Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
To Tell the truth i played first time today - But Grinding takes allot of time either water or restoring his hp + My mc Dies from hunger :(
Realistic grind and farm is farm more beter solution to this game + Tips and quick guide must be added.... Time should go slower not 2 actions = sleep time
Grind is the problem that we are aware of, we'll work on the balance when there are all main features/locations will be done, it's a couple of updates. The number of actions is increasing with the tools, you got 3rd action point quite fast, at the start of the second chapter. 4th action point at the end of the 4 chapter. Each time Lee forages or hunts something, he improves his skills, it also affects drop from tasks completion. And I should note difficulty bar in settings, some players want a challenge, they may set it to hard, but it may be set to lower difficulty at any time without any penalty.
I think this is an OK mechanic in principle, and I don't think the game is unreasonably difficult (on the default setting), but it does feel pretty ridiculous when, for example, you wake up right by a stream to find yourself thirsty, you drink, and that somehow means half the day is gone. And the emoji-speak means that the came can't even offer any kind of explanation (like, I don't know, you had to wait until the piranhas were looking the other way).

Less time-progression per action (or, equivalently, more time-periods per day), so that you could get more done each day, would be a more satisfying way to balance the grind than increasing the payout or even reducing the cost of upgrades, I think.

Personally I'd prefer it if the hunger/thirst required you to eat and drink every day, and the game accommodated this by giving you enough time to do so while also doing other stuff. (To avoid it being too difficult in the beginning, you could offer plenty of bananas/coconuts early on, but have them respawn more slowly, forcing you to take up hunting or fishing.)

Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I think this is an OK mechanic in principle, and I don't think the game is unreasonably difficult (on the default setting), but it does feel pretty ridiculous when, for example, you wake up right by a stream to find yourself thirsty, you drink, and that somehow means half the day is gone. And the emoji-speak means that the came can't even offer any kind of explanation (like, I don't know, you had to wait until the piranhas were looking the other way).

Less time-progression per action (or, equivalently, more time-periods per day), so that you could get more done each day, would be a more satisfying way to balance the grind than increasing the payout or even reducing the cost of upgrades, I think.

Personally I'd prefer it if the hunger/thirst required you to eat and drink every day, and the game accommodated this by giving you enough time to do so while also doing other stuff. (To avoid it being too difficult in the beginning, you could offer plenty of bananas/coconuts early on, but have them respawn more slowly, forcing you to take up hunting or fishing.)
Thanks for the thoughtful suggestions, they resonate with mine!

Water is a problem resource — if we allow drinking without action points, then the player may always go and drink, so this resource obsolete itself. We may require to boil the water, but there will be a problem in the first chapter, as there is no fire yet.
But I hope we'll find a solution for this, and a simple explanation like the piranhas is the option too, thanks!

I plan to rework the internal logic of the action system as there some problems that players don't see, but they affects the game flow and will try to double action points per day. We'll see if it'll break something :unsure:

In the current update, we increased the hunger and thirst of all characters (Lee and the Cat), and we plan to continue this until it will be more realistic. There is respawn timers on each task (it even used in some places, like honey for example) but it requires some time to tune them, so we plan to address it as there will be all resource points in the game so we don't break the balance again after adding some new locations.

Reactions: Tromilka

DepravedHydra

Aug 7, 2020
I can't run it at all the game keeps crashing on either start up or just before the first action also added the traceback if that helps

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I can't run it at all the game keeps crashing on either start up or just before the first action also added the traceback if that helps
I'll look into it, thanks! Did it crash on the first action in the main menu or in the game itself?

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
It is meaningless to keep a save file after completing this game.
Save files cannot be loaded when the next version is released.
So you have to start over from the beginning or in the middle.
Persistent save file contains information about main progress for chapter selector and your actions/decisions for future outcomes, this information works between all versions. For now, save files compatible between patch releases (0.6.1 -> 0.6.2) and we are working on compatibility on major releases :)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
tonya_crabhunter_16.jpg
Over the past week, thanks to your reports, we have fixed several bugs in the game that we would not like to postpone until the next major release.
Therefore, it was decided to publish version 0.6.2 for all, along with the Android early release for patrons. Saves of this version are compatible with 0.6.1 and 0.6.0, but there is no new content in it, so it makes sense to download it only if you encountered bugs in previous versions of the game.

Download links are in the first post :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes