Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Tell me about it. Hard to say how many thousands of dolllars it will have cost me by the time its effects over with. Not mention the stress and feelings of shame for letting down my patrons.
I'm sorry if I seem like I'm ranting and pointing my finger at you. Well, I guess i am a little, but, dammit I really liked your game as it was!

I haven't cancelled my pledge though and don't plan on it. I'm just royally fucked off, but it'll pass. ;)

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
That was always the one thing that I dislike most, when he screamed at her to take her shirt off. Always seemed out of tone compared to the rest of the game.
The pill free route was the one I was looking forward to the most too, for everyone.
Well I guess all the routes will be pill free now anyway...

Reactions: jande21

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Pills were NEVER MC. They were more like vodka or whisky. If there were MC like:"I'm your master and you're my thrall!", I wouldn't even play it. Or, probably, would - because writing is superb and that's most important to me.

On the other hand, we're losing content regarding ???. I doubt that will be replenished in next few versions.

D to SD... Now that's one of the things that'll need some time to settle, but, like I said it's just like in TV shows when new actor became your favourite character - here is the opposite thing.

Kait's BJ - like I said, it doesn't matter yet, but...

"Better view"... It's not about looking, it's about whole quest that will look pointless - raising depravity, spending money on hammer... For what? Not to mention that we're losing one achievement.

j3wed

Jun 26, 2017
What's wrong? the pill idea was shit to begin with. Just like magic and other stuff, it's just ridiculous, keeping it in a more serious tone is definetly better. The only downfall is the incest which i hope the dev finds a solution for.
I hate this nazi patreon fucktards and the assholes who reported the games and caused all this shit. >.<
Why are you screeching like an autist, do you call anything and anyone you don't like a nazi?

Reactions: Pyjak Slayer

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Don't really care about D or SD - it's just matter of habit - so it'll need some time. Only that thing with "better view" is my truly objection.

Reactions: r00m

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
What's wrong? the pill idea was shit to begin with. Just like magic and other stuff, it's just ridiculous, keeping it in a more serious tone is definetly better. The only downfall is the incest which i hope the dev finds a solution for.

Why are you screeching like an autist, do you call anything and anyone you don't like a nazi?
No.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
It would be hard to justify romance with D without a pill now so it's cool. I wonder what would happen if the same person that reviewed irredeemable would review Dark Silver:O

T

TMWSTW

While I'm sure the game will continue to be good I can't be excited about "revisions" to the base game concept and content being removed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Vignum

Dasati

May 30, 2017
It would be hard to justify romance with D without a pill now so it's cool. I wonder what would happen if the same person that reviewed irredeemable would review Dark Silver:O
Dark Silver would have the excuse he clearly wants to stop making BB and move on to something else.

Reactions: vir_cotto

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
if she reviewed DoD or DmD, Mr Dots and Dr Sin would need to remake the whole game

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Dark Silver would have the excuse he clearly wants to stop making BB and move on to something else.
His thread would be sooo cool tho. I cannot imagine how any hard incest game like DMD or BB could be changed properly. Their inconsistencial behaviour is toxic as hell as they're just picking on a small fries.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
His thread would be sooo cool tho. I cannot imagine how any hard incest game like DMD or BB could be changed properly. Their inconsistencial behaviour is toxic as hell as they're just picking on a small fries.
Off topic - I noticed "Farmer's Dreams" signature. Is there similarities with Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons? I thought I would check it if that is the case.

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
My thoughts on the changes:

1. No more MC - it's fine if you can make up for it with plausible dialog. It'll make the game extremely hard to write well though, as MC was kinda like the "magic" so you have some writing leeway.
2. S - D. Ok I actually don't know what this means. I'm assuming it's fucking D. Understandable if Patreon is making you remove it as it is incest.
3. Blackmail - this was actually my favorite part of the game. If Patreon is threatening to pull you out based on the age thing, just make her a super senior or some shit. She so bad that she got left back. Otherwise I don't understand what you mean you're keeping Blackmail but no more bj scene for her, or you're gonna write some silly romantic dialog for K. I think you have enough romantic scenes, and I think some darker stuff is healthy for balance. Imo, K as a unapproachable, hostile character that you corrupt is fun. How you're gonna do corruption without blackmail, I don't really know.

All in all. Best of luck, but personally if blackmail is pulled for K as a theme I'm gonna have to pull out. There's a lot of romantic games out there, very few with good blackmail. But you'll live without my measly contribution.

Reactions: LastWord666

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
While I'm sure the game will continue to be good I can't be excited about "revisions" to the base game concept and content being removed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I see your point, but honestly I made a lot of mistakes in the base game concept. Trying to mix mind control and romance was one of them. Basically I wanted to tell more long-form stories, but also wanted there to be shortcuts to sex. But in practice it's just awkward. There are weird tonal difference that are tough to account for, plus you end up in nonsensical scenarios like with Meg where you've just basically harassed her, but the next time she sees you she treats you like her best friend. So you have to come up with excuses like temporary amnesia or something—it just gets silly after a while.

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
The only change I dont like is from High school to univeristy or whatever it is, just isnt the same.

Reactions: Vignum

Dasati

May 30, 2017
2. S - D. Ok I actually don't know what this means. I'm assuming it's fucking D. Understandable if Patreon is making you remove it as it is incest.
3. Blackmail - this was actually my favorite part of the game. If Patreon is threatening to pull you out based on the age thing, just make her a super senior or some shit. She so bad that she got left back. Otherwise I don't understand what you mean you're keeping Blackmail but no more bj scene for her, or you're gonna write some silly romantic dialog for K. I think you have enough romantic scenes, and I think some darker stuff is healthy for balance. Imo, K as a unapproachable, hostile character that you corrupt is fun. How you're gonna do corruption without blackmail, I don't really know.
The S-D is changing daughter to step-daughter. As to the blackmail thing, i think thats in regards to the "sexual violence" part of patreons new guidelines. One example of how the new blackmail thing could work is blackmailing her to do something which increases her corruption as she finds that she actually likes what you make her do. The bj thing is basically you won't be able to say "suck my cock or I'll release these photos".

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Not a university. It a post graduate academy, the students would be high school graduates 18-19 years old. I'm not actually planning on changing the school renders, just mentioning it in the text.
So like a 6th form college for us UK people. Not a secondary/high school but not University either.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes