NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
One thing about this that kind of gets me is that they all know he sleeps with Jade. So, just for that reason there shouldn’t be an expectation of monogamy unless they brought it up. Celine even mentions that when she sees him and he gets her to agree to an open relationship.

So, I think the difference is in knowing a thing, and actually seeing a thing. It’s one thing to know he sleeps with “other women” on occasion or with Jade who he’s been with for years. It’s another thing when they see he is sleeing with their best friend or sister or whomever. So, I don’t think he’s cheating as he assumes they all know, and they do know, more or less, but each girl has to deal with it when it comes out that he’s sleeping with Celine specifically for example. Or when they all learn that he is with all his sisters eventually for example. He isn’t cheating, they all know he isn’t exclusive, they just didn’t know he was with “her,” whomever it is that makes them specifically upset.
I really hope it gets framed more like that as things develop further. On a meta level, I'm honestly getting tired of this trope where MC just sleeps around in total secrecy, gets found out and then suddenly everyone is on board with a harem. It's just artificial drama in this kind of game, much more fun when everything is in the open and MC gets teased about new members and possible additions instead.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I really hope it gets framed more like that as things develop further. On a meta level, I'm honestly getting tired of this trope where MC just sleeps around in total secrecy, gets found out and then suddenly everyone is on board with a harem. It's just artificial drama in this kind of game, much more fun when everything is in the open and MC gets teased about new members and possible additions instead.
I dont know, playing Harem Pokemon Gotta Bang'em All without consequences always felt boring to me, especially since these game do trying being choice-based, so personally I always hope being a man-whore blows up in your face somehow... and not the good kind. Then again, it IS an harem game from the start, I just dont enjoy the notion that every single girl is okay sharing AND compatible with each other. IRL girls are extremely jealous, competitive and not into sharing at all. I know this is a game of course, but I do enjoy some drama.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
IRL girls are extremely jealous, competitive and not into sharing at all. I know this is a game of course, but I do enjoy some drama.
Maybe check out games with the "cheating" tag, instead of the "harem" one.
A lot of harem games are not gonna contain much drama involved with getting the girls to accept each other, as it kinda goes against the MO of them being a harem. They need to be poly.
Some do but, as you say, they are limited, so perhaps that other tag would provide more of the drama you want?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
English is not my first language. So rightign while thinking in french sometime bring forth some weird sentences. But I am at least glad that what I was trying to convey came throught.
Your English was very good! Don't worry, your message was clear & I was not criticising, in any way. Just passing on information. (y)
Suffix "ate" is used to show that an object has a characteristic.
So passion"ate" is someone/something (object) full of/displaying passion (characteristic).
It's also used as to indicate belonging to a group, like elector"ate".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
One thing about this that kind of gets me is that they all know he sleeps with Jade. So, just for that reason there shouldn’t be an expectation of monogamy unless they brought it up. Celine even mentions that when she sees him and he gets her to agree to an open relationship.
I'm not sure how much Jade counts for the purposes of this society. At the beginning, she is just a sex-slave. It would make sense to be that having sex with your sex-slave is no more cheating on an exclusive partner than using a dildo would be (and people who think that masturbating/using toys is cheating on a partner should burn in hell). Of course once we start to be in charge of Camran, Jade becomes more of a fuck-buddy.

But maybe I should just try to be convinced by you and enjoy the game more that way :)

Reactions: JoeTheMC84

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
this will be harem, perverteer has stated so but who will be in is only known by him.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
I dont know, playing Harem Pokemon Gotta Bang'em All without consequences always felt boring to me, especially since these game do trying being choice-based, so personally I always hope being a man-whore blows up in your face somehow... and not the good kind. Then again, it IS an harem game from the start, I just dont enjoy the notion that every single girl is okay sharing AND compatible with each other. IRL girls are extremely jealous, competitive and not into sharing at all. I know this is a game of course, but I do enjoy some drama.
Oh, I really don't mind complications on the way to the harem. In fact, I'd love to see situations where seducing someone to join the harem requires extra steps like negotiating arrangements, or helping harem members get along, etc. What I am complaining about here is not that Lilly isn't thrilled with the idea of being just one of many in Camran's harem. My complaint is that Camran is cheating on her.

Of course we do probably strongly disagree, in as far as I hate it even more when games don't offer the "all of them"-option for love interests (and I mean "love" here, one night stands etc I don't mind missing out on). I don't insist on everything being a harem game, giving me a single LI is ok, too :) Just don't make be choose.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I "solve" this issue for myself by not persuing everyone. Also because of this i trully hope the developer find a way to account for this by doing some alternative endings for some of them, like Vess and Timm getting together for instance.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Maybe check out games with the "cheating" tag, instead of the "harem" one.
A lot of harem games are not gonna contain much drama involved with getting the girls to accept each other, as it kinda goes against the MO of them being a harem. They need to be poly.
Some do but, as you say, they are limited, so perhaps that other tag would provide more of the drama you want?
It doesnt bother me all that much, I do tend to play a lot of harem games mostly for the quality of the game itself and the overall storyline, and they kinda work for me, except in the endings usually, where it simply ends with the MC banging all of them, the end. I am okay with you banging all the girls up until a certain point, but I'd like the idea some girls not being into the harem and make the MC choose. Choices are fun and consequences too. BaDIK did it nice for me (albeit a tad too soon maybe), where the MC gets to choose if he wants to man-whore if he is a DIK, or stick to a path of all the available ones you unlock.

Best example I have its No More Secrets, that ending I had the sister, cousin and aunt (like TFTUV) on the relationship with the MC. By the end, there's not even much of a talk about it, they just accept it without much issues or nay sayers. I think it went against some girls/LI character development, and usually the harem story parts are really sloopy and not really well done. Witcher 3 for example punishes you for being greedy, I think stuff like that is kinda cool in romance games.

But like I said, in these sort of games it doesnt bother me all that much, I am just a fan of a mexican telenovela and I raise my dongers when quality non-harem games (and not sandboxes too) do get released.

Reactions: whichone

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
reunion is harem game with some drama until girls and women become part of harem.
Can you be more specific? I just found three different games named Reunion or The Reunion.
This made me laugh, I was in another thread the other day and the same thing happened. Someone started talking about a game called Reunion and people started talking about what happens in the game and we soon realized that everyone was talking a different one of the many games with that title.

That is one great thing about TftUV. No other game has a title like it.

I think this game is handling the idea of building a harem well so far, there is some drama but so far it hasn't been too much. I hope it keeps the balance it has going.

4.40 star(s) 134 Votes