Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Jack Dangers

Aug 3, 2017
+1 on being sad to lose the blackmail and the daughter route. I enjoyed that path and character immensely. “Rebranding” her just won’t be the same, for me.

Hope those modders can come through for me!

Reactions: jackkane and waffel

Oct 9, 2017
Well i respect about the Dev decision in Making D. (re-branded) we can't deny the fact about what happen in PATREON in each Dev's they just comply the rule's so it's rather SAD on my part on so the other Members in F95. so at least we can play it but not the same Thrilling and Excitement from the first release to it's last b4 changing the content .

JUST KEEP CALM
AND

DO WHAT YOU
WANT

:test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test:

ns332

May 14, 2017
I really can't understand what's the problem to continue the story line, without changing it. All other developers, as i understand, just removed all forbidden content from patreon's web page... By the way that's my favorite game, and it will be very disappointing if the game will change.

Reactions: waffel

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Primarily because Deem got stuck with a patreon agent who was a real hard ass, very slow to communicate and VERY strict about what he was allowed to post. It also seems highly likely someone is out to get Deem and likely reported him in the first place. Its highly likely this person would report him again if he didn't comply with patreons new guidelines. The agent has specifically said to Deem that simply putting content behind a paywall is insufficient. I believe Faerin (Man of the House developer) has encountered similar issues and had to remove incest from his game. Though a kind soul provided a mod to put it back in, something similar will likely occur with this game.

Mind control will be removed not just because patreon demands it, but because Deem never really liked it to begin with. I and many others agree that it clashed with the overall tone of the rest of the game. As far as I'm aware other than the pill, things won't technically be removed, just the circumstances of how you get them will change.

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
It's sad that our lovely dev Deem must rework his game and change things. Espicially if it's his source of income... If he lost this that would be catastrophal (from month to zero income the next month). So I can understand that he must do what patreon does. The complete Mind Control/Pill aspect is highly controversial in today's society (where almost everyone crys rape for all sort of things)... It sucks... But Deem's decision is comprehensibly... Patreon doesn't want an outrage (e.g. supports rape) and because off that, they're so stricts. I can't say if that justify their course of action...

Personally I don't mind if the Mind Control aspect disappears. The Incest aspect is much harder for me (because I love that kind of games :))

But here in germany there is a similar thing (with the swastika). While it is allowed for "artistic purpose" e.g. movies, tv, magazines, it's not allowed for computer games (because they don't fall under this artistic purpose). It's idiocy I know...
So games like Wolfenstein or South Park: Stick of Truth were only (after heavily censoring) allowed to sell in germany.

So from that point I can understand Deem's changes but hopefully there will be a way to save the incest part....

But keep up will your work and art. I love it very much :)

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
That would really be a shameless act. Taking the work of Deem and change it for it perverted desires...
Nah. Deem didn't WANT to make the changes, and he's fine with people modding it.

(And, to tell you how I know that, I went so far as to ask him if he was okay with me returning the game to incest. whether anyone else mods it, I'm gonna undo the changes. Though I may undo the mind control changes. And I'm still on the fence about the change from high school to jr college. In our PMs, he said he desn't mind mods to his game.)

s4msepi0l

Jun 20, 2017
How did so many games, both big and small, manage to stay the same while containing everything deem has claimed he needed to remove/change? It doesn't make sense to me that Patreon response to these games would vary that much. I know we're not supposed to discuss that in here but I couldn't find the right thread, could someone direct me to the right one?

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
How did so many games, both big and small, manage to stay the same while containing everything deem has claimed he needed to remove/change? It doesn't make sense to me that Patreon response to these games would vary that much. I know we're not supposed to discuss that in here but I couldn't find the right thread, could someone direct me to the right one?
It's individual discretion. Since the guidelines of Patreon are not at all clear and rather vague one could construe something as ok or not ok.

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
The charitable explanation is that Patreon wrote their new adult terms of service intentionally vaguely so they could selectively enforce it however they want. This is backed up by the emails from Patreon and their agents that various devs have posted. Sometimes the agents for Patreon think the rules only apply to content posted publicly on Patreon, others think it also applies to everything posted on Patreon, not just public posts. The agent that talked to Deem thought that the adult TOS covers everything funded by Patreon. And she sent him increasingly granular notes about the portrayal of characters and what-have-you. His was one of the pages offline for the longest so it seems like he's operating under an abundance of caution going forward.

The uncharitable explanation is that Patreon wants to pretend like they give a fuck, but games like Dating my Daughter and Big Brother make them too much money to actually do anything about. So they picked a few scapegoats that they can point to when there's a big news story about all the mind control incest simulators blows up.

Reactions: jackkane and titit
U

User_166761

Nah. Deem didn't WANT to make the changes, and he's fine with people modding it.

(And, to tell you how I know that, I went so far as to ask him if he was okay with me returning the game to incest. whether anyone else mods it, I'm gonna undo the changes. Though I may undo the mind control changes. And I'm still on the fence about the change from high school to jr college. In our PMs, he said he desn't mind mods to his game.)
You shouldn't be saying this publicly. You never know how far Patreon is willing to go when it comes to their new guidelines. Someone could report irredeemable by using your message as grounds for a ban.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Your mistake was assuming that common sense applied either to policy or it's implementation. In my experience, when it comes to bureaucracy, common sense doesn't exist... I know where I work, the "common sense" option is usually explicitly forbidden.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
You shouldn't be saying this publicly. You never know how far Patreon is willing to go when it comes to their new guidelines. Someone could report irredeemable by using your message as grounds for a ban.
Pretty much everything is possible, although not very likely and besides you're not liable for what other people do or say. As long as deem isn't actively publishing it this way he shouldn't have any trouble.

btpirg

Aug 7, 2016
If they went by things other people said, then whoever is doing it can make an account, say whatever they want, then use that as a grounds. Hell, here deem can say whatever he wants as long as he never says on Patreon that the deem in this forum is him. Otherwise he can always say its some asshole pretending to be him that moddifies his game every month. Then they cant do shit.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I came here wondering why I hadn't heard about this game in so long. I see now.

We really need a Patreon alternative. Ideally one hosted in some eastern European country where money is more important than already-lax decency laws. I mean, I think guideline changes are fine. It's the ambiguity that's the problem. These policies need to be crystal clear. This is a very leftist strategy, to keep things incredibly vague so they can inject their constantly-changing opinion on the fly. If it was the religious right making these rules, you can bet your ass they would be a lot more strict, but at least you would know exactly where the boundaries were and precisely how far you could push things without having to worry about some bipolar moderator disabling your account over a gray area because their cat threw up on their carpet that morning.

Reactions: GroPin

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I do agree we need clarity regarding Patreon's policy AND its enforcement.
However, this must be said again.. it's not about left or right. It's about a business conducting its own affairs.
Second, the patreon alternative discussion is over .
Now back to waiting for the next release...

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes