4.40 star(s) 33 Votes

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Hi, Stronkboi. 8th of May you said that, July is ending now. I don't wanna haste you or point you to your words but I really like your game and I think I miss the next update for quite a long time. Of course, you're a dev and a sole creator of Tales of Unity but we, players, really want to play the next update. I hope you're doing well.
Hey, so I need to come clean, but the main reason I delayed the update THAT hard is because I was about to move out.
Getting an appartment is my sole IRL objective, so I gave most of my time into ensuring it could happen, unfortunatly, it didn't.
So, that's some time wasted.
I'm still working daily on the game, even though I had to take an almost two month long break due to being unable to work proprely.
I can't say when the update will come and trust me I lose sleep over it, I'd say I'm about 50% done with ToU's update, and 25% done with Project Jericho's.
A Beta will come out soon, that much I can promise as it only needs one event and one animation to be done.
Again, terribly sorry for the delay

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
When we going to see beta 11 as it showed that was released back in April from Patreon page.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
"Chumee's gaze is lost, but she seems satisfied with her condition. Perhaps things could have gone differently if you two were closer."
"could have gone differently if you two were closer."
i... picked literally every choice that increased her love though???

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
"Chumee's gaze is lost, but she seems satisfied with her condition. Perhaps things could have gone differently if you two were closer."
Let me look into the code and see exactly the requirement
Also, this is why I gave up on love points it's just annoying and frustrating to players

Reactions: Daiju Fuma

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
So the one variable that prevents this is ElenaBook
You've got to read the part about Elena while reading the Tales of Unity
That said it requires Elise's route, this scene was supposed to be a bridge from Elise's route to Harem / Chumee
I'll have to add the scene regardless of Lpoints towards Elise, I'll add a small requirement for chumee so that she can recieve it anyway

Reactions: Daiju Fuma

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
So the one variable that prevents this is ElenaBook
You've got to read the part about Elena while reading the Tales of Unity
That said it requires Elise's route, this scene was supposed to be a bridge from Elise's route to Harem / Chumee
I'll have to add the scene regardless of Lpoints towards Elise, I'll add a small requirement for chumee so that she can recieve it anyway
Weird requirement with this having a harem route, basically saying a wt mod is manditory to help with dif routes instead of just letting if flow with choices ( because that requirment makes no sense at all). That said the art style is growing on me and who the hell could pass up that cute as fuck goblin girl even though her name consistently reminds me of chumlee from pawn stars:sick: Dialogue has gotten a lil (and i mean little) better...maybe you should refine the dialogue between chars, and get a proof reader or a different one because as of this latest update the dialouge just doesnt flow naturaly (surely you can see that, just with how comments here are put) and at the moment its a weird mix of formal and awkwardness that doesn't really click (dialouge reminds me of the TINH vn)

Even with the weirdness in the dialogue will def reco this to peeps

• Haha
Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Weird requirement with this having a harem route, basically saying a wt mod is manditory to help with dif routes instead of just letting if flow with choices ( because that requirment makes no sense at all). That said the art style is growing on me and who the hell could pass up that cute as fuck goblin girl even though her name consistently reminds me of chumlee from pawn stars:sick: Dialogue has gotten a lil (and i mean little) better...maybe you should refine the dialogue between chars, and get a proof reader or a different one because as of this latest update the dialouge just doesnt flow naturaly (surely you can see that, just with how comments here are put) and at the moment its a weird mix of formal and awkwardness that doesn't really click (dialouge reminds me of the TINH vn)

Even with the weirdness in the dialogue will def reco this to peeps
I appreciate you going through the game and enjoying it despite it's numerous flaws
I agree that some choice requirement need to be patched up and modified, this game has been on the work table for 3 years, and well, during this time, mentality and choices evolve, down the line I'll have to patch everything up including a rework of chapter 1.

Where is part 3 Update is it coming soon ?
I'm afraid I can't give a proper date, I know it's been 9 month and I'm terribly ashamed of it, I can give a date for the Beta as it'll be available within the week though, but beyond that I'm afraid I can't say anything without being sure, you can read the 2 latest patreon post (they're free)
That talk about it and my plans, once again my most sincere apologie for the massive delay

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
I appreciate you going through the game and enjoying it despite it's numerous flaws
I agree that some choice requirement need to be patched up and modified, this game has been on the work table for 3 years, and well, during this time, mentality and choices evolve, down the line I'll have to patch everything up including a rework of chapter 1.

I'm afraid I can't give a proper date, I know it's been 9 month and I'm terribly ashamed of it, I can give a date for the Beta as it'll be available within the week though, but beyond that I'm afraid I can't say anything without being sure, you can read the 2 latest patreon post (they're free)
That talk about it and my plans, once again my most sincere apologie for the massive delay
Wouldn't call them flaws, the fact that there so many of us enjoying your work proves that even if someone like me finds it awkward or weird at times there is still a unique charm to it. yup you should be ashamed 9 months...but if we get more Chumee next update all will be forgiven :love:

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
So happy to hear this game is still in the works, i absolutely love it and think it's worth the wait.

Playertheguy

Mar 18, 2019
I was playing as a good person. But after seing the selfrighteousness of Leonie, Ygritte and those people. i just want to ruin them. I hatecharacters that ruin others and act selfrightous about it. I dont think that keeping them alive is a good deed.
And i will wait for when we get the oportunity to end them to go back to the game, otherwise i will be just frustrated at their "friendly" scenes and interactions as if i am susposed to ignore their actions just because they act like they are good people.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I was playing as a good person. But after seing the selfrighteousness of Leonie, Ygritte and those people. i just want to ruin them. I hatecharacters that ruin others and act selfrightous about it. I dont think that keeping them alive is a good deed.
And i will wait for when we get the oportunity to end them to go back to the game, otherwise i will be just frustrated at their "friendly" scenes and interactions as if i am susposed to ignore their actions just because they act like they are good people.
I would not be surprised that they were tricked by the one guy and after they accomplished the change he did not make them forget the past themselves.. he (forget his name) is just that type of evil bastard. Seems the book was created by one of them realizing it maybe the wrong move to help remind themselves.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
It's the very point of character development.
Not every character is supposed to be cookie cutter friendly, there is depth, Leonie & Ygritte are people like that, circumstances brought them up to where they are now.
Leonie is a mirror character to another character which you will get more informations later in the game
As for Ygritte her story will develop with 0.12 onward.

The game is meant to challenge your ideas, when I make a major choice, not once do I ever say "Ok good players do that"
"Bad players do this"
Sometimes choices need to be set on the moral scale.

Sometimes you need to confront what SHOULD be done, and what you WANT to do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you enjoy the game, keep playing it characters are meant to annoy you or please you, the story isn't one sided otherwise I'd be a really poor writer.

I would not be surprised that they were tricked by the one guy and after they accomplished the change he did not make them forget the past themselves.. he (forget his name) is just that type of evil bastard. Seems the book was created by one of them realizing it maybe the wrong move to help remind themselves.
My intention behind the backstory stuff with Leonie & Ygritte was to show that they're obviously normal folk, Leonie is like a big sister to Ygritte which never had anyone in her life.
Circumstances brought them together in the great scheme of things and brought them to commit atrocities for the sake of an ideology, hence why Leonie never apologized for siding with Athael, to her his motives were justified but that's a moral cesspool which will be explored as well.

Don't forget, characters are made and follow a development that changes them for the better or not.
ToU and Project: Jericho my secondary project, are not cookie cutter happy life visual novels, some characters you will hate, others you will love, and others you'll first hate then love.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Dunno if Stronk ever got around to explaining it in more detail in the game, but "Chumee" is a combinatorial name. "mee" is the female particle, like how "a" in a spanish dialect usually indicates something is female.

Ergo, her name is Chu, and she's a girl. So, Chumee. If you think about it like that you might be able to break the word up in your head into the particles and kill the connection to that awful Pawn Stars reference.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Dunno if Stronk ever got around to explaining it in more detail in the game, but "Chumee" is a combinatorial name. "mee" is the female particle, like how "a" in a spanish dialect usually indicates something is female.

Ergo, her name is Chu, and she's a girl. So, Chumee. If you think about it like that you might be able to break the word up in your head into the particles and kill the connection to that awful Pawn Stars reference.
I never did come around to explaining it, perhaps the explanation behind chumee's name is worth being turned into a slightly awkward romantic bit of story

Reactions: molitar

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Weren't her sisters going to refer to her as just Chu' as a diminutive? Could have such a scene pull double duty, even if your lack of a Subscribe Star means we're losing out on the hot goblin threesome

"So this is your boyfriend, eh Chu'?"
"H-he's not my boyfriend! yet..."
"Chu?"
"Y'know, without the 'mee' bit? 'Cuz we know she's a girl."
"'mee' means 'girl'?"
"Yeah. Literally, it's how you say something's a girl in goblin."

boom

Reactions: SardanticDecay
4.40 star(s) 33 Votes