ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
SunlessXre Bit of a late reply, but I appreciate your feedback would definitely take your points into consideration. I'm going to try out some of the games you mentioned as well.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
btw. message to dev about quests. and i'm not saying this because i think your game has bad quests.(the kill and collect quest was pretty tedious from sophie. first collect quest was fine though) but because your game is in really early development. and i thought it could give you some inspiration going forward.

I recommend looking towards games like roundscape adorevia, monstergirl quest: Paradox, and i remember Arms devicer rio also being good.(long time since i played).
but you should look at these games. especially adorevia. for good quest ideas, and decent quest structure + questline structure and design for a more linear style game.(which is what i'm assuming you're going for).

one thing i would definitely like to see. is more side quests/content. but also some options in quests. and i think those games above do a decent job. as very linear narrative games. especially Adorevia, and Rio, which are far more linear. (paradox has a linear main story, with branching paths. but is a full blown open world game, with story locked zones(unlocking parts of map through quests+story).

now some things these games do well.
1. some of the quests you get aren't necessarily ones you are supposed to complete right away. but are ones you will resolve, or only be resolvable after you've done other tasks. unlocked other areas/content/acquainted or joined certain factions/individuals etc. or gained access to new abilities that make these tasks completeable.
another thing some of them do. especially with fetch or kill/collect quests. is they are tied to other quests. or can be completed while doing other quests. making the task of gathering the materials. or say. dropping off a letter/finding an heirloom. feel really rewarding and non tedious.

an of this would be a request to gather some wolf pelts, so your potential client can make some rugs etc. and then you have another quest or bounty dealing with a pack of rogue wolves living within a cave, who have been harrassing or killing locals, and disrupting their bussines, which is led by a vicious alpha with a recognisable scar from a previous scuffle with the locals, that you must claim the head of as proof. and on top of that. someones family sword could be found hidden in that cave. aswell as the corpse of a characters missing parent/friend/partner with which you were asked to locate the whereabouts of. and potentially being rewarded for verifying their status, while recieving a bonus for finding that weapon.(or Coercing them for a reward for the return of said sword. or even just pretending you never found it. with the former potentially causing a fight to break out with the client for demanding too much. this is an extremely easy, and time friendly way of adding a choice within a given quest. and having it have some impact. especially if that client offered some form of service for example.)

another would be where you are looking for information on this stone, for example. within the, say. "city of honeylake". and you have also been tasked to deliver something. collect something, or do something by someone else within that city(or house, or forest, or dungeon or whatever). within said destination, available at some point before you have the task to collect information about the stone at said destination. this way. the player feels somewhat "smart", or "economical". killing two birds with one "Stone". it also removes the tedium of traveling all the way to a location for 1 uninteresting task. then having to walk all the way back. with this. you could stack a whole bunch of simple quests and tasks together, along side more interesting ones. and people will appreciate that extra content. and won't see it as a boring chore.

2. they will give you a couple options of completing a task, or allow you to tackle it in a different order. we'll use the "find information on alchemy stone", as an example. you may have a couple people you are forced to interact with in a linear sequence of events to find your answer. or be pointed to the solution to finding it. instead. you could have it so you can interact or access all, or a couple of them at once. and either still requiring both of them to move forward. or each of them individually(or requiring some of them, but not all) allowing you to move on in the quest. but offering their own unique bonus, or "flavour" for choosing their route. an example would be a city guard, or official. and a mercenary leader.
if you go through the guard route. it might increase your standing with the guards, and give you a perk, or access to a special service.(permission to buy from blacksmith in town, lenience in crime for another quest, personal reward from official. etc) and with the mercenaries. you may be able to unlock hireable companions, or they might be able to aid you in other tasks later down the line.

i'll leave with those two things. there's alot of really good stuff they do. but this reply's really long. So, i'll just add one last thing. and this is a personal request i'd like to see.

The ability to have some options of what your character decides to say during dialogue. it doesn't necessarily have to alter the outcome of the encounter. but it would be cool if it at least altered the flow of the conversation. it would definitely add some nice role playing favour. to this "role playing" game. I do understand that this is somewhat time consuming. but it's something i'd like to see.
I think this is very good advice. (y) (y) (y)

eneas56

Feb 16, 2021
I will follow this. Hopefully with a cheat mode to make things easier. I´m here only for big tits...

Pauliwinx23

Mar 26, 2021
who is the first woman in black? I have finished the entire games but I have never seen the girl with a sword who is dressed in black.

ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
who is the first woman in black? I have finished the entire games but I have never seen the girl with a sword who is dressed in black.
Glad you asked! That's the mercernary captain, one of the main villains in the game. She was briefly introduced in the earlier updates, but her content was cut because I didn't think her appearance was appropriate just yet.

She'll appear again and serve a pivotal role in the story, once the matters concerning the Creyford murders are solved.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Glad you asked! That's the mercernary captain, one of the main villains in the game. She was briefly introduced in the earlier updates, but her content was cut because I didn't think her appearance was appropriate just yet.

She'll appear again and serve a pivotal role in the story, once the matters concerning the Creyford murders are solved.
that trained girl in your profile pic, right? And who is the pirate girl on the thumbnail?

Reactions: luisar018

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
Just started replaying bg2 and now I see this, baldur's gate similar something in OP.. Seems like I gotta try this game out! Also it doesn't matter how much money devs put down on graphics and such in RPGs.. They still can't beat baldur's gate 2!

• Angry
Reactions: ZagorTeNay

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
TURN-BASED COMBAT :LOL:
The game looks really good, but TBC, Ugh, and Phooey :cautious:
I'm calling the ROCK!
The game looks good, though :)
1624290890497.png
1624291029935.jpeg

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
The next update is already in the testing phase, and early access will be released on Patreon sometime this week:). By the way, if anyone has any suggestions/feecback for the game, please feel free to share them here or pm me. I welcome all constructive feedback.
i hope you saw mine as constructive at least I tried cause I like the game

CrimsonDevil

Mar 4, 2019
The renders look absolutely amazing but playing as a goblin is a turn off for me. Good luck to the dev though.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
The renders look absolutely amazing but playing as a goblin is a turn off for me. Good luck to the dev though.
the gobbo should just look a bit taller and more ugly thats all. since he is intended to be a young goblin he should not look way older. and nice renders i agree aswell as quite a lot of nice girls

excuse me but why is this under latest updates when there is no new content? did i miss anything?

Last edited:
Reactions: gogo8320
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes