Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Draconias

Oct 19, 2017
I'm disappointed to see that your game is having to take this direction, and I'm sorry you had to deal with this BS. Hope things end up working out for you. <3

manneychin

May 8, 2017
I'll just leave this here instead of responding to that directly.

Losing "Control"
Patrons only
Oct 29 at 8:28am

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I appreciate your reply to me and the message from the wall of text. I also appreciate your talent. Please pay attention to my 2nd paragraph as something to remember 6-12 months from now. Don't lie to yourself about not enduring severe penalties from bending over for Patreon. Conforming to their mind police will guarantee you won't even stumble into the fucked up fantasies that people actually want to pay for, especially as you don't seem to be driven by a desire to express some fantasy in particular, you just want to get paid (or worse, you want to get paid AND be adult games' Sandra Brown). It's not impossible to make money with vanilla fantasies, sure, but it's a hell of a lot harder and don't you underestimate that.

T

TMWSTW

I appreciate your reply to me and the message from the wall of text. I also appreciate your talent. Please pay attention to my 2nd paragraph as something to remember 6-12 months from now. Don't lie to yourself about not enduring severe penalties from bending over for Patreon. Conforming to their mind police will guarantee you won't even stumble into the fucked up fantasies that people actually want to pay for, especially as you don't seem to be driven by a desire to express some fantasy in particular, you just want to get paid (or worse, you want to get paid AND be adult games' Sandra Brown). It's not impossible to make money with vanilla fantasies, sure, but it's a hell of a lot harder and don't you underestimate that.
He's still got cheating on your wife, incest and fucking high school girls when you're their teacher. That's not exactly "vanilla romance novel" material.
Also, why are you bringing up pay? Do you really think anyone wants to put time and effort into creating an original work and letting people enjoy it for no monetary (or other) gain? There's plenty of other games and fiction that are focused around rape, blackmail and other "fucked up fantasies" that people other than you will pay big money for. There are also many people who will pay for this new version that irredeemable is working on. Neither of these two groups include you so I don't really see why your opinion is relevant to the discussion and I don't see why you would hold such insight on a group that you yourself have stated are not a part of.

manneychin

May 8, 2017
He's still got cheating on your wife, incest and fucking high school girls when you're their teacher. That's not exactly "vanilla romance novel" material.
Also, why are you bringing up pay? Do you really think anyone wants to put time and effort into creating an original work and letting people enjoy it for no monetary (or other) gain? There's plenty of other games and fiction that are focused around rape, blackmail and other "fucked up fantasies" that people other than you will pay big money for. There are also many people who will pay for this new version that irredeemable is working on. Neither of these two groups include you so I don't really see why your opinion is relevant to the discussion and I don't see why you would hold such insight on a group that you yourself have stated are not a part of.
Thank you Captain Obvious but I already stated all of that in my first post

LordGMLP

May 15, 2017
@irredeemable Is Patreon really your only source of income? Have you a full/part-time job? Sorry too many pages to go through. The businesa of pleasing people’s fantasies, no matter how fucked up that may be, is never easy considering the SJW/PC bullshit we’re being brainwashed with by mass media these days.

I honestly did not like some of the changes you were comtemplating, but I’m willing to give 1.7 a shot, perhaps even increase my mid-tier contribution. Maybe put an ETA on your front page like other devs?

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
@irredeemable Is Patreon really your only source of income? Have you a full/part-time job? Sorry too many pages to go through. The businesa of pleasing people’s fantasies, no matter how fucked up that may be, is never easy considering the SJW/PC bullshit we’re being brainwashed with by mass media these days.

I honestly did not like some of the changes you were comtemplating, but I’m willing to give 1.7 a shot, perhaps even increase my mid-tier contribution. Maybe put an ETA on your front page like other devs?
It is currently. Previously I was doing freelance web development but I haven't taken on a job in months now.

I have source that tells me that they're really going to be cracking down on the "big 5" in the community guidelines. I'm already under scrutiny (it's still unclear to me whether I'm cleared to post anything yet, waiting to hear back from Trust and Safety.). Even if I weren't, I strongly suspect my suspension was the result of someone vindictively reporting me and have no reason to think he or she wouldn't do so again. Additionally, since I announced the changes I've probably received 25-30 messages from irate TP players who apparently think I'm scum now.

In other words, I think thorough adherence to the community guidelines is advisable.

That said, I really think many people are overestimating the impact the changes will have on the game. Pills are gone, but at this point they were basically just shortcuts for +rom anyway, or a grind to content I'll fit in some other way. Blackmail BJ is gone(but not consensual BJ) but in retrospect I think it really clashed with the tone of the game anyway. The other changes are largely inconsequential. Mostly just nominal things like "daughter" -> "stepdaughter", "high school" -> "junior college" which could probably be modified by some nefarious modder (I do not endorse this, nefarious modders) if it really matters to you.

As for the ETA, I don't really have a good one at the moment. I was kind of a wreck during the suspension and didn't get much done other than checking my email constantly and emailing everyone I could think of to email. Now I have to go through the code making compliance changes. I realize it's been a long time since 1.62, but 1.7 is going to feature 2 of the highest quality interactive renders I've produced, and I've recently decided to add a new scene, perhaps partially animated (unless I go nuts and decide to do a 3rd full anim), that I think most of the fans will thoroughly enjoy.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 40 Votes