4.40 star(s) 33 Votes

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
So quick question, why ruin Mine's hair?
She a cat, she can't do her hair proprely and Ophelia is done helping her.

Should we have been able to pick up all the required Harem points btw? I got a lot of them but maaaaaaaay have neglected Elise a bit.

Also, Foursome with the Grunbogs when?
ATM there are 3 Hpts, one of those point can be earned through Elise or Through Chumee to be sure to totally stop the branching romances there.

Starting 0.8 basically it's as if you romanced both if you have enough Hpts.
As for three/foursomes

If I everything follows my plan the 1st threesome will happen during 0.9

Reactions: Karnewarrior

sumthing3123

Feb 6, 2020
I wont lie that outro in the latest update (0.8.1) was really cute, if I had the money for it I would gladly send a donation your way Stronk. But all I can do is say I appreciate your work and wish you and all other developers the best, also wide mc is best mc.

THEvDARKvLEGEND

Jul 18, 2017
She a cat, she can't do her hair proprely and Ophelia is done helping her.
This makes no sense and doesn't match what was said in game. But if this is true why all of a sudden does Ophelia not like her Cat anymore, the cat she loved so much she made human, but not enough to keep up her looks anymore or at least teach the now human cat to do her own hair.

I apologize if I come across as aggressive, but I am starting to get really upset with developers changing established characters without giving players a choice on the new appearance and not give me the choice to say it looks terrible go back to the way it was before. I understand that having two different hairstyles would mean some images would have to be made twice but then just don't change the hair. This change has made my favorite character into someone I want nothing to do with anymore.

So I will ask really nicely, is there anyway you could go back and give Mine her old hair. I was really enjoying this game until I saw the first image with Mine's new hair and I immediately exited. I then went and tried to play on later but I just couldn't get past how awful I believed the new haircut looked.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
This makes no sense and doesn't match what was said in game. But if this is true why all of a sudden does Ophelia not like her Cat anymore, the cat she loved so much she made human, but not enough to keep up her looks anymore or at least teach the now human cat to do her own hair.

I apologize if I come across as aggressive, but I am starting to get really upset with developers changing established characters without giving players a choice on the new appearance and not give me the choice to say it looks terrible go back to the way it was before. I understand that having two different hairstyles would mean some images would have to be made twice but then just don't change the hair. This change has made my favorite character into someone I want nothing to do with anymore.

So I will ask really nicely, is there anyway you could go back and give Mine her old hair. I was really enjoying this game until I saw the first image with Mine's new hair and I immediately exited. I then went and tried to play on later but I just couldn't get past how awful I believed the new haircut looked.
Nop, not gonna happen.

Changes in hairstyle / clothes are pointing towards growth for characters, and the girls are the primary target to change.

I'm sorry if you don't like her new hairstyle, but I won't change it.

ToU is my project and I pick decisions mostly on feedback that I recieve, suggestions, and my personnal appreciation.

If One day I decide that fuck it, Jack Nicholson is the canon MC, and you must reunite every Fortnite skins to defeat his nemesis "Todd Howard" at the peak of Mount Hyjal, then it is. (I won't do it)

I develop what I'd play, and I don't want to catter to people's demands too hard otherwise this wouldn't be my project anymore.

I wont lie that outro in the latest update (0.8.1) was really cute, if I had the money for it I would gladly send a donation your way Stronk. But all I can do is say I appreciate your work and wish you and all other developers the best, also wide mc is best mc.
Many thanks friend, as I said, I work out of love, and out of inspiration, that's why sometimes update take time, i'd rather take more time to do something I love than something I want to put out for the sake of putting it out !

And I felt like it was important to talk directly to every people that helped me get there, alongside players, because before even anything players and fans are the first reason content still comes out !

THEvDARKvLEGEND

Jul 18, 2017
Nop, not gonna happen.

Changes in hairstyle / clothes are pointing towards growth for characters, and the girls are the primary target to change.

I'm sorry if you don't like her new hairstyle, but I won't change it.

ToU is my project and I pick decisions mostly on feedback that I recieve, suggestions, and my personnal appreciation.

If One day I decide that fuck it, Jack Nicholson is the canon MC, and you must reunite every Fortnite skins to defeat his nemesis "Todd Howard" at the peak of Mount Hyjal, then it is. (I won't do it)

I develop what I'd play, and I don't want to catter to people's demands too hard otherwise this wouldn't be my project anymore.
Then here's a piece of advice.
I looked through here and at your Patreon page. I couldn't find anything on here that might have said her hair was going to change and based off the titles of the Patron posts(behind pay wall) they don't tell people either. If you are going to change the appearance of someone irreversibly you need to tell the patrons immediately so they can cancel patronage like I would have if was paying like I planned. Withholding that information is a malicious attempt to gain more money from people that other words would no longer want to pay.

Also I don't like how you didn't even defend your terrible justification for changing Her hair. You just said it's my game I do it my way. And to be clear I am not against changes in hairstyle, I think Himia's change was good because when I first saw her I thought she was an antagonist not a potential ally, and the new hairstyle fits her personality much better. I am just saying that your choice in new hairstyle for Mine is bad and the justification in game is pretty lackluster and your justification here is just plain terrible, "She a cat, Cats can't do their own hair."

Last edited:

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I looked through here and at your Patreon page. I couldn't find anything on here that might have said her hair was going to change and based off the titles of the Patron posts(behind pay wall) they don't tell people either. If you are going to change the appearance of someone irreversibly you need to tell the patrons immediately so they can cancel patronage like I would have if was paying like I planned. Withholding that information is a malicious attempt to gain more money from people that other words would no longer want to pay.

Also I don't like how you didn't even defend your terrible justification for changing Her hair. You just said it's my game I do it my way. And to be clear I am not against changes in hairstyle, I think Himia's change was good because when I first saw her I thought she was an antagonist not a potential ally, and the new hairstyle fits her personality much better. I am just saying that your choice in new hairstyle for Mine is bad and the justification in game is pretty lackluster and your justification here is just plain terrible," She a cat, Cats can't do their own hair.
Lmao

Daiju Fuma

Nov 14, 2019
THEvDARKvLEGEND

I thought
I don't like
You are talking about YOUR opinion as if it is the ultimate truth. Sorry i have to tell you, but it is not. You don't like the new hair and we all did understand that by now. But your request to change it back was simply rejected. So stopp being such a baby and live with it ;)

If you are going to change the appearance of someone irreversibly you need to tell the patrons immediately so they can cancel patronage like I would have if was paying like I planned.
That is just low. I support him since his first or second version of his game and i will not stopp that for a silly reason like a haircut of a single person. If you really intended to support the dev you would have done that already. So don't try to threaten people with obvious lies ;)

And one last thing, maybe you should learn how to render and program so you can make your own game with all the haircut you like. So nobody can tell you off ;)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
THEvDARKvLEGEND

You are talking about YOUR opinion as if it is the ultimate truth. Sorry i have to tell you, but it is not. You don't like the new hair and we all did understand that by now. But your request to change it back was simply rejected. So stopp being such a baby and live with it ;)

That is just low. I support him since his first or second version of his game and i will not stopp that for a silly reason like a haircut of a single person. If you really intended to support the dev you would have done that already. So don't try to threaten people with obvious lies ;)

And one last thing, maybe you should learn how to render and program so you can make your own game with all the haircut you like. So nobody can tell you off ;)
Agreed! If he doesn't like the change just move on... I have to be honest but I didn't even really notice the hair change. A cosmetic change isn't going to stop me from supporting a dev (currently the lack of money does).

f_n_f

Apr 8, 2018
I can't open the gallery, all of the options throw an IOError: Couldn't find file 'lock.png' and crash the game. Does this happen to anyone else?

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I can't open the gallery, all of the options throw an IOError: Couldn't find file 'lock.png' and crash the game. Does this happen to anyone else?
This bug has been reported a while ago yeah, it's mostly due to the fact that the "lock" pic that is supposed to be displayed for locked scenes is actually a ".jpg" so for now the only fix would be to change in the gallery file every "lock.png" into "lock.jpg"

Reactions: f_n_f

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
This bug has been reported a while ago yeah, it's mostly due to the fact that the "lock" pic that is supposed to be displayed for locked scenes is actually a ".jpg" so for now the only fix would be to change in the gallery file every "lock.png" into "lock.jpg"
Huh, I didn't know even the game has standards...It prefers .PNG than good ol' .JPG...

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Huh, I didn't know even the game has standards...It prefers .PNG than good ol' .JPG...
Yeah, when I saved the pic for the lock, I didn't even noticed it was a jpg, main issue is that the code directly takes the png as it is written "lock.png"

Just me casually being an idiot, I might do the same as 0.7.5 and make a 0.8.5 that will have a bit of content and a fix for the gallery tbh

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
Finally played through this a few days ago, and I love it! From the memes, the interludes/intermissions, to the girls, everything is damn good.

The whole sequence with Potato Hero from HHG and Sensei made me laugh uncontrollably.

f_n_f

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah, when I saved the pic for the lock, I didn't even noticed it was a jpg, main issue is that the code directly takes the png as it is written "lock.png"

Just me casually being an idiot, I might do the same as 0.7.5 and make a 0.8.5 that will have a bit of content and a fix for the gallery tbh
I swapped the lock.jpg to lock.png but then all entries now have lock icons and can't be clicked now

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
I swapped the lock.jpg to lock.png but then all entries now have lock icons and can't be clicked now
Then I need to take a closer look to that, thanks for the report I'll take care of it as soon as I have the time, jesus christ this gallery will make me crazy

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017

Also I don't like how you didn't even defend your terrible justification for changing Her hair. You just said it's my game I do it my way. And to be clear I am not against changes in hairstyle, I think Himia's change was good because when I first saw her I thought she was an antagonist not a potential ally, and the new hairstyle fits her personality much better. I am just saying that your choice in new hairstyle for Mine is bad and the justification in game is pretty lackluster and your justification here is just plain terrible, "She a cat, Cats can't do their own hair."
I wish I had a bot that would notify me whenever you're the dev of some game so if you ever make one I could come to that thread and tell you the girls' hair sucks.

DogManSalad

Feb 13, 2020
No, you need to do that right now. And I'd better be able to romance Lord Byron.

Also, that new Himia scene
tombstone.jpg

Reactions: MrFriendly

Davner

Jan 30, 2018
Is there like a walk through? I am on my third choice and already don't know the path to have the best, harem, content

4.40 star(s) 33 Votes