Sep 2, 2020
Here comes whats really bad about this:

I went out of the Village and the fighting is just way too much... every few pixels you get attacked and potions running out.

Too bad cause otherwise fun and nice renders but when im 3 fights in and no chance of even reachin the next screen or safety.

No fun in that. :(
I dont think many people will be into game maker fighting mechanics.

Sep 2, 2020
Yeah several renders were used as placeholders and I plan to replace them with higher quality versions down the line.

I've tried using Nvidia denoiser in the past but it seems to get rid of too much detail and make the characters look like wax statues. Really I think it's just my underpowered GPU that's throttling the render times. I'll give this a try though.
The nvidia denoiser isnt all bad when one knows how to use em.
The trick is to have enough resolution to begin with ... like 2000x2000 and then around 2000 samples max and 50 min.
The denoiser is start at 2000 samples not before.. its normal settings is like 1 or so which is garbage. You can also set the affected pixels from 3 to 2. The denoiser then will not kill fine details like bumbs. But in general the intel denoiser is even better so try it and dont just disregard it from bad experiences or hearsay from certain people that say the only way to photorealism is 15000 samples and no denoiser .. which would take ages and makes game dev impossible.

Most renders look fine btw jsut had a couple of noisier in the hut and where is little light there u get more noise... so the only ways to fight that is either more light more samples or denoise or a mixture of all of that of course. But its ok anyway just wanted to help to get even higher quality as the rest looked so nice.

edit" Settings here are of course not set in stone .. results vary depending on scene complexity and in and outdoor light and that sort of stuff.. but it may be useful as a starting point and is good enough for closups of face to be rendered in good detail in less than 10 minutes on an rtx card. Or less than 30 on most other hardware thats not ancient.

Last edited:

ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
Here comes whats really bad about this:

I went out of the Village and the fighting is just way too much... every few pixels you get attacked and potions running out.
The forest is meant to be challenging but not overly so. I mean, you're literally a lone goblin wandering around with minimal equipment so the odds are kind of stacked against you.

Depending on which enemy you fight, you should be able to reach level 2 after 3 or 4 encounters. Level up heals all your HP and grants you an attack ability (backstab) which should help you deal with the boss.

Another strategy would be to just run away from all the fights dark souls style and save the potions for the boss. The game starts to open up after you reach the first town, and you can always come back later to level up.

Sep 2, 2020
The forest is meant to be challenging but not overly so. I mean, you're literally a lone goblin wandering around with minimal equipment so the odds are kind of stacked against you.

Depending on which enemy you fight, you should be able to reach level 2 after 3 or 4 encounters. Level up heals all your HP and grants you an attack ability (backstab) which should help you deal with the boss.

Another strategy would be to just run away from all the fights dark souls style and save the potions for the boss. The game starts to open up after you reach the first town, and you can always come back later to level up.
hmm i havent seen even the option to run to be honest .. but i also had the heart to try a new and found out that the randomisation of the events is quite off.. THe first time they came like every 30 pixels or so after me and i couldnt even reach the next screen the time after restart i got through with only one fight and only one dog instead before there were always 2.

Plus noone knows how long this is and how far and where to go although there is that path but that goes just to something that looks like a dead end.
so this may be clear to you but anyone else will probably be as discouraged as me when facing this in the beginning of the game.. just saying.

ColdCats

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2021
Fair point. I'll see if I can make the random encounters more consistent. And if anyone gets stuck after reaching the end of the forest, walking towards the wooden pillars to the right will trigger the next area.

Sep 2, 2020
I may try again tomorrow im probably off for now.
In further development maybe put some sign post for the stupid and tired like me and definetly hard code the encounters to doable at least at start or make difficulty settings a player can choose from for this type of stuff.. Even better make choice to skip this part.. Most peeps dont wanna do this and still have the fun part.. those may pay on patreon too.

Although you can make a poll for that or do that only for development and take that out later for example.
Most important part for you is get people into this and not putting them off by making it too hard.

good games are easy to play and hard to master.

Redeemed

May 3, 2017
models look awesome, captain my favorite so far, gameplay questing is regular stuff, some might find it to be boring but its literally just standard

not much too complain about atm, obviously the MC is something you have to get used to, but its a solid first impression

Reactions: Busted1201

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
so... I've played all the way thtough it an I have few things to say:
- the experience awarded for fighting wolves is too little compared to how difficult it is.. and leveling takes way too much exp
- backstab: it should use TP as it's not a magical skill but a sword attack. at the moment it's just not worth using except for the fight with Hera.
-the fight with Hera, the assasin is too hot to kill (and the authorities would probably execute her); it would be more fitting if when being "punished", she tricked the goblin and escaped. she seems like a possible party member.
- the snobby courtesan... I can't wait to have some fun with her!

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
After white wolves and going through pillars, is there any content beside road to nowhere?
interact with the log in the middle of the road and you'll reach the city, there you can sell sharp fangs for 50 gold, do some quests, and for 1000 gold join the church (it will give you a place to rest) and hunt down the hot assasin

Reactions: IIIllllIIIllllIII

Aracnan

Jul 5, 2017
interact with the log in the middle of the road and you'll reach the city, there you can sell sharp fangs for 50 gold, do some quests, and for 1000 gold join the church (it will give you a place to rest) and hunt down the hot assasin
Thanks, but i must admit I'm blind, can't see any log on the road.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes