D

Deleted member 323812

So scene 4 of corrupting university is looping without end in sight. The one with a nurse and security. Any idea how to move on to the next event?

D

Deleted member 604239

Well, this game has ended up being a disappointment. I first discovered this game when it was at version 0.7 or 0.8. Now that it's reached 0.19 all I can say is that following it's development has been a waste of my time. We might have gotten a few more CGI nudes, but the game itself has only stagnated. If the first part of the game is a bit too grindy, the latter half is bereft of any choice whatsoever.

My main criticism of the game used to be that it pushed Ren'Py's VN UI beyond what it was capable of. Now? now my main criticism is that halfway though the game part ends and we are left with a long set of pre-scripted scenes that only give us one possible choice, click/press enter/spacebar to see the next slide and read the next bit of dialogue.

This project used to seem too ambitious, now it seems to no longer have any ambition whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Avaron1974

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Well, this game has ended up being a disappointment. I first discovered this game when it was at version 0.7 or 0.8. Now that it's reached 0.19 all I can say is that following it's development has been a waste of my time. We might have gotten a few more CGI nudes, but the game itself has only stagnated. If the first part of the game is a bit too grindy, the latter half is bereft of any choice whatsoever.

My main criticism of the game used to be that it pushed Ren'Py's VN UI beyond what it was capable of. Now? now my main criticism is that halfway though the game part ends and we just end up with long set of prescripted scenes that only give us one possible choice, click/press enter/spacebar to see the next slide and read the next bit of dialogue.

This project used to seem too ambitious, not it seems to no longer have any ambition whatsoever.
I am not earning enough even to update the PC (which is getting old and slow and its affecting its CG), let alone make dozens of different paths and routes.

I am going to take some time to polish the systems etc during the next updates but this game is p much just me on my own, and if the game was doing great I would be able to focus on it 100%, but since it doesnt I need to do other stuff too (and combine that with a slower pc and this is where we are)

Still the next part of the story will be more dynamic, but for now I wanted to give something to the already existing characters like Emma, Cynthia or Branka, instead of adding countles characters with 5 minutes of appearance (which is already happening with some of them)

Reactions: Starklim

Starklim

Feb 12, 2018
I am not earning enough even to update the PC (which is getting old and slow and its affecting its CG), let alone make dozens of different paths and routes.

I am going to take some time to polish the systems etc during the next updates but this game is p much just me on my own, and if the game was doing great I would be able to focus on it 100%, but since it doesnt I need to do other stuff too (and combine that with a slower pc and this is where we are)

Still the next part of the story will be more dynamic, but for now I wanted to give something to the already existing characters like Emma, Cynthia or Branka, instead of adding countles characters with 5 minutes of appearance (which is already happening with some of them)
don't worry there are many people who think your game is great !

idungoofd

Feb 7, 2019
don't worry there are many people who think your game is great !
Even then a lot of the features aren't fully implemented yet. Can't wait to see the body size customization, new tasks, corruptions, research ideas and the main story line as well. It makes for a good fun game, one of the most comprehensive yet well written, well thought out game. In terms of "grindy-ness", yeah it's grinding but then the cheats are there to make life a bit easier.

With the new 0.19 update though I did encounter the following error:
While loading <'Image' u'celia/expressions/st_stress.png'>:
File "game/script/locations/activism/activism task.rpy", line 46, in script
show celia stress with disf
IOError: Couldn't find file 'celia/expressions/st_stress.png'.

Shows that celia's expression is missing...I tried unzipping the files from rar but same error occur every time. Thanks.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
how to get ntr content?
At some point in the story, Emma will ask if she can have some fun with a different male character, just agree to let her have her fun. Eventually you'll be able to train the girls under your command in different skills. Choose to train them in "public use," which basically trains them to be hookers, and you'll get some more NTR content. That's all there is in the game for now, as far as I'm aware, maybe someone else can chime in if there is more than that.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Changelog v.19 ?
A few pages or so back in the thread, I read that v0.19 is really just a fix for a bug in v0.18 while trying to find a changelog. I don't think any new content was added, but I'm not completely certain.

Reactions: TNTed

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
A few pages or so back in the thread, I read that v0.19 is really just a fix for a bug in v0.18 while trying to find a changelog. I don't think any new content was added, but I'm not completely certain.
no, 0.19 is not just a bug fix

• 2 new scenes for corrupting the university, this wraps up that part of the story. In the future we will add (not so) random events that will progress according to the corruption too.
  • 4 new scenes for Ljijana, fulfilling her relationship with with Cynthia
  • 4 new scenes with Branka/Elise, with some fun and sexy stuff going on too!
  • 2 new scenes to set up the next part of the main story, but won't be advancing this too much until we finish the rest.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
no, 0.19 is not just a bug fix

• 2 new scenes for corrupting the university, this wraps up that part of the story. In the future we will add (not so) random events that will progress according to the corruption too.
  • 4 new scenes for Ljijana, fulfilling her relationship with with Cynthia
  • 4 new scenes with Branka/Elise, with some fun and sexy stuff going on too!
  • 2 new scenes to set up the next part of the main story, but won't be advancing this too much until we finish the rest.
Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated. :)

EDIT: Could you add that to the changelog in the OP for everyone to see, please? Thanks much!

spammer

Aug 3, 2017
Even then a lot of the features aren't fully implemented yet. Can't wait to see the body size customization, new tasks, corruptions, research ideas and the main story line as well. It makes for a good fun game, one of the most comprehensive yet well written, well thought out game. In terms of "grindy-ness", yeah it's grinding but then the cheats are there to make life a bit easier.

With the new 0.19 update though I did encounter the following error:
While loading <'Image' u'celia/expressions/st_stress.png'>:
File "game/script/locations/activism/activism task.rpy", line 46, in script
show celia stress with disf
IOError: Couldn't find file 'celia/expressions/st_stress.png'.

Shows that celia's expression is missing...I tried unzipping the files from rar but same error occur every time. Thanks.

copy the \TakeOver-0.19-pc\game\images\celia\expressions\st_stressed.png, rename it to st_stress.png and move it back to the folder.

spammer

Aug 3, 2017
Thank you, that solved Celia's part, but I am also missing Katy's and I can't find the st_stress.png file in her expression folder.
took one of the expressions you think what work, maybe the angry, and do the same you did with the Celia *.png :)

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes