Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Wow. I like what we get to see at the end what is coming. Looks like a really nice management part. I really like how the game expands in the future after this first part.

I hope that we will get some content in the new system to play with :)

Great work up to now. :eazyHype:

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Do we have to start over? My saves from .04 are not working :frown:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: OK just read that for old saves to work I need to start the game and save once in my house? Hope thats right .... Going to try that.

No joy _ Saves are not working _ and in fact Renpy deleted my old saves.

OK, Finally got it to work _ must start Old game first, save in houser then start new game and load last in-house save. Still got an exception that I ignored. Only then did I get msg stating game had updated... a Serious pain in the ass if you ask me.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Do we have to start over? My saves from .04 are not working :frown:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/story.rpy", line 407, in script
menu:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1522, in execute
screen choice(items):
screen choice(items):
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1531, in execute
vbox xalign 0.005 yalign 0.1:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1532, in execute
if s_05f == False:
NameError: name 's_05f' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/story.rpy", line 407, in script
menu:
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1459, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 847, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(items)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1005, in display_menu
show_screen(screen, items=item_actions, _widget_properties=props, _transient=True, _layer=renpy.config.choice_layer, **scope)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1041, in show_screen
sls.add(_layer, d, _tag, zorder=d.zorder, transient=_transient, keep_st=True, name=name)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1009, in add
self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "replaced")
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1031, in hide_or_replace
d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 443, in _hide
self.update()
File "C:\Users\pahi5\Desktop\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
screen choice(items):
screen choice(items):
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1531, in execute
vbox xalign 0.005 yalign 0.1:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1532, in execute
if s_05f == False:
File "<screen language>", line 1532, in <module>
NameError: name 's_05f' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.5"
no, you need to lod in your house and then sleep to update the file

renice

Jun 30, 2017
Not working for me either. Launched, clicked load, crashed.
Lauched, Start, skip to house. Be in house. Click load, crashed.

Same error as previous post.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Not working for me either. Launched, clicked load, crashed.
Lauched, Start, skip to house. Be in house. Click load, crashed.

Same error as previous post.
Thats not how it works lol
Open your old version of the game, save IN the house, then load in the new version of the game and sleep

DRinWV

Donor
Nov 22, 2017
Not that I am complaining because I like the current journal style and look and I am only mentioning this to see if you still intend to change the journal appearance or are you keeping the current appearance?

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Not that I am complaining because I like the current journal style and look and I am only mentioning this to see if you still intend to change the journal appearance or are you keeping the current appearance?
you mean the new one or the old one?
Like you keep the old journal until you finish this part of the story and you get a new one, and no you cant keep the old one since alld the management stuff its only updated in the new one

Metalmania

Aug 10, 2017
I´ve got this bug:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mirj/hangout/gym/04/04_id.png'>:
File "game/mirjana.rpy", line 1317, in script
"Before I can finish Mirjana sits on her knees and remove my shorts, grabbing my cock."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mirj/hangout/gym/04/04_id.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/mirjana.rpy", line 1317, in script
"Before I can finish Mirjana sits on her knees and remove my shorts, grabbing my cock."
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
who(what, interact=interact)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 877, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 716, in do_display
**display_args)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 508, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2526, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2883, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1955, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 427, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6806)
rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 196, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2978)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 693, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3440)
File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:2027)
cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
im = cache.get(self)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
surf = image.load()
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "M:\FH\Download\Unpacked\TakeOver-0.5-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 543, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mirj/hangout/gym/04/04_id.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Take Over 0.5

Avenger777

Mar 19, 2017
If the department of Enlightment educates and brainwashes the young, and the department of Knowledge broadcasts propaganda, fake news and censorship, wouldn't make more sense to switch then?

The Knowledge dept. teaches the vast..."knowledge" that the government has to turn the students on a proud (and watchful) workforce, while the Enlightment dept. brings the "light of the party aproved truth about the world and everything" to the population. Just a small nitpick on my part, but it would make more sense to the people on this type of society.

Also, question. What are your plans on this departmental take over (HA, that's the name of the game)? You gain full control of them and gain their powers à la Megaman? Corrupt the police/milita and you can make a false flag operation on other departments to calm the Fulfilment bunch and make it look like the government is doing something about these rumors and whatnot.

And a suggestion. Since the game is set on a USSR-like government, you could use an interservice rivalry, like the KGB/GRU. Put false information on a department taking funds from the another, syke them on each other, and when they are weakened, corrupt a huge part of them both.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
If the department of Enlightment educates and brainwashes the young, and the department of Knowledge broadcasts propaganda, fake news and censorship, wouldn't make more sense to switch then?

The Knowledge dept. teaches the vast..."knowledge" that the government has to turn the students on a proud (and watchful) workforce, while the Enlightment dept. brings the "light of the party aproved truth about the world and everything" to the population. Just a small nitpick on my part, but it would make more sense to the people on this type of society.

Also, question. What are your plans on this departmental take over (HA, that's the name of the game)? You gain full control of them and gain their powers à la Megaman? Corrupt the police/milita and you can make a false flag operation on other departments to calm the Fulfilment bunch and make it look like the government is doing something about these rumors and whatnot.

And a suggestion. Since the game is set on a USSR-like government, you could use an interservice rivalry, like the KGB/GRU. Put false information on a department taking funds from the another, syke them on each other, and when they are weakened, corrupt a huge part of them both.
I did took this choice because I like more the confusing aspect of it, with non-sense, contradictory names for departments or just twisted.

Knowledge or truth I think its more appropiate to be with the idea of propaganda for the regime, while enlightment its more about science or pragmatic things

edit: clicked reply too early lol
You are right about the question. When you corrupt a department you will gain certain control over them: They will help you, but of course up to certain extent since changing absolutely everything will raise the alarm from everyone else,but yes you will get certain special actions once you do that.

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes