Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I handed Cat the pearl necklace but she accepted this as if it was a chocolate bar. Shouldn't some extra scene happen? Collecting 9 pearls is not that easy you know.
Yes, there should be extra scene but we didn't make it yet, I'm sorry. Maybe we should not let to give it to Cat for now :unsure:
I'll give you necklace when we'll make it

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
How is the English version coming along?
We plan to release 2-3 chapters tomorrow or even today. And we plan to make 4-5 chapters before next release.

Hmm, maybe the problem is somewhere else in the puzzle; I don't remember exactly how it goes. Perhaps there isn't very good visual feedback to show what is wrong with the bed, and I tried to get her to tell me. (In general, the emojis aren't good at clearly expressing what the task is and why.) Do you have to add multiple piles of leaves?

I'll make a more specific report when I replay it.
There is requirements for it: 1 AP, 15 palm leaves. So there shouldn't be any problems :unsure:

> In general, the emojis aren't good at clearly expressing what the task is and why.
That's true and we continue to search the soultion

Thank you in advance!

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
asmodeev

Tame It! v0.9 PC - Feedback

Early game:
Annoyingly lengthy in terms of progress, because often i need both 2 moves available to get my food and water.
Then there's no time left to collect, craft or build something.
I mean collecting 2 bananas/coconuts takes half of the day? Come on!
Later on (with your hut and the door) you're getting more food than you and your "pet" can eat.
IMO this needs some balancing, e.g. you only need to collect water or foor every second day, early on.
Thank you for the detailed review! (y)
The game really needs balancing and we plan to do it. We are constantly making small adjustments, but plan to make big changes when all locations (and spawn points) are introduced. But I must note that in the first chapter the game should be challenging by design, Lee is hurt, he had no shelter, no fire.

Minigames:
Both the Minigames for hunting crabs and cassowary are bad because of the randomness.
In one turn a crab/cassowary can make 2 moves running off the screen (and the others are moving as well),
leaving me with enough stones but nothing to throw them at, making just 1-2 items on average.
As soon as i have the fishing rod, i'm only going after fish, because there i have some control over the results and mostly making it to 3 fishes.
Or if just need the other 2 sources of food, i'm just skipping the crab/cassowary game and take that 1 piece of meat i'm getting.

Sometimes, in the fishing mini-game, the "target spot" is out of range. Even with the power-slider at max. the bait can't reach the target. Upper area, left and right side of the screen. (Game window is custom size)
Hunting is more random than fishing yes. But you don't need to hit each target, there is a hole where you may lure them. And Cat will help you later when you get good relations with her.

It's news for me that sometimes the target may be out of range in the fishing. Maybe there is some math problem. We'll try to reproduce it. If you'll get screenshot of it, please send me, it'll help a lot.

Interaction with cat pet:
In the hut, when opening the window on her (teaching, collecting, feeding):
I'm just in the window and dragging the fish into the last slot (cat -> -> mouth -> fish) and just before clicking on the speech bubble, her dialog pops up and she's complaining about being hungry.
Or my char's dialog pops up complaining about being hungry or thirsty. Happens almost always in the morning.
Yep, she needs to be fed as much as you are. But reaction before clicking? I must check it, thanks!

When dragging into the "learning" box:
me -> plane -> pilot
the pet answers with:
"plane" (as a text) -> pilot -> musing-Smiley
Thank you! :love: Fixed and will be in the next update!

Sometimes, when sending her to collect bamboo, she will complete the tasks, but later on, when opening the same dialog again, the bamboo is in the first slot (across her face) instead of the box below.
Yes, this bug is killing me as we can't eradicate it yet. But we'll do! :cool:

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Which foods does the cat girl love? I'm stuck after managing to fill the bar with honey, but she rejects any other food.
Meat, fish, crabs, cooked food. She may reject it not because she didn't like it, but because you throw it too far away from her. The point of that game is to lure her to you, to overcome her primal fear. So it's not only about what you throw to her but also where you throw it.

Yeah, I am constantly surprised by the number of people who see the story as an obstacle, but it can depend on the story and the gameplay... I suppose when you are playing one handed, there are limits to what you can do. ;) I can't comment on the gamplay here, since I am still stuck trying to figure out what to do on the plane, but some minigames can be fun, some can be tolerable, but most tend to be annoying.

For example, Summertime Saga, I don't really mind the gardening mini game, since it is an easy way to make some money, and it doesn't tax me, but even though the pizza delivery pays about 5-6 times more by the end, I hate doing it, because it is so hard to do (actually, most of his minigames are a pain). I am old and disabled, so things that make me use my disabled arm for complicated tasks or things that require quick reflexes, don't tend to end well, and seeing how quickly you can tap the keys isn't exactly exciting either. Maybe it is due to the kind of games I like too, since I prefer RPGs, I prefer puzzles that make me think, not test my limited hand-eye coordination or my dyslexia. Time limits make things difficult for my slow moving ass... lol

I really don't want to sound like I am hating, like I said before, 'I love your art', and I applaud you for trying something unique. I look forward to being able to truly appreciate it when the 'translation' is done. Best of luck to you and your team!
Thank you for the feedback and warm words! Some minigames are definitely annoying and I try to find a way to change them without remaking them from the scratch. What we can make skippable (or unlosable) -- we do. So I appreciate any suggestions.

Yeah, I know what are you talking about minigames in Summertime Saga. We try to completely remove the action factor in our minigames, moving them to be more puzzle-like (Steering minigame and the first teaching game are only exceptions, I think). Action minigames in Ren'py are a pain in the ass. But some players don't like puzzles either. There will be a new minigame in the next chapter. And it's more relies on your reflexes, sadly. But it's optional to win.

If I can help with your plane situation don't hesitate to send me save file or screens :)

Reactions: TheDevian

ToastyOats

Aug 5, 2016
I have no fucking clue how to track my progress. I've got the cat knowing 5-6 sentences and emojis, but I can't get her favor any higher, there's no more fish in the lake to gift to her. And I cant' seem to trigger the drowning incident in order to unlock the grappling for the plane

I've built her bed for her too and repaired the hut once already from the storm

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Reactions: purity_xyz

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I have no fucking clue how to track my progress. I've got the cat knowing 5-6 sentences and emojis, but I can't get her favor any higher, there's no more fish in the lake to gift to her. And I cant' seem to trigger the drowning incident in order to unlock the grappling for the plane

I've built her bed for her too and repaired the hut once already from the storm
Take a note of what Lee dreams about at night. It has hints on what to do next. I think you are at the stage when you need to mix blue fish from the lake with honey. In that chapter chance of catching blue fish is increasing with each try.

Kalistrasza

Jan 31, 2018
Damn, such a cool concept. The only thing to wish for in this game - more repeatable sexual events/scenes, but I guess that comes later. Couldn't end the content, cause maybe I'm dumb and don't understand how to catch a shark (2 weeks on non-stoping bating) or a leopard (just no idea), but I'll try to figure it out later. Overall, it's a good game with a great potential

Reactions: Asmodeev

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Damn, such a cool concept. The only thing to wish for in this game - more repeatable sexual events/scenes, but I guess that comes later. Couldn't end the content, cause maybe I'm dumb and don't understand how to catch a shark (2 weeks on non-stoping bating) or a leopard (just no idea), but I'll try to figure it out later. Overall, it's a good game with a great potential
Thank you! Try to use something unexpected, like bananas or coconuts
Leopard isn't accessible by now as you are divided by the ravine with the waterfall.

There's a cat, there's an octopus, what's next, a spider? :LOL:
:ROFLMAO: We'll see! But we thought about such a side character :p

• Love
Reactions: judgenot93

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
I'm really enjoying this game.

But I find the unlabeled buttons on the menu kinda annoying. Sometimes I don't know if I'm in save or load when looking at a save file, and I don't want to accidentally save over something I need.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
That's a bug that I don't have a workbench anymore?
Noticed that you wrote that I need to create hammer at workbench but it's non existing
1628802577789.png

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes