MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
so to pursue a romantic relationship with Vera m.c must not pursue a romantic relationship with Emma
Not the case, or at least, not entirely: Your relationship with Emma will build up slower if you focus with Vera, but you will be able in the future to have an harem ending, same than you may be able to corrupt Emma in the future even if you side with her for now (aka take the corrupt path).

In other words, there will be an ending for non-corrupt harem (well, not corrupt for some girls :p since Celia, Katy, etc. that wont be changed) and everyone's corrupt harem

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I wouldn't say that. Sure, it is nice to "support" a dev and respect his wish. But this is a pirate site and it is stated many times that if a new game version is leacked to this site then it also will be upladed.

Other ways would be most likely difficulty to justified. Meaning if the site would respect the devs wishes, each devs would have their own whishes (from I share it on day 0 to I don't want) and it would not help as only some othersite would overtake this role.
I think one of the reasons of the accomodation of devs is when they are at least active and engaging. I do polls here, I take feedback, fix bugs, etc. and else too, and I am invested with the community, but if everyone is a total dick to devs (not just me, just in general) I think that wouldnt be productive for anyone

My game usually leaks here sooner than in my patreon or other sites anyway, but I would like to have a small buffer of time so people join and support my patreon too, otherwise the game will be dead and literally no one benefits from that.

Like, I understand this significantly more with games doing over 20k a month, but very small games I am not sure if its great from an efficiency stand point, and mind you I've seen big games like FILF that take months to release newer versions here, skipping months at times, where here at least my games comes out (in f95) consistently each month

war117

Nov 9, 2017
Not the case, or at least, not entirely: Your relationship with Emma will build up slower if you focus with Vera, but you will be able in the future to have an harem ending, same than you may be able to corrupt Emma in the future even if you side with her for now (aka take the corrupt path).

In other words, there will be an ending for non-corrupt harem (well, not corrupt for some girls :p since Celia, Katy, etc. that wont be changed) and everyone's corrupt harem
so the ending may have a harem ending and the type of harem ending is base on if m.c corrupt some girls or not

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I see it like you. The main reason why a dev is here is because he becomes some "values" back. Otherwise the whole forum part of this site wouldn't be necessary.
But then this site would not be much different form all the pron game hosting site over the world.

Also I see, as part of the "values", that the games here a good serachable and most of them have reviews, comments etc.
If I try to find a adult game on patreon it is a pain in the back.

Sometimes we are a bunch of pirates and nothing more. @CheekyGimp have made short time ago a social expermient with us, about when his game will be leaked here and promised us goodies in case we hold back at least 4 days...

Reactions: deluges

Miloen

Nov 4, 2018
@MaraTDuoDev Personally i feel you should update to 0.10 here a bit earlier than releasing 0.11 on patreon, as 0.9 is, for lack of a better word, "buggish" and 0.10 fixes all that. For someone new it 0.9 might be a bit of an underwhelming build towards the end and not everyone will search the thread for the fixes.
Then again it may be the exact reason more people go for patreon :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
ah intelligence is broken in 0.9, my apologies.
(Kind of) speaking of this. When I searched why intel was broke, I wondered why you pass every variables as argument instead of testing them directly ?
By example, this :
Code:
    def set_int_supp(cel, katy, dimi, mirj):
        _i = 0 # final int to return
        if cel == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        if katy == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        if dimi == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        if mirj == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        return _i + 10
can be wrote like this :
Code:
    def set_int_supp():
        _i = 0 # final int to return
        if _celia_task == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        if _katy_task == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        if _dimi_task == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        if _mirj_task == "Intelligence":
            _i += 10
        return _i + 10
And so later you just need this : $ _fin_supp_int = set_int_supp(). Not that it really change something, but it simplify your job.

On a side note, it's probably too late now that most of the code is wrote (but it can serve you in the future), an even easier way to do it would have been to not split everything like you did.

First you put all the tasks and assigned characters in the same place :
Code:
default _tasks = {}
default _possible_tasks = ["Intelligence", "Misdirection", ... ]
Using this piece of code to manage the assignation :
Code:
    def assign_task( task, who ):
        free_task( who )
        _tasks[task].append( who )

def free_task( who ):
        for t in _possible_task:
            if who in _tasks[t]: 
                _tasks[t].remove( who )
                return

def what_task( who ):
        for t in _possible_task:
            if who in _tasks[t]: 
                return t
It imply almost no real changes. For Celia, it would be :
celia.rpy:1197
Code:
    $ t = what_task( "celia" )
    "Celia current task is [t]."
celia.rpy:1202 $ free_task( "celia" )
celia.rpy:1217 $ assign_task( "Secretary", "celia" )
[and so on]

But for the screens and calculations it change many things.
First the screens :
screen security.rpy:11-22 default assigned = ", ".join( _tasks["Counter-intelligence"] )
screen security.rpy:57
text "{font=KozGoPr6N-Regular.otf}{color=#000000}{size= 15}Assigned: [assigned]. {/size}{/color}{/font}"

Secondly the calculations. Your whole calc_security.rpy now is limited to :
Code:
    def security_supplies( task ):
        return 10 + ( 10 * len( _tasks[task] ) )

def security_increase( task ):
        _i = 15

if _sec_int_upd_esp_equip is True:
            _i += 5
        if _sec_int_upd_cctv is True:
            _i += 5
        if _sec_int_upd_decrypt is True:
            _i += 5

return _i * len( _tasks[task] )
And is used like this :
Code:
    if supplies >= security_supplies("Counter-intelligence"):
        $ _fin_susp_countint = security_increase("Counter-intelligence")
        $ _fin_supp_countint = security_supplies("Counter-intelligence")
        $ supplies -= _fin_supp_countint
    else:
        "There weren't enough supplies for the counter-intelligence team to do its job properly. It's efficiency has been reduced in half."
        $ _fin_susp_countint = security_increase("Counter-intelligence")/2
        $ _fin_supp_countint = 0

if supplies >= security_supplies("Intelligence"):
        $ _fin_int_int = security_increase("Intelligence")
        $ _fin_supp_int = security_supplies("Intelligence")
        $ supplies -= _fin_supp_int
    else:
        $ _fin_int_int = security_increase("Intelligence") / 2
        $ _fin_supp_int = 0
        "There weren't enough supplies for the intelligence team to do its job properly. It's efficiency has been reduced in half."

if supplies >= security_supplies("Misdirection"):
        $ _fin_heat_misdir = security_increase("Misdirection")
        $ _fin_supp_misdir = security_supplies("Misdirection")
        $ supplies -= _fin_supp_misdir
    else:
        "There weren't enough supplies for the intelligence team to do its job properly. It's efficiency has been reduced in half."
        $ _fin_supp_misdir = 0
        $ _fin_heat_misdir = (security_increase("Misdirection")/2)
I took the security as example, but the same _tasks variable handle all the tasks, so the exact same thing apply to all the calculation functions and screens. But well, like I said, it's probably a little late now that most of your code is wrote.

Splatter_1

Mar 30, 2018
I keep getting this error in the attached photo whenever I attempt to look at my log book... Any fix for this? Without this I can not advance the game as I can't look into my journal to do work get money ect... Capture.JPG

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
I keep getting this error in the attached photo whenever I attempt to look at my log book... Any fix for this? Without this I can not advance the game as I can't look into my journal to do work get money ect... View attachment 235071
Yeah, multiple people posted about the same error just 2-3 pages back. A fix has also been posted, here is one example:

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
I play lots of games in this forum, big ones and small ones. And I haven't found a relation between the succes of the game and the time between the patreon release and being downloaded here. And I've seen more succesful games than F.I.L.F been released here in an hour of difference than patreon. Patreon is based by followers not by consumers, if that was the case the income in games that release updates every two months (more and more devs are working that way) would drop to zero untill the next update, but that not happens.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
console doesn't work for me with the last update....
me neither. i also can't seem to upgrade the club (as it is greyed out without a price tag on it) nor even find it on the map.

for the dev to know: i upgraded from 0.8 to 0.10. i saved my game in my house beforehand before loading the save.

theRealFogh

Aug 9, 2017
got this bug
i can't open the jurnal after unlocking the PPF HQ (i have the unofficial Incest Patch)
Full traceback:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 670, in script
call screen screen_new_diary
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2755, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\Games\TakeOver-0.9a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 30, in execute
screen screen_new_diary:
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 30, in execute
screen screen_new_diary:
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 33, in execute
frame:
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 145, in execute
hbox:
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 146, in execute
vbox:
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 179, in execute
hbox:
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 182, in execute
$ status_report = set_status_report()
File "game/script/screens/screen journal.rpy", line 182, in <module>
$ status_report = set_status_report()
File "game/script/screens/screen journal report.rpy", line 31, in set_status_report
if s_09 == False and claire_corr == 100:
NameError: global name 's_09' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Take Over 0.10
Tue Jan 29 23:34:48 2019

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
How can I open the console again? Shift+O doesen't work anymore...
The update contained a RenPy folder with a 00console.rpy file... probably overwrote the one you used with the acitvated console...
me neither. i also can't seem to upgrade the club (as it is greyed out without a price tag on it) nor even find it on the map.

for the dev to know: i upgraded from 0.8 to 0.10. i saved my game in my house beforehand before loading the save.
Do you have enough money for that (2500$)?

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
The update contained a RenPy folder with a 00console.rpy file... probably overwrote the one you used with the acitvated console...

Do you have enough money for that (2500$)?
so much?! jeez. i can hardly make 120 bucks a day without raising suspicion and heat o_O
edit: fast forwarded my game to get the money and it is possible to upgrade it. still, knowing how much it would actually cost would be great to know.

Reactions: Darkaura

Splatter_1

Mar 30, 2018
I pretty much just went home and back out to fix it so that the game updates itself.
I Honestly have done that 20 times.... Nothing is working. But thank you for the reply. This seems to be the same error that is posted by another user... I never got the whole error the first time around. Sorry. Capture1.JPG

3.70 star(s) 81 Votes