recreation

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Tainted Heritage - a.k.a Weird Shit Is Going to Happen [v0.7] [recreation]

COMPRESSED: 4K: Win/Linux/Mac:
-

COMPRESSED: 1080P BUGFIX: Win/Linux/Mac: (v0.7.1)
-

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020

Changelog:
- several new "notes"
- 19 new Animations
So glad this is back. I was under the impression that it wouldn't be probably bad information but either way so glad to see it continuing.

Reactions: recreation

mabeloco

Dec 15, 2019
i cant wait to play the new update, this is without a doubt one of my favorite games on this website. i'm so glad you havent abandoned it to focus on Bad Memories.

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
Why, why, why did you feel the need to change Ren'Py versions, forcing us to restart...

After spending so much time on 0.6 to ferret out everything I dm'ed you, this happens. I'm terribly sorry, and sad at the same time.
I've got so little free time left I had to make a choice to quit games when they need a restart from scratch to at least have some time to finish some that are completed.
And even that list keeps growing on me... So sad to see this one falling victim to that need...

Maybe I'll pick it up again after it's finished... if I ever get to clear my current list.

To me, a restart is as bad as a word processor getting updated causing it to no longer support the file format it used to use before, forcing you to redo every document.
at least give us then save files for every route ending at the the point 0.6 ended...

Last edited:

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
why is so hard for so many people to just turn on the "skip unread text" option and just press ctrl till you get to the new update?

is it rocket science?
is your ctrl key not working?
can't your pc render more than 1 frame a second?
People will get bored of doing it for more than 30 seconds and get angry :LUL:

Snide_Krul

Mar 31, 2020
why is so hard for so many people to just turn on the "skip unread text" option and just press ctrl till you get to the new update?

is it rocket science?
is your ctrl key not working?
can't your pc render more than 1 frame a second?
It is not that, a lot of people when zooming through stories, will get tired and loss interest, very fast. Even for stuff that they are interested in.

Reactions: FaceCrap

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Hi recreation!
is the story continues or
it is only technical update - i mean engine change and what about engine but nothing with plot update?

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It is not that, a lot of people when zooming through stories, will get tired and loss interest, very fast. Even for stuff that they are interested in.
oh yes, of course there is some meaning in your words, you are right in a certain way. BUT! there is one BUT - the project does not change the engine every day and a hundred times a day, right? and just once, somehow, these same “many people” (sorry, "a lot of people". translator suxx) will endure and not break. Moreover, the speech is being carried out ONLY by holding down the CTRL button for a while. Those who are especially lazy can put something heavy on this button and go drink coffee. for example, an ordinary clothespin can be used for this purpose - you see, I’m even sharing technology on how even lazy people can endure these few tens of minutes while the game is played at a fast pace.

peace! =)

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Is it possible to make it so that updates will include only, let’s say, game content and code, but not the engine (which can be posted separately), which still does not change. re-downloading the engine and a set of libraries for it every time is unproductive, it’s cruel =)

although I was just making fun of those who are too lazy to hold down one button on the keyboard, nevertheless, downloading over a slow Internet connection can be painful when every extra hundred megabytes in the installer’s volume means up to half an hour of additional waiting.

and yes, I have no right to insist, I just expressed my timid wish.

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes