Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017

Since reinstatement I've been mulling over lots of different plans for how to proceed with the game from here. At first I thought an external server which linked to Patreon (but not vice versa) could be a solution. I even set one up that uses the Patreon API (it's pretty neat actually and I might end up migrating to it eventually). But, after carefully rereading the community guidelines and the correspondence from the agent who handled my case, I am now convinced that this would not be acceptable.
I realize many developers are getting by ignoring the community guidelines to some degree but, for whatever reason, I don't appear to have that luxury. Patreon is my livelihood and I can't take the risk of serious disciplinary action. Therefore, starting with 1.7, Teacher's Pets will diligently adhere to the community guidelines.

What does that entail? Surprisingly, not as much as you would think. Once I sat down and actually looked at the changes I would need to make I felt relief. I actually think they are, on balance, for the good of the game.

First, MC is out. Let's face it, my heart was never in it to begin with and it was implemented in a half-assed fashion anyway. Most people's favorite scenes, the Meg college trip and "movie night" either required no MC or needn't have. All the events that MC unlocked will now be unlocked by romance or a combination of romance and corruption. Only now the dialogue will be more interesting.

S-D(I'm not sure on the rules there yet, but you can probably guess what the S stands for) will have an early romance trigger possibility so all of her scenes can play out in the manner that you're used to. Oh, and in case you're wondering: I like the drug dealer's dialogue too much to remove it—I'll just make some minor additions to account for this new change.

I actually think this is a very good change for the game, and have often said that if I had it to do over again I never would have done MC in the first place. In fact, the only reason I did is because I already had the drug dealer character from an earlier, short-lived attempt at a game, and I liked writing for him so much that I stuck him in TP.

Blackmail is still in but can no longer be used for you-know-what. This is replaced by romantic possibilities with Kaitlyn instead. All of her scenes will remain in, the classroom scene will be governed by her rom/corruption and feature a new render if those scores are high enough. I'll consider this change neutral, some will like it and other will dislike it. Personally, I look forward to writing romantic progression for her.

Those are the two big ones. There will be a handful of other smaller changes that will barely register: for example, instead of a high school our characters are now attending a post-graduate academy (edit: to clear up a common misconception I've been hearing, this is not a college. This is for a school for high school graduates, so 18, 19 year olds). Kaityln will receive a new outfit voted on by you guys, but will still wear her cheerleading outfit when appropriate. I'll probably remove the "better view" option from the bedroom (though don't worry, you'll be seeing a lot more of S-D in 1.7).

For those of you who dislike these changes, I'm very sorry, but I feel like my hands are tied here. You still have several days to delete or change your pledge, and I understand completely if that is your choice. Also of note is the fact that animation previews will probably no longer be a thing given the current climate, nor will lewd previews. To compensate, I will be interacting with you guys in other ways, including many more polls, which I have been neglecting for some time.

I realize making this announcement now may cost me a large portion of my income, but I feel like it's something I have to do. I heard someone in Discord, someone in a similar situation to mine, say that it's hard to work with the sword of Damocles hanging over your head—that's very true. I feel like the sword has been lifted. For those of you who choose to stick around you have my sincerest gratitude, and I will work tirelessly to blow your minds with v1.7.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
You're changing basically everything. Even if what you change it to is good, and it likely will be, you're a good writer. It won't be the SAME GAME that I have been enjoying so far. TBH Deem you might as well just fucking start over if you're going to change that much. :S
What? Maybe you misunderstand the changes, or I haven't communicated them well. I'm certainly not changing "everything." Or even... I don't understand how you could get that impression.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
'Deem your scared to even leave a simple-ass sleep creep scene in... The game is NOT going to continue in the same vein as it currently is...

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Honestly, the most prominent stuff that's changing is stuff I never really liked to begin with, and don't think is very good content. Then there is one recent scene, which I liked, but when I consider the implications now I feel may have been in very bad taste—so I'm not sad to see it taken in a different direction. The Kaitlyn BJ scene, that is. Go ahead, call me an SJW. XD
I like the BJ, but I don't really like blackmail very much, I'm completely fine that it got out of the game

it's not like we won't have a proper consentual BJ in the future from her, I would be pissed if you took her out of the game :closedeyesmile:

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Eh its not as bad as I expected. I was thinking D was gonna be out completely, but I mean there was barely any MC anyways. I just hope implementing these changes don't delay 1.7 that much.

Adol

Jul 18, 2017

Since reinstatement I've been mulling over lots of different plans for how to proceed with the game from here. At first I thought an external server which linked to Patreon (but not vice versa) could be a solution. I even set one up that uses the Patreon API (it's pretty neat actually and I might end up migrating to it eventually). But, after carefully rereading the community guidelines and the correspondence from the agent who handled my case, I am now convinced that this would not be acceptable.
I realize many developers are getting by ignoring the community guidelines to some degree but, for whatever reason, I don't appear to have that luxury. Patreon is my livelihood and I can't take the risk of serious disciplinary action. Therefore, starting with 1.7, Teacher's Pets will diligently adhere to the community guidelines.

What does that entail? Surprisingly, not as much as you would think. Once I sat down and actually looked at the changes I would need to make I felt relief. I actually think they are, on balance, for the good of the game.

First, MC is out. Let's face it, my heart was never in it to begin with and it was implemented in a half-assed fashion anyway. Most people's favorite scenes, the Meg college trip and "movie night" either required no MC or needn't have. All the events that MC unlocked will now be unlocked by romance or a combination of romance and corruption. Only now the dialogue will be more interesting.

S-D(I'm not sure on the rules there yet, but you can probably guess what the S stands for) will have an early romance trigger possibility so all of her scenes can play out in the manner that you're used to. Oh, and in case you're wondering: I like the drug dealer's dialogue too much to remove it—I'll just make some minor additions to account for this new change.

I actually think this is a very good change for the game, and have often said that if I had it to do over again I never would have done MC in the first place. In fact, the only reason I did is because I already had the drug dealer character from an earlier, short-lived attempt at a game, and I liked writing for him so much that I stuck him in TP.

Blackmail is still in but can no longer be used for you-know-what. This is replaced by romantic possibilities with Kaitlyn instead. All of her scenes will remain in, the classroom scene will be governed by her rom/corruption and feature a new render if those scores are high enough. I'll consider this change neutral, some will like it and other will dislike it. Personally, I look forward to writing romantic progression for her.

Those are the two big ones. There will be a handful of other smaller changes that will barely register: for example, instead of a high school our characters are now attending a post-graduate academy (edit: to clear up a common misconception I've been hearing, this is not a college. This is for a school for high school graduates, so 18, 19 year olds). Kaityln will receive a new outfit voted on by you guys, but will still wear her cheerleading outfit when appropriate. I'll probably remove the "better view" option from the bedroom (though don't worry, you'll be seeing a lot more of S-D in 1.7).

For those of you who dislike these changes, I'm very sorry, but I feel like my hands are tied here. You still have several days to delete or change your pledge, and I understand completely if that is your choice. Also of note is the fact that animation previews will probably no longer be a thing given the current climate, nor will lewd previews. To compensate, I will be interacting with you guys in other ways, including many more polls, which I have been neglecting for some time.

I realize making this announcement now may cost me a large portion of my income, but I feel like it's something I have to do. I heard someone in Discord, someone in a similar situation to mine, say that it's hard to work with the sword of Damocles hanging over your head—that's very true. I feel like the sword has been lifted. For those of you who choose to stick around you have my sincerest gratitude, and I will work tirelessly to blow your minds with v1.7.
You are fantastic, I'll be happy to continue supporting you as I can

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
and I like that MC is out, I only played with it because there were stuff locked behind it, the first time I played I actually chose not to, but I saw I was missing stuff and started a new game

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Eh its not as bad as I expected. I was thinking D was gonna be out completely, but I mean there was barely any MC anyways. I just hope implementing these changes don't delay 1.7 that much.
Right... the Meghan MC was just boring grindy content in my opinion, and didn't fit with the tone of the rest of the game. You'll still be able to get to fondle her, you'll just have to rely on your romance and corruption skills. I will miss the cat poster, though. Same for the other MC scenes, it's not like movie night is getting removed or something.

Reactions: jande21

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
@irredeemable
Deem you know what content I like, the 'listed' changes play right into my wheelhouse, this isn't what bothers me.

It's the implication that you're going to be afraid and second guessing everything you add to the game now. It's going to end up some weird 'tamer' version of even the romance version. I'm not a fan of boring mind control shit, but pussycats, unicorns and fucking rainbows don't interest me either...

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Christ. You should write mind control and not MC. I was seriously wondering how can you recreate this one into a story without main character oO All in all it's nothing too serious tho Mind control was a fun idea. I even like that it won't be a real D for now as for me incest just takes my immersion. Hope it'll be fine

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
'Deem your scared to even leave a simple-ass sleep creep scene in... The game is NOT going to continue in the same vein as it currently is...
Eh, that's one I could change my mind on. I'm not sure why your convinced of doom and gloom.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I actually like the fact that you don't rely on mind control anymore (oh and maybe you should refrain from using abbreviations like mc, not everybody will understand what you mean and clarification is the purpose, right? ;) ...Btw: What's S-D? No idea what that's suppose to mean)
Same with blackmail, not a big fan of that either. Call me old-fashioned, but I rather charm my way into a girls panties ... or mouth for that matter instead of relaying to such tricks.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
I actually like the fact that you don't rely on mind control anymore (oh and maybe you should refrain from using abbreviations like mc, not everybody will understand what you mean and clarification is the purpose, right? ;) ...Btw: What's S-D? No idea what that's suppose to mean)
Same with blackmail, not a big fan of that either. Call me old-fashioned, but I rather charm my way into a girls panties ... or mouth for that matter instead of relaying to such tricks.
Step daughter

Reactions: Lotex

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
I hate this nazi patreon fucktards and the assholes who reported the games and caused all this shit. >.<

Reactions: r00m

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Read the post, still plan on becoming a patron. The way mind control had been implemented, to me at least it didn't really FEEL like mind control. If anything it felt the same as if you just got the girl drunk and lowered her inhibitions. Tbh with Meghan the way she was written, i actually felt like a bit of a dick using mind control on her so i could grope her. Being able to do that without drugging her is definitely a plus for me. Same with the daughter, i liked her because of the way shes written, the fact she was your daughter wasn't really a plus or minus for me.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I hate this nazi patreon fucktards and the assholes who reported the games and caused all this shit. >.<
Tell me about it. Hard to say how many thousands of dolllars it will have cost me by the time its effects over with. Not mention the stress and feelings of shame for letting down my patrons.

Reactions: Vibescu and jande21

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
An honest hope/dream/Huge Beg. :)

Looking at the changes I have NO PROBLEM with them at this time.. I didn't really like the MC thing (I hate the 'Magic' solutions). That being said it would be nice-ish if a limited 'Cheat' option were added for stats (Maybe like Man of the House). Of course I ask this because I am LAZY. :) Yes I do use console changes, but a small limited, in game abllity to alter some things (money Money MONEY) might be nice.

I very much look forward to the next update, and believe that with the skill you have shown to this point I will still enjoy your wonderful creation.

This has been an unpaid stream of conscious post. :) I want Cookies if I'm gonna do another. (mmm cookies)

P.S. You should do a cooking scene with D (and maybe Sarah) that has COOKIES. or not. :)

Reactions: muttdoggy

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Agreed. That was I believe from the first patch when I still thought maybe I would do like a traditional trainer type thing, make things easy on myself. I always wanted to go back and change it, but removing it works just as well.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes