Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017
See that's what I don't get. If it's a PR move, which it appears to be, wouldn't they go after the most visible projects? Those are the ones that the media are going to target. But nothing of consequence has been done to any of the top games, as far as I know, meanwhile I got hassled endlessly and nobody even knows who the fuck I am. Why was I even on that list?
Either the agent you got was overzealous or they were scared to offend those bringing in more money. Probably a little bit of both.

Reactions: paladin07

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
"So I couldn't sleep (An important announcement about the future)"

Anyone have this from dev's Patreon? It was posted this morning and I am now worried :(

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
"So I couldn't sleep (An important announcement about the future)"

Anyone have this from dev's Patreon? It was posted this morning and I am now worried :(
I do, but I've been arguing about it all morning and don't look forward to the shitstorm here, so I'll let someone else post it. Keep in mind as you read it that I think you'll find, once you actually play the game, that ultimately the changes are of little consequence--some may even be improvements.

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Oh dear, some people do not react well to even the smallest changes, see the Man of the House thread and change from family to step family.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Oh dear, some people do not react well to even the smallest changes, see the Man of the House thread and change from family to step family.
Worth to notice it's not even change as they could be step-family from the start so all dialogs fit and it doesn't affect dev's idea at all. I'm curious of changes in TP but I know I can trust this dev so it doesn't really matter for me if D. was another student or whatever. Quality is still here

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Yes, and mine are more extensive than that. I expect to lose a lot of patrons over the next few days—hopefully they'll give 1.7 a chance.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Yes, and mine are more extensive than that. I expect to lose a lot of patrons over the next few days—hopefully they'll give 1.7 a chance.
Sure I love your writing and the renders are nice. I know my opinion isn't worth much as I'm not one of your patreons but as long as you keep the quality up I'll keep playing.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
What? Was the game setting changed to University of the Third Age? All characters are 70+ now, up yours Patreon! With new memorable quests like "get Kaitlyn prescription for medical marihuana", "find spare parts for Megans wheel chair", etc. I hope not. ;)

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
What? Was the game setting changed to University of the Third Age? All characters are 70+ now, up yours Patreon! With new memorable quests like "get Kaitlyn prescription for medical marihuana", "find spare parts for Megans wheel chair", etc. I hope not. ;)
Impossible. That's dangerously close to necrophilia and it's banned as well:(

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Worth to notice it's not even change as they could be step-family from the start so all dialogs fit and it doesn't affect dev's idea at all. I'm curious of changes in TP but I know I can trust this dev so it doesn't really matter for me if D. was another student or whatever. Quality is still here
Yeah but some people in the thread were throwing a fit because they were more invested in the incest part, so not even having the option to choose family was apparently a deal breaker. I'm with you though I like this game because of the quality of the renders, and the humour in deems writing so still planning to become a patron on Wed. Unless the post is about changing the game to what @smnb said lol

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yeah but some people in the thread were throwing a fit because they were more invested in the incest part, so not even having the option to choose family was apparently a deal breaker. I'm with you though I like this game because of the quality of the renders, and the humour in deems writing so still planning to become a patron on Wed. Unless the post is about changing the game to what @smnb said lol
People like to bitch about things. Fortunately it seems like faerin's patron number is growing as always and I'm sure irredeemable won't lose much even without incest. His reputation is so positive I doubt it will affect his patrons as much as some think. I wish him best for that. Someone could share this post so we could actually know what's gonna change

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
People like to bitch about things. Fortunately it seems like faerin's patron number is growing as always and I'm sure irredeemable won't lose much even without incest. His reputation is so positive I doubt it will affect his patrons as much as some think. I wish him best for that. Someone could share this post so we could actually know what's gonna change
I doubt it. I think I'll lose quite a bit, but that I can rebuild. So many people have ill will towards Patreon right now and look at any dev that makes concessions to the CG as coward or worse. As I say in the post, many very successful devs seem to be able to get by disregarding the community guidelines, unfortunately not all of us are in that position.

I remember an interview the AV Club did with Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse years ago. They asked if licensing out his songs was a tough decision.

"Figuring out ways to pay the rent isn't really a tough decision ... I like keeping the lights on in my house. People who don't have to make their living playing music can bitch about my principles while they spend their parents' money or wash dishes for some asshole. Principles are something that people are a lot better at checking in other people than keeping their own."

Reactions: Adol

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
I can't really comment other opinions, but I would say they are more angry because it's hard to adopt. You know, you have had characters, settings, story... things you familiarize with - and now, one or more of your beloved characters are someone else or story is going in different direction.

That's something that happend to a lot of TV-shows and (some of them) they lost their fans because of it. It's natural same thing will happen here.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I doubt it. I think I'll lose quite a bit, but that I can rebuild. So many people have ill will towards Patreon right now and look at any dev that makes concessions to the CG as coward or worse. As I say in the post, many very successful devs seem to be able to get by disregarding the community guidelines, unfortunately not all of us are in that position.
So if you're right lets hope you'll rebuild your playerbase relatively soon. I seriously doubt it will be so serious but who knows. Recreating things might gain you another group of players that were unable to enjoy your game before and it might be something positive in a longterm. Time will tell. If I'm right you should transfer me your excess money \m/

"Figuring out ways to pay the rent isn't really a tough decision ... I like keeping the lights on in my house. People who don't have to make their living playing music can bitch about my principles while they spend their parents' money or wash dishes for some asshole. Principles are something that people are a lot better at checking in other people than keeping their own."
On point. Being adult is a bitch

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Honestly, the most prominent stuff that's changing is stuff I never really liked to begin with, and don't think is very good content. Then there is one recent scene, which I liked, but when I consider the implications now I feel may have been in very bad taste—so I'm not sad to see it taken in a different direction. The Kaitlyn BJ scene, that is. Go ahead, call me an SJW. XD

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
What exactly do you find so sad? That just seems like an extreme overreaction to me.
You're changing basically everything. Even if what you change it to is good, and it likely will be, you're a good writer. It won't be the SAME GAME that I have been enjoying so far. TBH Deem you might as well just fucking start over if you're going to change that much. :S

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
TBH I don't think any change about Kait will raise masses with pitchforks. She is not yet of "flesh and blood" like D. or Meg - even Sara - so her scenes, just like her background story, aren't "mandatory" - yet.

Reactions: jackkane
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes